Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 12:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

@kishoryK
Is the deal still available? one of My friend is looking out for a diesel innova
Old 19th July 2008, 19:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@kishoryK
Is the deal still available? one of My friend is looking out for a diesel innova
Hi sushrutha, Petrol one was sold for 6.45L and I presume, Diesel is still available. Lokendra whose car was up for sale, will only be able to hand over the car by end of July. So I parked it for some time now. Haven't really pinged him later. If your friend is keen, please let me know his contact number and I'll pass it on to Lokendra.

And Friends,
Thanks for all your inputs. While I was dilly-dallying, Petrol was anyway sold (may be good for me? god knows). There is still time for the Diesel I saw. So I am still looking out for a good deal. Will update once again, I'm able to finally make one!

cheers:
Kishor
Old 21st July 2008, 13:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Kishor .. I shall check out with my friend n let you know.
Right now he has left to US.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:49   #19
BHPian

Diesel for low running - is it justified?

I have a question. I hear people say that if the average running of your car isn't more than 75 kms a day, it is not worthwhile to buy a diesel. Does that still stand, with the petrol prices skyrocketing? Is it just a question of pure economics and higher initial investment for a diesel car, or is there a technical issue? If it is technical and has to do with maintenance etc, with the current generation of diesel engines, will the same theory still apply? I am moving from a NHC and wanted to have a look at the Innova. Never owned a diesel vehicle, so these questions keep popping up. My running will not be more than 1500 kms a month, maybe less.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

For most of the people, it is pure economics that drives them towards a diesel.

They buy it if the initial high costs and slightly higher maintenance compared to petrols gets offset by the low running costs and better resale in most cases over a period of less than 5 years.

Edit: If your running is upto 1500 a month and in the city, go for a petrol.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th July 2008 at 20:01.
Old 24th July 2008, 20:25   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
I have a question. I hear people say that if the average running of your car isn't more than 75 kms a day, it is not worthwhile to buy a diesel. Does that still stand, with the petrol prices skyrocketing? Is it just a question of pure economics and higher initial investment for a diesel car, or is there a technical issue? If it is technical and has to do with maintenance etc, with the current generation of diesel engines, will the same theory still apply? I am moving from a NHC and wanted to have a look at the Innova. Never owned a diesel vehicle, so these questions keep popping up. My running will not be more than 1500 kms a month, maybe less.
My take is that even at 1000km a month the diesel is worth it - especially in this case where the second hand prices are comparable. The diesels give better mileage too vis a vis the petrols as well as low end torque.
Old 26th July 2008, 01:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents , Just because it is at 6.5 L and someone may buy it it is not necessarily a good deal. You need to think well what you actually need
Suppose you have a family of 5 and 3/4 guests occasionaly visit you it is
better and cheaper to have a sedan and hire an innova taxi for those few days.
For 6.5 L there are many choices available in sedans. If you love SUV then also Innova is not for you , look at Tata Safari instead.

Any way if you have zeroed on Innova then also for 3 yers old and 32 K on Odo 6.5 is way too high , G1 was 9 L in 2005 and depreciation should be much more even if you go by standard priocedure. Low KM on Odo does not mean vehical is good , Look at the body work carefully specially towards the lower part do you notice any paint diff and denting done ?
Suppose the owner was learning how to drive on this vehical or does rash driving too much of revving and wrong usage of gears he may have ruined the vehical already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hi sushrutha, Petrol one was sold for 6.45L and I presume, Diesel is still available. Lokendra whose car was up for sale, will only be able to hand over the car by end of July. So I parked it for some time now. Haven't really pinged him later. If your friend is keen, please let me know his contact number and I'll pass it on to Lokendra.

And Friends,
Thanks for all your inputs. While I was dilly-dallying, Petrol was anyway sold (may be good for me? god knows). There is still time for the Diesel I saw. So I am still looking out for a good deal. Will update once again, I'm able to finally make one!

cheers:
Kishor
Old 26th August 2008, 14:29   #23
BHPian

Innova

Just to update, I finally bought Innova Petrol 2.0V for 5.5L. This is a 3 year old and ran for only 25K km. There were some scratches and minor dents on front/rear bumpers and one side of the car (which probably helped get a better deal).. All this due to Bangalore city drive, for which this car was mostly used. Of course engine and other things were in very good condition. I spent another 15-20K for getting the body work fixed and another 40K for other accessories.

We did a long drive to Hyderabad over the last ID weekend and really enjoyed the drive. It was silky smooth and very comfortable. While on the onward journey FE was less, on the return journey we were able to achieve 12Kmpl. Of course, I tried to be between 80-90 Kmph with rare revving to 100/110. Also, like someone else said in other threads, the stock audio is actually good, more than what I expected it to be.

-KK
cheers:
Old 26th August 2008, 17:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats KK, thats good deal, I guess it is Gold color 7 seator car but just a guess. Such cars would be steal to buy. Enjoy your ride! 12kmpl is quiet good on highway for this size and comfort.

Can you tell me where you did the body works since my Innova has 3 or 4 scratches and 2 very small dents which I might fix in few months If I am going to keep the car next 2 years.

Make sure you service the car on time so it will last long and you will enjoy the ride. Its absolutely awasome vehicle.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 26th August 2008 at 17:25.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Go for diesel the engine is refiend and has proven toyota engine. Not that petrol is not good. The economics may work out for diesel. Finalize for around 6.5~6.7L.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Go for diesel the engine is refiend and has proven toyota engine... The economics may work out for diesel. Finalize for around 6.5~6.7L.
Mate, I guess you missed what kishoryk updated. He has got himself the petrol version for 5.5L and already did a long drive to Hyd.

Let's wish him a happy ownership experience.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
There were some scratches and minor dents on front/rear bumpers and one side of the car (which probably helped get a better deal).. All this due to Bangalore city drive, for which this car was mostly used. Of course engine and other things were in very good condition. I spent another 15-20K for getting the body work fixed and another 40K for other accessories.
Hi Kishor,

Congratulations on being the proud owner of Toyota Innova.

I have a few scratches to be repaired on my Innova (thanks to the way some people drive in bangalore traffic). Would appreciate if you can let me know the place you got the body work done. Regards, Satish Prabhu
Old 26th August 2008, 23:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
finally bought Innova Petrol 2.0V
Congrats KK

Any Innova is good, let be Petrol of Diesel and yes the stock audio is pretty much ok for regular folks

what accesories did you add up for 40k in a V model

Also, has anyone seen/heard of any Petrol Innova being converted to CNG??

Thanks
Anupam
Old 28th August 2008, 11:44   #29
BHPian

Innova Petrol

Thanks ravibhat, HappyWheels, Satish and Anupam for your wishes.
Ravi, Yes, it's a 7 seater but Light Green one.

# On Why Petrol -
I know, given a choice, considering the suggestions by most and the current market conditions, I'd have gone for Diesel. But why Petrol?:
- First and foremost, it came in my budget (and I was going to convert this into a company leased car and it nicely came in the limit). I did not have to put excess costs from my own pocket.
- Secondly, this cost allowed me to spend left over money on the other accessories (ex: Roof mount LCD screen)
- Lastly, back of my mind, in a very small proportion, I've this feeling that in near future, cost of diesel for private use will be almost same as Petrol. In fact I remember reading a news article that someone was demanding to get rid of current Diesel subsidies for Private cars (should be only for commercial or rather commodity purposes).. it may be possible that auto industry will lobby against this and given our political set-up, it may be challenging to go with that option.
(In fact, I recently lived in UK for about 2 years and observed that Diesel was always expensive than Petrol!, which is the same case in US.)

# Where did I get the body repairs done?
I got this done at Nandi Toyota, Hosur Road. I found the quality of service, courtesy of personnel as very good (well, a little short of Pratham Motors, if I have to compare, really). Yes, these works are expensive. But, I see a next door denting/patching guy, probably I'll go to him, next time.

# Accessories I spent on:
Front Crash Guard (Classique) 6045
Rear Crash Guard (Hiker) 3200
Luggage Carrier (Classique) 5778
Sun Film (3M Premium) 4800
Rear Spoiler (Classique) 3200
Side (Foot) Steps (Classique) 4000
Roof mount LCD w/ DVD Player (Shinco) 22,000
Sun Visor (don't remember the brand but of good quality) 1600

I was also planning to get it converted to 8 seater version. One option is to order the seats from Toyota and get them fixed (you'll have to keep the existing ones as lounge chairs or something), which is very expensive (of the order of 70-80K?). Otherwise, economical and suggested option is to exchange with another Innova owner. If someone with 8 seater (probably gone for G series) and wanted to have Captain seats, could swap his middle bench seat with the captain seats. This will cost about 15K for workmanship. I was told there is already a big queue for this at Toyota dealers. I did not try with any JC Road guys (typical car accessory shops). If any of you are interested for this swop, most welcome :-)

# Next on my wish list:
- K&N Filters and FFE (I've in mind to visit RAC Koramangala once).
- Projector Lights and Angel Eyes (I like flashy lights ). Any help on this front is welcome too..

# CNG for Toyota will be interesting I guess.

Have a good one Friends.

cheers:
Old 28th August 2008, 13:13   #30
Team-BHP Support

contact viper on the angel eyes. he can get them for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks