Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:25   #16
BHPian

I have decided to go with Scorpio VLX 4x2 the discount offered to me is 25K, I may get the delivery in 3 days, thanks for all the information.

The on road cost VLX comes to 10.9Lacs here in Nagpur after the discount.

-Pramod
PS: Will update once I get the delivery, I was expecting it tomorrow, but tomorrow being a holiday all formality might not be possible, so expecting to get the vehicle by Friday earliest.
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I have decided to go with Scorpio VLX 4x2 the discount offered to me is 25K, I may get the delivery in 3 days, thanks for all the information.

The on road cost VLX comes to 10.9Lacs here in Nagpur after the discount.

-Pramod
PS: Will update once I get the delivery, I was expecting it tomorrow, but tomorrow being a holiday all formality might not be possible, so expecting to get the vehicle by Friday earliest.
Congrats Pramod! My next car is also going to be an mHAWK.
If you don't need gizmos like tyretronics, cruise-control, etc. then vls will anytime be a better VFM. Just sharing my thoughts.
Post the pictures, once you get the desirable mHAWK. Congrats once again!

Cheers!!!
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:52   #18
BHPian

Mahindra doesnt have a 4WD version in the mHawk series. but they sure do have it in the CRDe in SLE series. The SLE 4WD Ex showroom price is 9.6L.(Cochin)

Considering your requirements - the VLS will be best suited.

Regarding the transfer to Kerala - The scorpios will travel from Pune to Palakkad in a truck & they will drive it down to cochin which is around 150 kms.
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:41   #19
BHPian

I am getting my VLX in few hours, right now sitting in the service center looking at the PDI process. I am getting Black capton seat one. VLS not available here and more so I like gizmos on VLS. Will update with my initial report once am back home.
-Pramod
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:37   #20
BHPian

Congratulations & welcome to the ROCKing world of scorpio. Start posting the pics in the other thread.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting my VLX in few hours, right now sitting in the service center looking at the PDI process. I am getting Black capton seat one. VLS not available here and more so I like gizmos on VLS. Will update with my initial report once am back home.
-Pramod
Hello Pramod! We are desperately waiting to see the pictures of your vlx. Also share your experience with M&M sales and car.

Cheers!!!
Old 4th September 2008, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Posted my Scorpio picture in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post964310 this thread.
My experience with with M&M sales team was great, I changed my choice yesterday 2 times still got the vehicle delivery, yesterday being a festive day, they still worked on my vehicle and delivered it by 6.30 PM, the official closing time for yesterday was 3.30PM!!.
I choose the 6+1 seating arrangement with last 2 seat facing each other and vehicle color to be white, the vehicle was getting PDI done, but meanwhile I liked the captain seat arrangement with vehicle color black and pressed to change the vehicle and they agreed. That was a great experience !!
I thanked each one there when I got the delivery as we were just 4 people there in the showroom , 2 mechanic, 1 sales and myself every one else was gone .

-Pramod
PS: I once again meanwhile changed by mind for Java brown color, but the sales guy told me that the color is not available now but can be made available in 3 days, but I decided to still with black beauty.
Old 5th September 2008, 11:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Posted my Scorpio picture in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post964310 this thread.
My experience with with M&M sales team was great, I changed my choice yesterday 2 times still got the vehicle delivery, yesterday being a festive day, they still worked on my vehicle and delivered it by 6.30 PM, the official closing time for yesterday was 3.30PM!!.
I choose the 6+1 seating arrangement with last 2 seat facing each other and vehicle color to be white, the vehicle was getting PDI done, but meanwhile I liked the captain seat arrangement with vehicle color black and pressed to change the vehicle and they agreed. That was a great experience !!
I thanked each one there when I got the delivery as we were just 4 people there in the showroom , 2 mechanic, 1 sales and myself every one else was gone .

-Pramod
PS: I once again meanwhile changed by mind for Java brown color, but the sales guy told me that the color is not available now but can be made available in 3 days, but I decided to still with black beauty.

Hats off to M&M for giving you such a nice experience!
IMO this vehicle looks best in glossy black color as yours. cheers:
You opted for caotain seat that means you have got 2 - 2 - 3 kind of seating. Right? Does the III row have adequate leg-room for average height adults?

Cheers!!!
Old 5th September 2008, 17:42   #24
BHPian

Yes its 2-2-3 seating arrangement, I liked this one because it allow the AC to cool at one person in the last row ;-) , plus ingress to last row is also good in this arrangement. Third row seat leg-room depends mostly on the second row, if you push the second row seat quit back then there is hardly any leg row for adults in third row, so its a nice to have seat mostly for children, but can seat adult with some adjustment.

-Pramod
Old 9th September 2008, 11:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Called up the Mahindra helpline a few days back to check on 2.2 mHawk 4x4 launch. Person I spoke to said that no launch date fixed yet. But mentioned that M&M are working on same concurrently with the AT version.

Meanwhile, it seems that there are limited numbers of SLX 4x4 available (to order?) On road in Bangalore is 11.4 lakhs.

If they can package the 2.2 4x4 with a reasonable price, that would be a superb combination!
Old 9th September 2008, 11:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Put a Petes tuning box in the SLX 4x4 and you'll have the Mhawk eating dust and for that matter most of the others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Meanwhile, it seems that there are limited numbers of SLX 4x4 available (to order?) On road in Bangalore is 11.4 lakhs.

If they can package the 2.2 4x4 with a reasonable price, that would be a superb combination!
Old 9th September 2008, 12:08   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree gd1418. Looking at Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited, the box bumps up the 2.6CRDE's power from 115 to 135bhp and the torque from 255 to 305NM.

Do you know anyone who HAS Pete'd their Scorpio? Any effects on the gearbox/transmission?
Old 9th September 2008, 12:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Check with Pete directly and I think I've read somewhere here who has done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I agree gd1418. Looking at Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited, the box bumps up the 2.6CRDE's power from 115 to 135bhp and the torque from 255 to 305NM.

Do you know anyone who HAS Pete'd their Scorpio? Any effects on the gearbox/transmission?
Old 9th September 2008, 14:01   #29
BHPian

I don't regret not getting 4x4, but would have surely loved to had that, the dealer was no where near to even assure me that I would be able to get 4x4 if I order, they just wanted to sale 4x2, while quoting feature and capability of 4x2 of doing most of the terrain, they have not done a single sale of 4x4, anyway I now have 4x2 mHawk VLX and am very happy with overall performance have done 600+ kms , have taken the vehicle to jungle last weekend and was able to do it comfortably[the jungle road was good enough, not real offroad but enough to deter normal cars].

Problem faced: Auto wiper was not working on first day, got it fixed and changed the wiper blade as it was leaving lots of mark on windshield.

KMS Done : 600+ the current odometer reading is 136X kms, I got the delivery with odo 755km, I checked almost 10 vehicle in the stockyard, bolero, Scorpio all with 750+ kms, as these vehicles are driven from Nashik Plant to showroom.

Seating arrangement: We were 5 adult plus 2 children, captain seat does make a difference, as the last seat doesn't have good legroom, but with captain seat the Adult in the last seat get lot of leg room in between and children are quite comfortable with last seat, AC is quite good for driver and co-passenger, but the last row do suffer I believe the roof mounted AC would be a idle fit in this vehicle and would want owners feedback on getting this done, I am yet to inquire about this but does see this as a mahindra accessory on Scorpio web site.

-Pramod
Old 9th September 2008, 23:42   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting Black capton seat one. Pramod
Hi Pramod, I saw your superb looking Black VLX from the Scorpio pictures thread. Looks like you opted for the black interior too.

I am keen to see the 2+2+3 seating arrangement as well as the leg space for the 2nd and 3rd rows. Can you post some interior pictures too?

Thanks

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th September 2008 at 23:44. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks