Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 09:42   #16
BHPian

Given the options, no 2nd thoughts - my vote goes to the CRV (wish I get a deal like this!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka View Post
I am Getting CRV for Around 7 lacs(i know he would fetch more money by selling it elsewhere,but would give it to me for 7 lacs).and even a safari 2.2 lx would cost around 8.15 lacs (on road) in delhi.
CRV comes bundled with all the safety features like ABS and Airbags which is missing from the Safari, and i think prchasing CRV will save money initially coz it already comes loaded with the ICE,alloys and Upgraded footwear,however if i go for a safari will definately have to spend on the ICE,Alloys and Better Footwear which itself would add up to a good amount.
Fuel economy is not that bigger a problem as the daily run is not much.

but what i am concerned about is the cost of spares,service intervals and day to day maintenance costs.
probably the Safari 2.2 and Crv owners will be able to elaborate more on that .

But As of now it feels like CRV is the right Choice.

waiting for more Suggestions..
Old 29th July 2008, 22:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

As far as ownership costs of the CRV goes...

Normal running costs will be affordable.

But if you crash the car (God Forbid), you will be looking at 6 digits almost immediately
Old 29th July 2008, 22:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry.. forgot to add and too late to edit...

My vote is for the CRV
Old 30th July 2008, 08:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Though unwilling to root for any other than the Safari, I would suggest you to go for the CRV. This particular vehicle never entered my radar because of petrol guzzling habits. Had Honda come out with a diesel version then I would have been the first one in the que.

I've heard that its all wheel drive tranny is quite capable and can put any 4x4 worth its salt to shame.
Old 30th July 2008, 08:48   #20
BANNED

Unless you don't want claim insurance (but why?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
But if you crash the car (God Forbid), you will be looking at 6 digits almost immediately
I second this
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Though unwilling to root for any other than the Safari, I would suggest you to go for the CRV. This particular vehicle never entered my radar because of petrol guzzling habits. Had Honda come out with a diesel version then I would have been the first one in the que.

I've heard that its all wheel drive tranny is quite capable and can put any 4x4 worth its salt to shame.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

A CRV at 7 lacs would be a steal if the day to day running costs (as in lower mileage & Petrol driven) are not an issue for you; CRV servicing costs would also be higher. But, as I said its a steal at that price & you also know that it has been well taken care of - so, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I disagree with that completely but that's a topic for another thread. It doesn't even have 4L.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:45   #22
BANNED

Its slightly more than Civic, same as Accord.
Sample costs:
Labour for scheduled services: 750
Oil filter: 265
Fuel filter: 1395
Air filter: 1638
Spark plug: 308
Other consumables such as engine oil, brake oil, coolant, trans oil cost same for all Honda cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
CRV servicing costs would also be higher.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Its slightly more than Civic, same as Accord.
Sample costs:
Labour for scheduled services: 750
Oil filter: 265
Fuel filter: 1395
Air filter: 1638
Spark plug: 308
Other consumables such as engine oil, brake oil, coolant, trans oil cost same for all Honda cars.
I'm comparing with the Safari servicing costs.......due to the Safari's replacement intervals etc being longer & the components being cheaper than the CRV's.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:58   #24
BANNED

Well CRV can do the job:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I disagree with that completely but that's a topic for another thread. It doesn't even have 4L.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

My vote is for CRV considering your daily usage.

Also it is difficult to get a car with the history known and clear.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Well CRV can do the job:
Diabloo, forget it, its subjective. I'm talking about places where you need a 4L - the AWD doesn't suffice. It cannot compare with a 4x4 which has a 4L option.

In Sucka's case, it may not be required but I disagree with anyone who says that the fulltime AWD will put a 4x4 to shame

Last edited by suman : 30th July 2008 at 11:24.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:57   #27
BHPian

CRV:Automatic or Manual?

I think GTO said here that the mileage for the Automatic CRV is 6.xx (city). How much does it give on the highway?

How much mileage does the manual give? City and Highway?

I am speaking of the 2.4 Liter variant here (2005 model).

Is the Manual much much much more fun to drive than the manual?
Old 4th November 2008, 21:28   #28
BHPian

sorry guys,
but due to some unforeseen circumstances,the plan has been delayed for another couple of months,
i hope the car would still be available when i plan again to buy(which most probably would be as he is in no hurryto sell it as well)....
but till then thank you all for your valueable suggestions and just like all of you also have suggested will probably go for CRV only.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:44   #29
BANNED

Honda CRV:
1) Its a Softroader- Take it offroading, you'll be gifted a bill by the A.S.C with which you can buy a second hand Alto.
2) Too very well refined- Service levels are set at high standards since the service centres charge that handsome money in servicing, beware of pricey spares.
3) Good accleration-- Petrol and gives easily 5 Kmpl with a/c on in any conditions, which means Rs. 11.6 per km. you drive.
4) Comfort-- lacks a bit on being roomy, suspension at rear is bit firm, rear tyre wear is a major issue on the CRV's

A CRV is no doubt a good choice but you are just buying a big Sedan which is aiming to be an SUV.No thrills only pleasure car the CRV is.

TATA Safari 2.2 Dicor--
1) A true SUV- and offroader that drives and handles like a wonderful Sedan. Throw it around, it'll sill hold good, and keep everyone comfortable inside.Its built like a tank.
2) Not too refined-- well put to-gether SUV, lot of changes with the 2.2 which is great Value for Money. Fit and finish is not as good as the CRV but is practically built to suit any kind of abuse. Its after all a diesel and crdi that too.
3) Service -- Although the standards are low, but is too low on maintenance. One CRV service bill can take care of 2 service on the Safari
4) Acceleration-- the 2.2 packs lot of punch in its 140 Bhp engine, provides great accleration and wonderful braking, and that too at the economy of a Diesel. Average of 11 to 11.5 Kmpl of Diesel, which means "Rs. 4 per km "
5) Comfort--- Voted the best in front and rear seats, the most comfortable cruiser ever, give it any road, it'll take you through comfortably. Even beats The CRV on the comfort front.
6) Road Presence -- Being respected by all others once on road. Making roads is more easier on road. Looks best.

Make your own roads . A Safari 2.2 is truly better value for money. Gives great thrills and also pleasurable to drive around.

At the end the choice is entirely yours.. Waiting to see your buy, Best of Luck.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:50   #30
BHPian

somehow i knew that pavan would suggest the safari only..wonder why though??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks