Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 17:28   #1
BHPian

Buying Innova, need immediate help!

Guys! I plan to book my self an Innova for my dad, by tomorrow only as then I can claim depreciation for the whole year & the dealer said that I will be billed for September only, even if I get the vehicle delivered at a later date.

Now, the problem, is this:
I am currently getting a cash discount of about 28K off the G4 diesel model (8 seater). The dealer has said that the prices will be revised from the 1'st of october by 1-1.5%. Plus the discount may be decreased.

Now I know this fact that Toyota has launched a face lifted model of the Innova abroad & sooner or later , it is bound to come here too!

Should I go ahead with what I'm getting right now or do I wait for the face lifted model?

Will the resale value of my Innova go down too much, when the face lifted model comes?
I do intend to keep the vehicle for atleast 3+ years .

I need an opinion from you guys as I need to close this deal ASAP!
Old 29th September 2008, 17:31   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! I plan to book my self an Innova for my dad, by tomorrow only as then I can claim depreciation for the whole year & the dealer said that I will be billed for September only, even if I get the vehicle delivered at a later date.

Now, the problem, is this:
I am currently getting a cash discount of about 28K off the G4 diesel model (8 seater). The dealer has said that the prices will be revised from the 1'st of october by 1-1.5%. Plus the discount may be decreased.

Now I know this fact that Toyota has launched a face lifted model of the Innova abroad & sooner or later , it is bound to come here too!

Should I go ahead with what I'm getting right now or do I wait for the face lifted model?

Will the resale value of my Innova go down too much, when the face lifted model comes?
I do intend to keep the vehicle for atleast 3+ years .

I need an opinion from you guys as I need to close this deal ASAP!
Try to dog out some features in new innova but AFAIK there is not much difference. It you are getting a good deal go ahead with it.Innova have a good resale value
Old 29th September 2008, 17:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

As new model is being lined up, if possible, ask for more discounts for this. If this does not happen, wait for new Innova which is due in next qtr. Regarding thre resale, Innova has always had good resale value.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I feel new Innova would come with clear headlamps and different tail lamps as well. In top end version automatic climate control and few other luxury features expected and new bumper is possibility with some reflection lights or something like that at rear.

Prices might be increased by 2% soon but remember facelifted Innova on cards hence you can get at least 50k discount on present Innova. So bargain with different dealers also.

I suggest don't be in a hurry although you would bill it for september itself!

About resale value I am surprised to see good resale value offered to my Petrol Innova! Diesel Innova excellant resale value like 10lacs. for 16,000km 2006 top end model. So it won't matter much If you buy present one or facelifted.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th September 2008 at 17:43.
Old 29th September 2008, 17:50   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ravi, how much are you being offered for the petrol one ?
Old 29th September 2008, 17:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Most car makers are seeing a slump in sales.
Are you sure you will not get MORE discounts during the coming festival season?
Old 29th September 2008, 17:51   #7
BHPian

Hi,
I guess this month discount is Insurance free (30K)+ Dealer Discount (20K) + Corporate Discount (7K). How come you are getting 24k only. Moreover as year end is getting closer discounts will increase, there is no point they will going to decrease it. AS sales figures are down for each and every Brand and make for existing models.
If you can wait for new facelift it will be good otherwise you can negotiate for older model if you didn't liked the new one for more. As they did 1 Lakh discount for older corolla.
Resale for Innova is always good, but yup resale value is dependent of variuos covered factors.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

are you going for the top end model? if you are then it makes sense waiting for the few extra features they will offer in the facelift.

if not i dont think it will make much of a difference if you wait for the facelift.

either way the facelift wont affect your resale value much.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th September 2008 at 20:28.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:44   #9
LLL
BHPian

Few things that i realised with Innova:

1. Discount given by innova dealers is controlled by Toyota. You will get same discount from every dealer.
2. Price of face-lifted toyota might be higher. There was an increase in price of face-lifted corolla which was just launched.
3. Dealers tend to offer better discounts during shradh period and decrease that during navratras, when ppl prefer to buy new cars. So expect the discount to decrease in oct.

Hence, i willl suggest that u find out the feature difference between current and new innova launched abroad. If the new features are worth the wait, then do wait, else go for current one and enjoy the depreciation benefits & higher discount.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:24   #10
BHPian

@sam003, I told the discount I was getting on cash down payment. Yes, I am getting the insurance from Toyota free of cost, but I don't want insurance from them. & Since there is no finance involved (read: Loans) so no dealer discounts & no corporate discounts for me as mine is a small self run company.

However, I was planning to buy the vehicle in Ludhiana as its going to be used extensively there only. But since there is only one dealer here, hence negotiations can be tough. The discount has been upped to 30K .
But as of now , I've put the car buying plan on hold.

Till two days later (No full year depreciation) as I am going out of town for 2 days.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:08   #11
BHPian

Thinking of an SUV: Part2: Innova

Since the moderators keep shifting my posts... better to keep it here where Innova is being discussed already.
OK, a little background... thinking of upgrading to new SUV/MUV.
Choices are Innova, Scorpio & possibly Safari too.
I'm getting Innova G1 at around 9.5L, and G4 at 10.4L. Difference is that G4 has dual AC, rear defogger, arm rest, captain seats etc.
They seem to be good deals, but I heard that a face-lifted Innova is due in Dec. Does anyone know more about this (since it's Dec already)? In case they launch a new version in Jan/Feb, I would feel quite cheated! I asked the salesman, and he replied that the new version has just minor changes in the interior and exterior, and will cost 1 L more. Obviously trying to make the sale...
Old 13th December 2008, 22:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

I feel face lifted Innova won't cost 1 lac more but it might cost more than current model. I suggest G4 is worth buy for 10.4 lacs considerring stock clearance sale going for Innova.

Ex showroom price of G4 7 seator is 9.3 lacs right ? If so on road price would be 11lacs. So keeping 60000/- discount in mind its worth for 10.4 lacs but bargain again for 10.2 lacs.

Face lifted Innova has new bumpers and few cosmetic changes. I feel more changes can be expected in their top end version. If you are looking for G1 or G4 you can go head with present offers else wait and watch.

In Jan 2009 you might loose discounts if face lifted gets launched. But If still old Innovas not sold yet then expect more discount Do your calculations and take a decision.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th December 2008, 01:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Since the moderators keep shifting my posts... better
to keep it here where Innova is being discussed already.
//snip//
Does anyone know more about this (since it's Dec already)? In case they launch a new version in Jan/Feb, I would feel quite cheated! I asked the salesman, and he replied that the new version has just minor changes in the interior and exterior, and will cost 1 L more. Obviously trying to make the sale...

Check this thread out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-december.html
Old 17th December 2008, 12:30   #14
BHPian

Maxicab insurance?

Thanks hondadude & Ravi. BTW, as I was going thru the price list of the Innova, I found something called "Maxicab Insurance" for about 24K. This was apart from the comprehensive insurance (around 23K). Does anyone know more about this? Do I need to pay both comprehensive + maxicab insurance premiums every year? If so, then this would really increase the running costs of the Innova!!
Old 20th December 2008, 17:39   #15
BHPian

Innova: essential accessories

I've more of less decided on buying an Innova G1 in the next few days. Would appreciate if someone would point out what are the accessories that are essential.
ICE: I'm thinking of re-using my existing HU with the stock speakers. I know the stock speakers are not too great, but they'll have to do for now. Would a single DIN HU fit in Innova? Or do I need to buy a new double DIN?

Crash bars: Rear crash guard, and front bull bar. Do these interfere with the safety dynamics of the car?

Parking sensor/camera: Really needed? I mean, is it that bad. Wont good judgment be a cheaper & better option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks