Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 12:49   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Sorry Spitfire you are correct on this. I was mistaken in thinking the 4WD came with DI Turbo engine as well. Checked with the Mahindra man just now and confirmed that 4x4 Bolero SLX comes only with XD3PU engine.

However, there is nothing wrong with the XD3PU engine except that it is only BS2 compliant. There is no turbo on this. It is an engine with very good low end torque, chugs along indestructibly and will easily pull the vehicle in fully loaded condition up the Sigur ghats to Ooty (which in my book is a good test for such usage purposes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The Bolero 4x4 is offered with the DI Turbo? I thought it comes with the XD3P.
Old 1st August 2008, 14:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Bolero fits in your bill perfectly and after Spitfire and Shankar confirmed that the engine is the XD3P it looks perfect for your needs. Fully loaded and VFM vehicle. Maintainence is not much of a problem as it can be sorted by many mechanics that is incase of any problem.
Old 1st August 2008, 15:32   #18
BHPian

Thanks people... I think I'm quite convinced on the bolero.. will look into the Gurkha as well... what will the on road price of hte Gurkha be??

Regarding the bolero, what model - SWB?? or the regular one.. i definitely dont want the extra large one.... Soft or hard top??

Tires - I would prefer the BFGs... Whats the biggest and meanest looking tires for that? will it solve the purpose??

Powersteering... on bad roads?? good / bad??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks