Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 03:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I could find atleast one product where defogging element can be pasted to glass , The product is advertised for mirror but should work for windshield glass as well,

the mirror defoggers

IIRC in some thread i read a stick on rear defogger being used by some one 600 Rs.

Now th question is if factory fitted Rear defogger lines are above the glass surface and prone to damage by scratch and during sun film removel process then why not go for a cheap stick on type and in case it gets damaged , After all how bad can stick on defogger can get.

Regards
Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Amit, the defogger lines are "pasted" (if you can use that term) on to the glass, from inside.

I dont think you can get an after-market defogger circuit installed on top of the glass.

It is safe to use sun-film on top of this circuit. It is used widely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
IIRC - and i could be wrong - i think there is a thread somewere, that if you just go to the windsheidl experts and ask them for the ex glass with defogger - they arrange for it.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:24   #47
BHPian

Dear Amit
Sorry for the delay in Posting the reply.

At least here in Chandigarh , the Accesories guy has offered to replace the rear Windshield with a Defogger Fitted OEM shield.

Cost to be 600-700 above exchange or 2200-2300 for fresh windshield
Same can be done through windshield experts , no idea of pricing though

Last edited by rohitgaur : 30th July 2008 at 16:28.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:58   #48
Team-BHP Support

Rohit, even in chd you can do without rear defrogger. Go for it only if you feel the need in winter.
So when are you going in for the purchase?
Buying from PB or CHD?
Old 30th July 2008, 17:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Rohit, even in chd you can do without rear defrogger. Go for it only if you feel the need in winter.
If he's getting it for 600-700 only, why not, I would say go for it.......
Old 30th July 2008, 17:28   #50
Team-BHP Support

He can get it for 600/700 all right, but what about switch connections etc., If it requires wire splicing and all it may interfere with warranty claims.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:42   #51
BANNED

Rohit,

Cool dude, congrats on your decision. Your kid will sure be happy whole his life.

You waited this long for a Safari, just imagine how his world will change once the Safari comes home.

Waiting for your cars pics, and happy motoring.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post

Bull Guards front and rear 3-5 K
Reverse Camera, using the Screen In ICE 5K
Hi!

Bull guards are a safety hazard as they are fitted to the chassis and can hinder the crumple zones of a car. Not recommended to fit. The spare tyre at the rear itself is one helluva bullguard!

Reverse camera using ICE screen. if you are going to use the stock location in the safari, the screen will in all probability not be easily visible when reversing due to the very low position. If the screen is to the 'left' of the HU, then the gearshift will block the view. Use a clip on rear view mirror with a screen instead.
Old 30th July 2008, 19:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
So when are you going in for the purchase?
Buying from PB or CHD?
Tanveer Dada
The Kid loves A/C On, Twice a month I travel across Punjab/haryana on Official tours etc , Rear windscreen is already blocked by the Spare, so need the Defogger to at least clear the glass in any case, I ve always had defogger in all my cars so cannot think of one without it. Buying from jallandhar or Ludhiana (Corporate disc etc options come to 16 K nearly in Jallandhar) Dada Motors was funded a Big Loan when I was at HDFC , I had gotten a sweet deal for them\
additionaly My Company's location manager at jallandhar has got a deal sweetened with free Body Coloured Bumpers and claddings.
Srini
To your advise reg Bull Guard, I do no wish to have a big one Just a "Nudge" bar (If you get what I mean)

Ok kadam Sahab, Suman and all friends waiting for an addition to the family

I m going for a week's trip to HK (Probably will get HU and some accesories from there), By the time I am back, I would have a coupla offers ready for the Palio and My loan also would have been approved . So 7th or 8th August seems like D Day for the SAFARI.........ahhhhm, I m gonna reclaim my life.................

Last edited by rohitgaur : 30th July 2008 at 19:44.
Old 31st July 2008, 11:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
additionaly My Company's location manager at jallandhar has got a deal sweetened with free Body Coloured Bumpers and claddings.
Rohit, I thought that they are now giving body colored bumpers & cladding across the board, all models
Old 31st July 2008, 11:35   #55
Team-BHP Support

LX does not come with body colored claddings. I think most dealers give it for a discount, or even free since it costs just 3-4K for the dealership to do the painting
Old 31st July 2008, 19:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rohit, I thought that they are now giving body colored bumpers & cladding across the board, all models
Suman
the lx lacks in a lot of things then ex, but then 1.4 odd lakhs is a large saving.
tanveer
matching paint costs 8-10 k, but after discount they offer @5k.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

@Tanveer : Inflation is touching the roof and atleast in Bangalore with factory Quality paint 3-4 K is out of question for huge bumpers , side claddings and roof rails for Safari.

@Rohit : Haggale a little I got discount of 12 K , 5 K regular from dealer , 6K corporate discount and 1 K more and footmats and mudflaps.

None of the feature IMHO in Ex is a compelling feature which can not be fitted in Lx seeing the difference of 1.4 Lakhs but I have expressed this openion earlier as well in more details.
including the one which dealer tout as compeling featurs rear defogger and engine immoblizer.

I am itching to return back and try out my new aqusition.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:45   #58
Team-BHP Support

I think a cash discount of 15K should be pretty easy on something like LX of which there is ready stock.
Rohitgaur, find the max discount you are getting from Dada/Garrison etc.,, and I will revert back to you if that can be bettered.

As for 3-4K paint, I am talking about material cost for the Dealership. At wholesale rates the paint cost is not that high. The price they charge is usually after 3X the price.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

HUmm Looks like Bangalore is a different market altogether here the discount offered ( after hagling up to breaking the deal ) was same across the board that is Ex, Vx and Lx and also there seems that dealers are not worried about invantory much as it is moving prestty fast ( my impression after visiting yards of 2 dealers out of 3 in the city)

On road price here is nearly 1 lakh higher then in Delhi due to high VAT , Roadtax etc.

Quote:
I think a cash discount of 15K should be pretty easy on something like LX of which there is ready stock.
Rohitgaur, find the max discount you are getting from Dada/Garrison etc.,, and I will revert back to you if that can be bettered.

As for 3-4K paint, I am talking about material cost for the Dealership. At wholesale rates the paint cost is not that high. The price they charge is usually after 3X the price.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:15   #60
Team-BHP Support

The problem with Bangalore is that many buyers are corporates, with fixed corporate discounts etc., so individual buyers feel the pinch.
And somehow in BLR people don't bargain for anything. When we were on rent, I haggled for reducing 150rs on the monthly rent and both the broker and landlord gave me weird looks.

Here in Noida I haggled for 50rs, and no issues, it was cool.
Ditto for discount. When I got my indica through lease in BLR, I started haggling for discount, and my company people as well as dealer(concorde) were pretty amused. It would have made a difference of 100rs in monthly cut, but still I had to haggle.
And it paid fruit. For the first time in the history of concorde they gave a Stereo system with 4 speakers additional to standard corporate fare

So don't be shy of haggling. Forget you are in a showroom. Think its a sabzi mandi. If you haven't gone to sabzi mandi go there and watch those aunties
The conversation is
Vender : 15rs
Aunty : 10 rs
Vender : I won't budge
Aunty : Put
Vender puts vegetables. Aunties take sabzi and go aways paying 10rs and vendor shouting.

So thats how you haggle. I got big discount on the vehicle, the biggest they have ever given. But still I haggled when we went there. Finally I asked for extra 5 liters diesel if nothing else, and I got that.
So even if you can add 150rs to the discount don't feel shy.

There is a 15K discount possible in every safari, every variant. Take it. The salesman will say no etc., etc., but don't give up. Tell them you are going to take the vehicle with that much discount, and they have to give it to you.
Even after 15K discount the salesman and dealership make a ton of money. The dealer margins are huge, and anyways they make the most money out of A.S.S. so they are okay with discounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks