Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 18:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OT:

Heh-heh Raj, that was really funny! (Looks for something to tickle himself with)

Raj, just FYI, Anshuman & GD are my neighbours & I believe they can speak for themselves....so I suggest you chill & let them reply & not interrupt, what say?
ya maybe, but that was really funny because on tbhp we discuss cars!

anyways moving on, is posting on a public forum called interruption? agreed that anshuman and GD are your neighbours, but does that mean i cant stand by them because they are not my neighbours? have you not supported or agreed to any of your tbhp mates?
so i am totally chillax dude...
Old 20th August 2008, 20:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

My post on crossing waterlogged roads had nothing to do with reliablity of the vehicle,i was agreeing to GD sir's post.
Old 20th August 2008, 20:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
While I'm writing this, just to let you know all that my vehicle's alternator has stopped charging. Will check out tomorrow.
GD, what news? Is it a fuse or something major?
Hoping that you'll have had it checked out by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
My post on crossing waterlogged roads had nothing to do with reliablity of the vehicle,i was agreeing to GD sir's post.
We understand that Anshuman, but many interpreted it to be a statement on reliability!!

Last edited by anupmathur : 20th August 2008 at 20:37.
Old 20th August 2008, 20:37   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I have always wondered about the engine overhaul part. In my earlier Mahindra Commander (1994), I seized the engine (low oil, coolant leak) at 75,000 kms. In my Matiz (1999), I had to overhaul the engine at 1,55,000 kms. But the Scorpio - I don't see any perceptible change in performance - power delivery is great, mileage has actually improved. Checked up with ASC - they also said engine's OK. I have done some routine decarbonising, once every 30-40,000 kms. I have changed the cylinde head gasket once because of an oil leak, but not touched the engine (touch wood!). The change in tyres has done wonders for the car - the standard Bridgestone tubed HT tyres let down the Scorpio badly. Now I am able to race down steep ghats, ride Bombay's rain-slippery roads with a grea deal of confidence. Experiment around also with tyres and tyre pressure till you get handling right.
Thanks hvkumar for the valuable first hand information.
Old 20th August 2008, 21:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

All mentioned here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-aug-08-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
GD, what news? Is it a fuse or something major?
Hoping that you'll have had it checked out by now.
Old 20th August 2008, 21:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
All mentioned here -
LOL, what else do you expect when you made the first blunder of buying this one instead of the other one!!?
Am I sorry for you!

LOL, LOL, this will make a lot of people very happy. Can you forgive me for this post!?
Old 21st August 2008, 09:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Anup, while I immensely enjoy your posts & barbs, I didn't get the drift of this one. Can you explain in detail? And you are forgiven...

Quote:
LOL, what else do you expect when you made the first blunder of buying this one instead of the other one!!?
Am I sorry for you!

LOL, LOL, this will make a lot of people very happy. Can you forgive me for this post!?
Old 21st August 2008, 10:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Oh, GD, nothing much; just a little bit of Scorpio bashing!
Actually, no matter how little a car troubles you, it does cause that wee bit of anguish when it happens, doesn't it?

As for your battery having endured very well, I have a small question: What is it that would be consuming battery power in a non-CRDe diesel vehicle once the engine is started?
Would it be safe to assume that the battery can possibly pull along for days, provided there is not much application of the self starter, and of course lights?
Old 21st August 2008, 10:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
ya maybe, but that was really funny because on tbhp we discuss cars!
There are people who call their SUV's "bull" and "elephant" and what not lovingly... but that doesnt mean we are discussing species... and I aint joking.

Besides I would clear that waterlogged road on my bike but that doesnt mean I can and would scoff at the benz's and the laura's and say it was a proud moment for my bike.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:02   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There are people who call their SUV's "bull" and "elephant" and what not lovingly... but that doesnt mean we are discussing species... and I aint joking.

Besides I would clear that waterlogged road on my bike but that doesnt mean I can and would scoff at the benz's and the laura's and say it was a proud moment for my bike.
I bet no bike can cross that place that day.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I should've caught on to that.. Et Tu Brutus!! I agree that howsoever small the trouble is, it does cause anguish.

Now coming to the battery in a non-CRDe Scorpio, assuming all parameters are correct and working, battery power required is very minimal. But it is required for working that small ball in the fuel pump that send the fuel to the injectors.

Now some people may have a notion that once a diesel is started and if you remove the battery it continues to function. It is true only as long as the alternator/dynamo is generating the current. if the alternator has failed, then the battery will be depleted over a course of time.

Quote:
Oh, GD, nothing much; just a little bit of Scorpio bashing!
Actually, no matter how little a car troubles you, it does cause that wee bit of anguish when it happens, doesn't it?

As for your battery having endured very well, I have a small question: What is it that would be consuming battery power in a non-CRDe diesel vehicle once the engine is started?
Would it be safe to assume that the battery can possibly pull along for days, provided there is not much application of the self starter, and of course lights?
Old 21st August 2008, 23:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

but how are we supposed to know which animal means which SUV?
by far, i have heard 4 names of animals for safari alone! i have not heard any such names for any other SUVs too.

as i said, we feel proud because we love our vehicle as you do. i agree there is nothing extraordinary in it! but still we enjoy it!
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hai,

Let me add my little bit..

I have a CRDE 2007, August model and have done 25 K till date. Have done some long distance and a fair bit of rough terrain too, mud, hills, plains and what have you. No problems till day and its fun to drive in the city too, the road presence is awesome, you get right of way if you barrel away.

The clutch noise is irritating, going to the workshop tomorrw to set that right and also do the 25 K service.

VFM ? I'd vote for the non-m-hwak one.

Reliability? About 3000 of them sold every month and most taxi drivers swear by this. Well, TD it and make your choice.

--Ramky
-----------
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

OT but a fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I bet no bike can cross that place that day.
Boss, you're quite mistaken. been there done all of that You see many lesser stranded bikers (more scooterists, and more with straight exhaust than pulsars/CBZ/jheema)

For once, I found utility in the pulsar's upswept exhaust. else I used to lust for the bullet's panniers/bigger saddlebags!

And in both places I find useless - the left turn just ahead of Gold Souk - just before the hump in the road before the paras hospital, and even straight ahead, the overflowing sewer mess just ahead of Tau Devi Lal park.

Makes me wonder ki what will I do when I get my car - maybe I'll just go on the other drier side
Old 31st August 2008, 19:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I do a lot of preventive maintenance, so my maintenace costs may be perceived to be high - almost Rs 1.50 per km.
I have changed tyres twice - first at 75,000 kms, second at 145,000 kms.
Are you including cost of tyres and batteries to this or just normal maintenance? It seems quite a high cost otherwise?

And I must say 75000 Km is really good for tyres to last. Is this true for all Scorpios?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks