Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 07:39   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if your budget is partially a constraint, then it will be difficult for you to manage the cost of Bolero Crde at the current pricing structure.
Dont waste your time on Special Editions - the "special" stuff is largely cosmetic - no real difference where it counts.
your best option would be a Bolero SLX with DI engine - 2wheel drive. Solid, unassuming vehicle that is reasonably comfy and definitely affordable. Good value and extremely tough.
Also please check cost of Scorpio M2DI on road Pondy - you just may be able to stretch and buy that! You should be able to get M2DI in Pondy/ Cuddalore/ Salem/ Coimbatore area because it is meant for the secondary (non metro city) markets.
And my honest suggestion ref alloys is that you buy the B1560 Aura 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels in "hyper silver finish"- they are superb - I have used them with great enjoyment on my old Bolero Sportz so I speak from personal experience. Plus, Aura comes with a One Year company backed warrantly and being from the Hindalco Company (AV Birla group), are highly trustworthy when compared with others. these particular alloys also look excellent on the Bolero - you can see pictures of my old green bolero on this website to get an idea. check my old thread - "my dear old bolero -lovely jeep."
All the best
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Thanks Shankar. The Special Editions are all sold out and are no more available. Now I have to go in for SLX or as suggested Scorp LX. Again there is a problem, my budget is 6.5L

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th January 2009 at 07:48.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:43   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments inline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
if your budget is partially a constraint, then it will be difficult for you to manage the cost of Bolero Crde at the current pricing structure.

I agree. I would love to read reviews on how the beast handles the extra power. I am never comfortable with companies plonking a higher capacity engine in a shell that was originally built around a much lower capacity one.

Dont waste your time on Special Editions - the "special" stuff is largely cosmetic - no real difference where it counts.

Very true.

your best option would be a Bolero SLX with DI engine - 2wheel drive. Solid, unassuming vehicle that is reasonably comfy and definitely affordable. Good value and extremely tough.
Also please check cost of Scorpio M2DI on road Pondy - you just may be able to stretch and buy that! You should be able to get M2DI in Pondy/ Cuddalore/ Salem/ Coimbatore area because it is meant for the secondary (non metro city) markets.

So we dont get the M2DI in metro's? Is that what you're saying?

And my honest suggestion ref alloys is that you buy the B1560 Aura 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels in "hyper silver finish"- they are superb - I have used them with great enjoyment on my old Bolero Sportz so I speak from personal experience. Plus, Aura comes with a One Year company backed warrantly and being from the Hindalco Company (AV Birla group), are highly trustworthy when compared with others. these particular alloys also look excellent on the Bolero - you can see pictures of my old green bolero on this website to get an idea. check my old thread - "my dear old bolero -lovely jeep."

I just wanted to check on how tough these alloys are. As you may know, once alloys are bent, its quite tough to re-shape them (as against steel wheels). Considering you would have thrown your bolero around, did these alloys withstand the abuse? And ofcourse, how much did you pay for it (yes, I know its a long time back, but gives a sense of how much it could be today)?

All the best
SB
Old 27th January 2009, 15:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar,

Can you see this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-di-turbo.html and tell me what you think? Can others who have driven/owned these cars write in as well? Ofcourse it makes no sense for my purchasing decision because the XD3P is no longer available.

One more difference which I noticed between the two is that the XD3P has to be pre-heated before starting whereas the DI is an immediate start. Cant figure out any more else...
Old 27th January 2009, 15:16   #19
BANNED

@Shankar: I have owned a Bolero GLX 2WD for 5 years now. 1.2 lakh kms run. Engine needs work - the white fumes of death.

The vehicle is very well maintained - cosmetically dosent look like it is 5 years.

I am thinking i need a new vehicle. Since i had a good experience with Mahindra, i am sticking to this brand. Was waiting for the Xylo but now dissappointed. Waited for ages for the CRDe Bolero but the price killed any hopes.

If the CRDe was sold for the price of the base Xylo, i couldn't have been typing this.

Now the question - Scorpio LX or keep my Bolero GLX?

Heart says keep the Bolero. Mind says its done what it had to now is the time to move on.

I asked the same question to my mechanic and he said, keep the Bolero. Its very well maintained and its still good enough for another 5 years - body and other components.
Old 27th January 2009, 16:50   #20
BHPian

Bolero without power steering

Hey,
Am planning to buy a new bolero diz which does not have a power steering,can some one tell me is power steering is very much essential for new bolero or will it be ok without PS,Expecting your valuable comments....
Old 27th January 2009, 18:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Buy the Power Steering. Or your arms better be as big as popeye's!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2009, 19:26   #22
BHPian

Whats the on road cost of the Scorpio M2DI? Is it sold in bangalore?
Old 27th January 2009, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Why not SLE?

Quote:
Thanks Shankar. The Special Editions are all sold out and are no more available. Now I have to go in for SLX or as suggested Scorp LX. Again there is a problem, my budget is 6.5L
The SLE and SLX have a difference of 50-60K OTR; you could use the money saved to get a set of alloys ( ~ 25K) + Power windows (12K) and a better than stock music system ( ~10K) and Keyless entry ( ~ 3k) and a week of booze!
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2009, 20:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Buy the Power Steering. Or your arms better be as big as popeye's!

You're right. He may also have to carry some spinach with him!!!
Old 27th January 2009, 21:00   #25
BHPian

[quote=shankar.balan;1145954]if your budget is partially a constraint, then it will be difficult for you to manage the cost of Bolero Crde at the current pricing structure.

Today the Mahindra & Mahindra guy in Pondy called me to tell that there is going to be a price cut on Boleros. If there is a price cut on VLX (CRDe) and if it falls within my budget, do you really recommend Bolero CRDe? I will keep you informed about the price as soon as I hear from them!
Thanks
Old 27th January 2009, 21:24   #26
BHPian

Aura B1560

All the best
SB[/quote]
Hi!
I did have a look at your old Bolero, it's lovely. Also I have been going through the Alloy Wheel Thread and made up my mind on Aura B1560. Hope you did not have water splashing problem with them.
Solomon
Old 27th January 2009, 21:35   #27
BHPian

SLE vs SLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
The SLE and SLX have a difference of 50-60K OTR; you could use the money saved to get a set of alloys ( ~ 25K) + Power windows (12K) and a better than stock music system ( ~10K) and Keyless entry ( ~ 3k) and a week of booze!
Thanks JP, I think I need to come down to Chennai to get all those things done. Is it possible to get it done in one place or do I need to run around to places?
Old 27th January 2009, 21:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks JP, I think I need to come down to Chennai to get all those things done. Is it possible to get it done in one place or do I need to run around to places?
Hey! PM me when the Bolero is bagged. Can be done in one place...My home!cheers:
Old 27th January 2009, 22:13   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Price Drop!

[quote=jgsolo27;1147059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Today the Mahindra & Mahindra guy in Pondy called me to tell that there is going to be a price cut on Boleros. If there is a price cut on VLX (CRDe) and if it falls within my budget, do you really recommend Bolero CRDe? I will keep you informed about the price as soon as I hear from them!
Thanks
yes! The price has dropped. RockyB purchased his Bolero VLX for 8.2L in December (am I right?) and now the on-road price for the VLX is 7.7L. That is still pricey. The On road price of the SLE in bangalore is 6.5L. Price difference is 1.2L. This is creating a big issue for me. I am wondering if I should plonk 1.2L more or maybe add even more and take an extended loan and go for an LX Scorpio.

Jose Peter...since you have the DI...you need to help me out man with you reviews!
Old 27th January 2009, 22:48   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Whats the on road cost of the Scorpio M2DI? Is it sold in bangalore?
That costs between Rs 7.5 to 8 L. The engine is the crude M&M 2523 cc DI . A lot of them have landed on the roads from showrooms.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks