Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:45   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
I agree, the Scorp is a better choice if only for the engine. The other benefits are of course there, but this point itself settles the deal.
Unless one is looking for 4X4 bolero.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Don't know whether right place to post. If not, then moderators please help me out.

I wanted to buy a UV for less than 8 lakhs and only option that I encountered was Bolero Vlx CRDe. When checking out the same I was offered a 2.6 ltr Lx model of Scorpio. It is not the one that is before the face lift that happened recently and he is offering Rs. 50K off on its OTR price in Bangalore (Price is 8.9, he is offering for 8.4). Price variation is about 65K with Bolero Vlx.

My wife likes scorpio better because she found it easier (read lighter) to drive than Bolero. As for me I am in two minds. Please enlighten me.
Well its a personal choice with pros and cons for both. I bought the Bolero VLX and very happy with the purchase ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vlx-india.html ). The Bolero VLX cost me with discounts about 7.3 in Hyderabad. We have 9% as Registration Cost.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:16   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Dont think about it, go for the Scorpio.

I think the dealer is trying to play a fast one with old stock.
Avoid the 2.6 CRDE & go for the mHawk, you get a much better built vehicle with an excellent road presence & an amazing engine.
I think he is referring to the m2DI model which cant be registered in Bangalore but the dealer will get it registered in tumkur or any other outside bangalore RTO. I do think thats a good value for money proposition if you are on a limited budget.

I would prefer the Mhawk base model. Most of the features in costlier mhawk top end model you can live without. Reverse sensor, we can fit outside for cheaper.

Best regards
Bala
Old 25th October 2009, 19:01   #199
BHPian

Hi
Recently my grandfather drove my scorpio mhawk base model from maddur to mandya on myssore road as he wanted to test the vehicle before buying one. He is kind of old fashioned and when he has to overtake from the left, he goes full left as much possible to the extent of left tires on the mud shoulder and brakes even if the slow moving bus / lorry guy shows a hint of coming to the left. The uneven braking (ie left tire on gravel shoulder of road and right tire on tarmac) resulted in the ABS kicking in unevenly I think. By the time, he gave back the vehicle to me at Mandya, the ABS and the parking brake lights were glowing even when we were driving properly on highway and would go off if I switch off the vehicle and on again. But the lights would come on after some time again. But on a normal drive back from Mudumalai to Bangalore, there wasnt the error.
So I tried to test it again when I drove from Bangalore to Mudumalai, I tried to emulate his driving, and the lights came on again. Can somebody explain what error message it means if both the ABS and hand brake lights come on at the same time?
Best regards
Balan
Old 25th October 2009, 19:10   #200
Team-BHP Support

When I google for
brake light and abs light getting on
without quotes. It gives a lot of results.
Most of them point to a sensor failure or a low brake oil level.

Suggest you check the brake oil level and also have the service center check out the sensors.

This was a good read:
My brake warning light is on. What does it mean? — Yahoo! Autos
Quote:
CAUTION: If the brake warning light also comes on and remains on while the ABS warning light it on, it signals a serious problem. Your vehicle may not be safe to drive. The brakes and ABS system should be inspected immediately to determine the nature of the problem!
Old 26th October 2009, 14:46   #201
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I second this Bala
funny we share the same surname - and drive the same vehicle too.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I think he is referring to the m2DI model which cant be registered in Bangalore but the dealer will get it registered in tumkur or any other outside bangalore RTO. I do think thats a good value for money proposition if you are on a limited budget.

I would prefer the Mhawk base model. Most of the features in costlier mhawk top end model you can live without. Reverse sensor, we can fit outside for cheaper.

Best regards
Bala
Old 26th October 2009, 16:45   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
the ABS and the parking brake lights were glowing even when we were driving properly on highway and would go off if I switch off the vehicle and on again. But the lights would come on after some time again. But on a normal drive back from Mudumalai to Bangalore, there wasnt the error.
So I tried to test it again when I drove from Bangalore to Mudumalai, I tried to emulate his driving, and the lights came on again. Can somebody explain what error message it means if both the ABS and hand brake lights come on at the same time?
my VLX suffers from the same problem. the A.S.S has been unable to solve it even after checking it twice. but in my case, now the ABS light comes on very rarely & goes off as soon as you switch off-switch on the engine
Old 27th October 2009, 17:55   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I second this Bala
funny we share the same surname - and drive the same vehicle too.
cheers
We also share another common interest: wildlife
Old 27th October 2009, 18:40   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
my VLX suffers from the same problem. the A.S.S has been unable to solve it even after checking it twice. but in my case, now the ABS light comes on very rarely & goes off as soon as you switch off-switch on the engine
What I feared has happened
The *** is clueless
SM Workshop on mahadevpura have fiddled from morning to evening, only to report that the lights havent come on again and hence they are unable to analyse the error. I did clearly explain to them that this happens only when there is a differential braking especially when one wheel is on a rough or sandy surface and other wheel is on smooth tarmac. They did discuss for 15 mins in the morning when I had gone to give my vehicle for service / checkup. Seems 3 other vehicles have this problem especially when they are on rough roads with the sensors mal functioning or loosening up. And all the other three vehicles seem to have the problem still.
SM service handler called up now to tell that they have checked for loose ends / sensors / wiring and all seems to be correct. The only option is to wait and watch. Dont hey have advanced computers to record the errors what the sensors detect?
What did the mahindra guys expect? the scorpio would be handled softly?
Best regards
Bala
Old 28th December 2009, 16:40   #205
BHPian

Quote:
What I feared has happened
The *** is clueless
SM Workshop on mahadevpura have fiddled from morning to evening, only to report that the lights havent come on again and hence they are unable to analyse the error. I did clearly explain to them that this happens only when there is a differential braking especially when one wheel is on a rough or sandy surface and other wheel is on smooth tarmac. They did discuss for 15 mins in the morning when I had gone to give my vehicle for service / checkup. Seems 3 other vehicles have this problem especially when they are on rough roads with the sensors mal functioning or loosening up. And all the other three vehicles seem to have the problem still.
SM service handler called up now to tell that they have checked for loose ends / sensors / wiring and all seems to be correct. The only option is to wait and watch. Dont hey have advanced computers to record the errors what the sensors detect?
What did the mahindra guys expect? the scorpio would be handled softly?
Best regards
Bala
My rear red brake lights started glowing even after lifting the foot from pedal. Meant a faulty brake switch. I spoke to my friend who had recently joined Shireesh Auto and he pointed me to a particular mechanic at Marathahalli service center. It did help he was also from near my home town in Tamilnadu and he took extra care to check out the vehicle for the ABS light prroblem. Finally confirmed that it is due to faulty break switch, changed the switch. Unfortunately I didnt have time for a full service even though I had to go on a long year end trip. Only extra advise he offered was till the time I finish the trip, ensure the break pads are checked always or change it when I get time.

Now in Kodaikanal, on a particular heavy uphill slope, the brake warning light comes on and the scorpio voice asks me to check the brake fluid level. But the brake fluid level is infact more than the max mark.
My cousin who has bit of expereince meddling with various vehicles (he was a second hand car dealer once) recomended to change the pads as the brake lever has lots of down play.

Have to get it changed once I am back in Madurai.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:55   #206
BHPian

I recently did a trip from Bangalore to Kodai via Dindugal.
From Chnnar toll gate / BP petrol pump to Dindugal 300 km, I did in 3 hours. Milage was a very pathetic 8 km. I have never expereinced such low mileage ever before. But for most part of the trip, the RPM was around 3 to 3.5K
Is such low mileage ok? Can someone advise?
Old 29th December 2009, 10:42   #207
BANNED

Quote:
But for most part of the trip, the RPM was around 3 to 3.5K Is such low mileage ok?
You are running very high rpms for a diesel engine, I guess your gear changing speeds are waay too high. Try to keep the engine in the 2000-2500rpm range and you will see a significant improvement in the FE.
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:25   #208
BHPian

8K Kms odd on a new Scorpio M Hawk bought in Nov 2009 .

Its a beauty on roards , Go for it . .

The Dry Tank Problem - Day one my Friend bought his Scorpio M Hawk in Bangalore .

My friend bought a SLE Black color M Hawk around 8-9 months back and he faced the dry tank problem day one .

He took delivery in SKS Bangalore who had told my friend that the vehicle had 10 Lts of diesel . My friend directly took it home and then to the famous Dodda Ganesha Temple . The Dodda Ganesha Temple is in Bull temple road in South Bangalore and is a must visit temple for all new vehicle buyers . When we do the pooja , the vehicle is parked in a inclined condition . Thats where my friend had the problem . With M Hawk having a 60 Lts of tank , the 10 Lts look to have moved other way . The brand new vehicle did not start and had the same issue .

Later when they contacted Scorpio , they found that this was due to Air lock . Diesel was brought in a tank and having filled the vehicle , the air pump was used before they could start the vehicle ..

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd April 2010 at 19:45.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:52   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Today morning there was a huge traffic jam entry point to Lajpat nagar flyover going from Ashram side. The reason was a Scorpio Crde stuck in the middle . The rear LHS wheel was struck in the wheel well diagonally across.The owner seemed to be an old person waiting for the help. What could be the probable reason?

Couldn't take pictures as the reaction time was very less due to huge traffic.
Might be the ball joint, had mine go kaput(ole Bolero) and so it seems like how my tire was. Pardon my ignorance of Scorps, I am going to buy one in June. Yes with ABS, even if it means living on bread and water for years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks