Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 16:35   #136
BHPian

Re: Buying a used Mahindra Scorpio

Hi Guys,

I am on the look-out for a used Scorpio and after multiple tries, found one with the below details.
Year: 2009 Aug
Vlx mHawk 2.2 CRDe BSIII 2WD
Black Color
61500 kms done
Last service done with Odo at 57,000 odd kms (The 60,000 major service was done)
Insurance valid till May - 2014
Tyres changed 7000 kms ago (8 months ago) - Bridgestone Duelers HT
Full service record available and cross checked with Mahindra
No major work carried out through out the schedule
No claims in the insurance
The engine feels smooth and no noticable issues / niggles
First Owner
Asking price: 8,15,000 (I am aware that this is probably on the higher side, but considering the chances of finding a clean vehicle, I don't mind spending a little extra as long as I get the peace of mind)

What do you guys think? Is this a good deal or is the price very high? I am moving to Scorpio from a Civic. So this will be my first Mahindra as well as my first SUV. Pls help in listing out the specifics that I need to look out for before finalizing the vehicle. I am currently reading the various ownership reports and other threads on our forum to understand the vehicle better but any quick advise from you guys will be very helpful in closing the deal before it gets sold to someone else.
Old 4th July 2013, 09:57   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
What do you guys think? Is this a good deal or is the price very high? I am moving to Scorpio from a Civic. So this will be my first Mahindra as well as my first SUV. Pls help in listing out the specifics that I need to look out for before finalizing the vehicle.
Just saw this post. So what happened? Did you buy the vehicle?
Old 4th July 2013, 10:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am on the look-out for a used Scorpio and after multiple tries, found one with the below details.
Year: 2009 Aug
Vlx mHawk 2.2 CRDe BSIII 2WD
Black Color
61500 kms done
The vehicle sounds good. How are you planning to buy it ? full cash down or loan ?
Old 4th July 2013, 10:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Just saw this post. So what happened? Did you buy the vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
The vehicle sounds good. How are you planning to buy it ? full cash down or loan ?
Well, let's just say that by the timeI could make up my mind about A Scorpio and also this Scorpio in particluar, the vehicle was sold off
Old 4th July 2013, 10:47   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post

Thanks for the quick reply.I'll be looking at Ludhiana and Chandigarh tricity in the next couple of weekends.

I am skeptical of buying from dealers as invariably there's odo tampering..

Will update on any new development.
What do you know! A family friend in the army has offered his 2004 scorpio. impeccably maintained .No financial transaction. We re swapping cars for 3 years. My 2009 wagon R for his 2004 scorpio!
Old 4th July 2013, 11:15   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Well, let's just say that by the timeI could make up my mind about A Scorpio and also this Scorpio in particluar, the vehicle was sold off
Don't worry Evoque, with patience and a sprinkling of good luck, you will find a good Scorpio.
And this time, please do not hesitate to tag me directly in case you need any help in checking it out.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 19:50   #142
BHPian

Friends,

Myself looking for used Scorpios in the market.
Budget is around 5 lakhs. I am going through few diesel cars in used car market, but not satisfied. Need Scorpio.

Checked in few websites and found few scorpios of 2007/2006 around 5.5/6L.
I am fine with 2.6 CRDE. I think MHawk Scorpios of 2008s are quoted around 6/7L.

Plus, I see vehicles have run 70-80000kms minimum. Need some suggestions to check and finalize.

Brief History:
Myself owned Scorpio 2011 Mhawk SLE for 2 yrs. 1 month back sold it due to cash crunch situation. I still want to have used Scorpio and hence in the used car market.

How much can we practically quote (range) for:
2006 CRDE 2.6 SLX
2007 CRDE 2.6 SLX
2008 CRDE 2.6 or MHawk SLX/VLS

Ofcourse, it depends on actual vehicle. But need some idea as prices are varying for Scorpios of different models.
Old 10th July 2013, 20:31   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends, Myself looking for used Scorpios in the market. Budget is around 5 lakhs. I am going through few diesel cars in used car market, but not satisfied. Need Scorpio.
Don't know if you've checked the forum classifieds, but anyway here are some links for your reference:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Scorpio.html/

The asking prices in these ads look on the higher side, but those might come down after bargaining.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 10th July 2013 at 20:32.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio owners and lovers, i need your help. Tried to get a response on used cars thread but couldnt so posting it here.

Own a white, July 2006, Mahindra Scorpio SLX which has now clocked 99000 kms, is in a good condition and sadly its time for it to go and make way for a new car. The car was serviced at mahindra for first 4 years after which our trusted mechanic took care of the car, tyres changed to stock Bridgestones 20k kms back, clutch kit changed 5000 kms back, aftermarket pioneer hu and insurance valid till July, 2014.

Still runs like a dream, has had one accident where it had a side impact and i would tell about it to the prospective owner. The car is otherwise good , carries a good registration number -1234 and is Delhi registered.

How much should i quote and expect to get when i put the car on sale, will do it next month and need to know what price should i expect.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 11th July 2013 at 23:11.
Old 14th July 2013, 08:03   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Scorpio owners and lovers, i need your help. Tried to get a response on used cars thread but couldnt so posting it here.

Own a white, July 2006, Mahindra Scorpio SLX which has now clocked 99000 kms, is in a good condition and sadly its time for it to go and make way for a new car. The car was serviced at mahindra for first 4 years after which our trusted mechanic took care of the car, tyres changed to stock Bridgestones 20k kms back, clutch kit changed 5000 kms back, aftermarket pioneer hu and insurance valid till July, 2014.

Still runs like a dream, has had one accident where it had a side impact and i would tell about it to the prospective owner. The car is otherwise good , carries a good registration number -1234 and is Delhi registered.

How much should i quote and expect to get when i put the car on sale, will do it next month and need to know what price should i expect.
Between 5-6 L should be a reasonable price.
princey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:53   #146
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I am contemplating a scorpio and went throught this thread and have decided on going for a 2006/2007 model CRDE new body with coil springs . My budget is around 5-5.5L. I went through various sites but got confused on the variants. The Mahindra site shows these variants EX LX SLE VLX VLX-auto but I think there was a SLX model around 06-07 .

1> Can anybody please give a list of the different variants and the features in it ? It will be really helpful not only to me but for others too who refer this thread.
2> Does SLX come with OEM alloys ?
3> Will a used scorpio having around 60k-75k done on the odo be a good buy ? Finding a scorpio with lesser figures than this is almost impossible .
Any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited by prguru : 23rd July 2013 at 11:58.
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:57   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
1> Can anybody please give a list of the different variants and the features in it ?
The Scorpios then came in 3 variants.
LX- The basic model with ac, power steering, central locking and power windows.
DX- All the features of the LX plus black cladding, a rear spoiler, wheel covers and better interiors.
SLX- The Top end with VAS (Voice Assist), arm rests, a single DIN audio unit, body coloured cladding, remote locking, and a different range of colors.

For examples, Shankar Balan's Scorpio was an LX, Anup Mathur's a Dx and my Hariya is an SLX.
Quote:
2> Does SLX come with OEM alloys ?
Buyers could buy it with alloys or with steel wheels. The alloys came at an extra cost of around 40k INR.
Quote:
3> Will a used scorpio having around 60k-75k done on the odo be a good buy ?
Yes, if it is a single owner, well maintained vehicle with a clear service and insurance history.

Let me know if you need any help in inspecting it for you.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 11:32   #148
BHPian

I will begin my search for SLX then probably with allows so that I won't have to invest in alloys again . I have just begun my search so it will probably take some time but will definitely keep you posted and thank you for offering to help me . I do not know much about scorpios and need all the help I can get. Will send you a PM about my contact number etc.
I saw a scorpio turbo today new body , is that the later version say 2008 and above ?

Last edited by prguru : 25th July 2013 at 11:35.
Old 25th July 2013, 12:14   #149
BANNED

Quote:
I saw a scorpio turbo today new body , is that the later version say 2008 and above ?
The Scorpio Turbo or the 2.6 GLX does not come in the new shape.
Old 25th July 2013, 21:41   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Scorpio Turbo or the 2.6 GLX does not come in the new shape.
My bad may be it was the older one then. Ideally what is the life of the turbo charger ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks