Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:52   #46
BHPian

Alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
@jgsolo, your ride looks good. Nice color.
Nice choice of alloys too (i have the same ones. )
Thanks for the compliments. The decision on the alloys was taken after reading your posts and also on the advice of Shankar Balan. Moreover, the choice of 15 x 6 alloys were very less in Chennai. There were many in 16" size.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:08   #47
BHPian

Hey jgsolo, you have a stunner there. Its surprising to see the bolero stand the test of time and still look so cool.

Last edited by chaxy : 25th February 2009 at 13:10.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:14   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Booking negotiations.

Alright guys, I am inching closer to booking the Bolero. Now, the sales guy at Sireesh first said that I need to pay 2.5L as a booking amount. I laughed at him and said nothing more than 5k. Then he pleaded for 10k. I relented and agreed (since I was going to negotiate on other things).

So far i have been negotiating over the phone and with three different sales folks at Sireesh. So now, I plan to get one of them over to my office (my comfort zone?) and negotiate a bit harder.

Cash discounts over the cut already announced by M&M is a strict no-no. So I am gunning for free accessories.

1. Floor mats. Are these any good? The stock ones?
2. Rear seat head-rests. Does the SLE come with this? I have seen many SLX's with the rear seat head rests. But I remember seeing an SLE in India Garage without them. Or maybe I am wrong.
3. Railing on the top of the car. Not the ski rack - but the plastic thing which makes the car look sporty but really does not assist in anything else.
4. He mentioned body-polish. I am going to ask him more details on this one.
5. He also said that the vehicle will be trucked down. Thats very nice. I thought all of these were driven down from the factory.
6. He mentioned tinting. But I would rather put better quality Llumar ones myself rather than rely on some el-cheapo tint this guy gives.

Any other accessories? I cant think of much else a showroom can provide.

I am also going to further say that I prefer taking the insurance myself (brother works in TATA AIG) and do the registration myself (including payment of Life time road tax - Uncle is at Yeshwanthapura RTO). I am fibbing on both counts, but will the dealer agree to release the vehicle with the registration and insurance? There's another thread that discusses this in more detail, so am gonna amble out there and post this query in greater detail.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
1. Floor mats. Are these any good? The stock ones?
2. Rear seat head-rests. Does the SLE come with this? I have seen many SLX's with the rear seat head rests. But I remember seeing an SLE in India Garage without them. Or maybe I am wrong.
5. He also said that the vehicle will be trucked down. Thats very nice. I thought all of these were driven down from the factory.
6. He mentioned tinting. But I would rather put better quality Llumar ones myself rather than rely on some el-cheapo tint this guy gives.

Any other accessories? I cant think of much else a showroom can provide.
There are no stock floor mats.
No head-rests in SLE.
IIRC, vehicles are usually driven down from Dharwad.
They usually give you choices in 3M, Llumar etc.

Any other accessories?
You could get leather / pseudo-leather steering cover.
Better horns.
Fog lamps.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know the load -pulling capacity of this engine in actual Kilogram/ton terms.
I am wondering if I can put a trailer at the back and load my Willy's in (it has a 540 engine and so is heavier than a regular petrol) and pull it to all the far-away OTR spots
willys will weight around 1 1\2 ton, if you can make/fabricate a well balanced trailer which will take 80% of willys weight & other 20% on bolero then you can pull it easily.
(not like 3rd pic in which whole weight will be on bolero)
(in otr mm540/550 can pull gypsy-550-safari-scorpio which range from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 tons)

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-00400729507.jpgQuery(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-0605or_05_zproper_safe_tie_down_practice_trailering_101jeep_trailer.jpgQuery(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-jacks-jeep-trailer-1.jpgQuery(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-flat2012x920deck20elevation.jpgQuery(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-cj2a11_email.jpg

Quote:
the sales guy at Sireesh first said that I need to pay 2.5L as a booking amount. I laughed at him and said nothing more than 5k. Then he pleaded for 10k.

Floor mats. Are these any good? The stock ones?
Railing on the top of the car. Not the ski rack - but the plastic thing which makes the car look sporty but really does not assist in anything else.
He mentioned body-polish. I am going to ask him more details on this one.
i booked (bought) my slx for 11000/-(also down payment) used for 2 weeks & then made bank file which took anther week to complete .
-the floor mats in slx are good
-use the ski rack a good ont. (will be help full in future trips)
-do body coat either 3m/autoglym/teflon
buy slx for only factory fitted power windows if not sle is the one

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-img0770a.jpgQuery(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-moto_02033.jpg

Last edited by jeepster : 2nd March 2009 at 17:25.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijuko View Post
Hey,
Am planning to buy a new bolero diz which does not have a power steering,can some one tell me is power steering is very much essential for new bolero or will it be ok without PS,Expecting your valuable comments....
Arre yaar, y do u wanto spend 5lac + on a brand new car that does not even have power steering, power steering my friend is a luxury in alto/santro, but a necessity in bolero/any heavier vehicle, y would u want to drive n feel like ur driving a truck, with a steering that makes u sweat while turning?? When u buy a used vehicle u compromise on many things based on what all ur getting, and the over all condition of the vehicle, but a new vehicle????? C'mon gimme a break !! Do ur arms a favour n buy the model that has PS, unless ur trying for Mr. Banglore !!
Old 17th March 2009, 02:13   #52
BHPian

jgsolo your bolero looks neat. i hav not seen this color at all i have seen other limited editions but in a different color this one is neat looks real classy. congrats on you new buy.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
jgsolo your bolero looks neat. i hav not seen this color at all i have seen other limited editions but in a different color this one is neat looks real classy. congrats on you new buy.
Hmmm how about this 1 , Thats my Obsession, my Passion, My Bolero SLX Somehow all the high end SUV's n other muv's always fail to impress me, 4me, this simple n humble UV has everything that a normal, common man like me wants decent, rugged, macho looks to match equally tough n hardy body/suspension/engine etc, no non sense attitude, all the essential frills/necessities that a modern car/UV etc requires, eg. A/C, Heater, Power everything, what else can a guy ask for, combine everything n all the virtues, and this machine makes more sense than everything else combined !! Am i right fellows? This is 1hell of a mean machine, i'll get it time n again, provided M & M continue this DI SLX or better.
Attached Thumbnails
Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01541.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01557.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01568.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01570.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01573.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01582.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01655.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01658.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01659.jpg  

Query(s) regarding Mahindra Bolero?-dsc01660.jpg  

maheep007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2009, 20:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice ride. looks spanking new. When did you pick her up? Going all bling on the alloys, I see.
Old 17th March 2009, 21:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Nice ride. looks spanking new. When did you pick her up? Going all bling on the alloys, I see.
He he thanx dude, a compliment every now n then is well appreciated n digested, Picked her up last August, pics were taken around then only, but now too she (or he?) stands there dazzling n sparking !! Just got on new alloys that day itself, thought did not go for change in tyres, they are original 215/75 R15 Bridgestones. Dint want the driving dynamics to change to stuck to these only.
Old 18th March 2009, 05:08   #56
BHPian

@maheep007 nice beautifull ride. i agree completely to what you say these are real no nonsense machines. I have a bolero from 2000 and done 1 lac plus kms, all driven by me "only" and it never makes me feel tired one bit. Now not to mention that I have 3 other vechiles at home which are more s[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]ophisticated than the bolero. Innova, scorpio and accent. But notthing to beat the good ole plane jane bolero in terms of value for money, toughness, go any where attitude and has character in its self. Nothing is simpler that this machince/truck/uv/car/jeep etc etc what ever people call it. I am a great fan of the bolero. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 18th March 2009, 05:12   #57
BHPian

i see in some of the pics that you have used some other tires
Old 18th March 2009, 06:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
i see in some of the pics that you have used some other tires
Well yes Hemanth, quite a noticer (if there is, such a word) initially when i had just bought the vehicle, i had traded the company bridgestones for an over size 255/60 of some American tyre called sigma something, but i quickly realized there nothing like company tyres, the correct size the company reccomends after much R & D. Plus i felt, though just 1 size over should not matter that much, but still, when thr tyre widens out, and unless ur a big offroader, it serves no purpose, but on the contrary affects pick up, mileage, and driving dynamics, not to mention it dirties all the vehicle since it sticks out. So finally stuck to the company Bridgestones again after about 15 days, thats my tale pal !!
Old 18th March 2009, 12:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Picked her up last August, pics were taken around then only, but now too she (or he?) stands there dazzling n sparking !!
Nice ride.
Try to get rid of that "Blue Label" on the alloys. It doesn't go well with the vehicle color.

Mine is a 2007 August SLE. Same color.
I guess the offset alloys must still be dirtying the vehicle. It does in my Bolero.

Last edited by Torqy : 18th March 2009 at 12:23.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:59   #60
BHPian

the offsets are a pain be very carefull in the rainy season you could have scratches all over your window glass before you even realise it...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks