Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 11:07   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hi Shan2nu,
How are you managing 13-15 kmpl FE? Like you mentioned, I've tried that 80-90 kmph constant cruise sevaral times on long drives (longest being few trips to Hyderabad) but could not get more than 11 kmpl. Did you add any mods to your car? (my little knowledge - I knew only a FFE and a good K&M filter would enhance the FE in a petrol car.. not sure though).
Please let me know.

Thank you.

-KK

BTW, only reason I went for this pre-owend petrol was my budget at that time. For the same budget, I could get a petrol V version compared to a G version Diesel which is still 1.5 to 2 times older and longer driven car. I gave in for the creature comforts of V
hi kishoryk,

i too own a innova Petrol. i am getting highway FE around 13 - 14 km/l easily if you drive at speed b/w 60-90. Try to drive in top gears max. I have installed FFE and K&N Stock filter.
Old 29th April 2009, 14:53   #47
BHPian

Kishoryk and Mr. Bangalore,

What should a 2006 Innova V Petrol full loaded go for? The car has done around 21k.

What is the approximate percentage difference between petrol and diesel resale values?

thanks

Mods: I am posting this question here and it has the right audience and is quite close to the discussion topic.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:17   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Kishoryk and Mr. Bangalore,

What should a 2006 Innova V Petrol full loaded go for? The car has done around 21k.

What is the approximate percentage difference between petrol and diesel resale values?

thanks

Mods: I am posting this question here and it has the right audience and is quite close to the discussion topic.
i think in the price range between 6.75 - 7.25 lakhs is a good deal. but before taking a decision do check the service history of the innova.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:25   #49

You should look at a price between 5.8 to 6.5 L depending on the condition of the vehicle. Do cross check carwale price, they are close to accurate, you can keep them as benchmark. The Petrol Innova cost less than the diesel one and presumption is that it has a very bad resale, but i have seen few petrol innovas sold second hand at a decent price. If you are looking at percentage then i would say around 25%.
Old 30th April 2009, 21:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
I have installed FFE and K&N Stock filter.
Great. Thanks Mr. Bangalore. So, my understanding is right. But I wonder, what is the vbox that shan2nu mentioned. I thought, it's similar to pete's box but for petrol. However, A quick googling points me to vbox produced by racelogic, UK and this is GPS based speed measuring device. Not sure, if it helps in better FE or what.

Quote:
Hi litesaber, I agree with comments from Mr.Bangalore and signature12345. It also depends on the wear and tear of interiors too. Also how the car was actually looked after, apart from the obvious service report and changed parts. In my case I could bargain a little more because of this aspect. Of course, luckily all these were repairable, correctable.
On the resale value part of it, my opinion is - if this is a consideration at all for you, irrespective of it's importance, then you should n't be considering a petrol. Better go for a Diesel. Petrol does not have a resale value as of now. Consider my case only - the previous owner's depreciation on his car was more than 50%!, even if it was <3 years old and < 30Km run. Compare this with a Diesel, I was quoted 2.5 to 3L more for a car with almost in similar condition (and not even a V model). This is the difference in resale value for Petrol vs. Diesel. This might deepen further for another sale (it'll be a 3rd sale for you, right)? So, all in all, if you are also looking at resale value, then go for Diesel only.

HTH & All the best.
Regards,
-KK
Old 1st May 2009, 12:50   #51
BHPian

kishoryk,

Resale value is not my concern as I plan to keep the car for atleast 5 years. I am only thinking of petrol as I want the Innova V and only the petrol one seems to be in my budget :-)

The vehicle I was talking about was sold for 6.25L. I had quoted 5.75 but the seller had a better deal. I am using this as a learning experience. Dont want to get too excited as this was the first one I saw.

Or maybe I should stretch my budget to 8L and go for the diesel ;-) Maybe not!
Old 4th May 2009, 16:05   #52
BHPian

Innova Petrol

Quote:
I am only thinking of petrol as I want the Innova V and only the petrol one seems to be in my budget :-)
Great. My situation was something similar too. And, yes you may need more time. It took me about 6 months, before I could point to an Innova and say "mine"! All the besst :-)
-KK

Most Viewed