Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 09:28   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which used automatic diesel SUV under 10 L- Scorpio or Captiva?

A used auto Scorpio under 10L will definitely be pre-2012. Please check this thread before you take a decision:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th February 2015 at 09:30.
Old 24th February 2015, 12:57   #137
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ishaan. You are right about Captiva, Spare prices will be on higher side. Scorpio will be very light on wallet. Endy is good but like I said, already looong vehicle with 1 foot spare-wheel protrusion makes it nightmarish to park in inercity confines.

Vikram, around 10L one can even find 2013 models but only problem is they are fewer and farther in between. Owing to poor relsale value of Chevy, Captivas too can be had, of circa 2011-12, if one looks hard.
Old 24th February 2015, 13:34   #138
BHPian

Please check X Trail as well. You may get 2011 model around 10 L. Excellent engine-gearbox combo with good ride and handling.
Old 28th February 2015, 17:52   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: Endeavor 3.0 vs CR-V AWD vs Outlander vs Captiva vs Pajero

Automatic Scorpio is a gamble. Some have had no problems, while others have had constant pain. If you must have automatic, desist from getting Scorpio, and if you must have Scorpio, get a new one.
Old 22nd March 2015, 00:00   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Thanks Ishaan. You are right about Captiva, Spare prices will be on higher side. Scorpio will be very light on wallet. Endy is good but like I said, already looong vehicle with 1 foot spare-wheel protrusion makes it nightmarish to park in inercity confines.

Vikram, around 10L one can even find 2013 models but only problem is they are fewer and farther in between. Owing to poor relsale value of Chevy, Captivas too can be had, of circa 2011-12, if one looks hard.
I have had the Captiva LTZ for 4 years now. Except for once, I have had no problems with the car , apart from the normal servicing. , which costs about 7000 to 14000, depending on whether an oil change is required etc. The 60,000 km service was expensive as the manual requires the timing belt and a few othercomponents to be changed . Best part is the build quality is good as it is a CBU unit from Korea .In fact my OE tyres still have another 10,000 km left after completing 72000 kms !. Spare parts costs are comparable to any other car in its segment. But the central console is not really as classy as the new cars and what the this car deserves .
Old 1st September 2015, 13:11   #141

Hello
Getting this thread alive again!
We recently sold our Scorpio that served us well and now looking for a SUV with the following requirements and budget:
Budget - Max 28 Lakhs
Requirements -
* Automatic
* SUV
* Technology overload
* Good looks and aesthetics
* Refined
* Petrol/Diesel
* No Fortuner - Unrefined and innovaish cabin
* No Scorpio - Unreliable Auto box
* No Creta - something is wrong with it lol
* No Captiva - owned one already
We wont extend our budget for the German SUVs as we recently bought a GLA 200

oh and another thing we cannot wait for new launches as we need to buy a vehicle ASAP.

Looking at the CRV and loving it till now, we have not seen or driven the vehicle yet; none of dealers have one on display or for test drives. I would thank any of the latest gen CRV owners to give their input as well.
Thanks a lot.
Old 1st September 2015, 14:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1994 View Post
Hello
Getting this thread alive again!
We recently sold our Scorpio that served us well and now looking for a SUV with the following requirements and budget:
Budget - Max 28 Lakhs
Requirements -
* Automatic
* SUV
* Technology overload
* Good looks and aesthetics
* Refined
* Petrol/Diesel
* No Fortuner - Unrefined and innovaish cabin
* No Scorpio - Unreliable Auto box
* No Creta - something is wrong with it lol
* No Captiva - owned one already
We wont extend our budget for the German SUVs as we recently bought a GLA 200

oh and another thing we cannot wait for new launches as we need to buy a vehicle ASAP.

Looking at the CRV and loving it till now, we have not seen or driven the vehicle yet; none of dealers have one on display or for test drives. I would thank any of the latest gen CRV owners to give their input as well.
Thanks a lot.
Go for the Santa Fe. Though if you don't mind the petrol in the CRV, you can save a few bucks. But Santa Fe would still be my pick.
Old 1st September 2015, 18:01   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Go for the Santa Fe. Though if you don't mind the petrol in the CRV, you can save a few bucks. But Santa Fe would still be my pick.
Hi kartavya
Well we did enquire about the santa-fe and only the top end variant spoke to us lol.
but thats priced at 36Lakhs!!! and I wont pay that much for a Hyundai, Not just Hyundai but the car as a whole is not worth a whooping 36 lakhs.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:31   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Hi kartavya
Well we did enquire about the santa-fe and only the top end variant spoke to us lol.
but thats priced at 36Lakhs!!! and I wont pay that much for a Hyundai, Not just Hyundai but the car as a whole is not worth a whooping 36 lakhs.
Then you should find out the exact date for the new Endeavour or just go for the CRV. If you don't mind the petrol go for the CRV
Old 1st September 2015, 21:01   #145
Senior - BHPian

A few of my acquaintances are going in for the CRV. Their rationale is that when you factor in the total cost of operation, CRV is at par with the diesel models, especially if you move around mostly in the city.
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:21   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
A few of my acquaintances are going in for the CRV. Their rationale is that when you factor in the total cost of operation, CRV is at par with the diesel models, especially if you move around mostly in the city.
Aroy, yes the CRV seems to be a pretty good package for in city commute. I guess we are going to go ahead with the car, just waiting for a test drive.... Have any of those acquaintances gone ahead with the car? How is it doing for them? any reviews would be appreciated. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Then you should find out the exact date for the new Endeavour or just go for the CRV. If you don't mind the petrol go for the CRV
Kartavya we used to own the very first generation of the endeavour, and after the captiva i don't think we would buy an american car in India. The sole reason being the rattles and squeaks only after 20k kms. I guess the fit and finish looks good but it isn't.
Our commute is only gonna be around 30 kms or so everyday and thats why I don't mind the petrol engine and the difference between the prices of petrol and diesel is shrinking day by day.
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:21   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aroy, yes the CRV seems to be a pretty good package for in city commute. I guess we are going to go ahead with the car, just waiting for a test drive.... Have any of those acquaintances gone ahead with the car? How is it doing for them? any reviews would be appreciated. Cheers

A doctor friend bought one a few months back, and he is extremely happy.
Old 24th September 2015, 21:34   #148
BHPian

The new upcoming 2016 Honda CR-V is most probably getting a diesel option too. An automatic diesel option will be really nice.The prices are not out yet. But Honda diesel engines (for City, Amaze etc.) are giving a very good FE.
Old 29th October 2019, 06:04   #149

SUV under 5 lakh

Hi, everyone!

What are your guys’ recommendations for a nice, reliable, mid size pre-owned SUV for daily runabouts? My budget is 500,000. Some options I've considered are:
CRV (IInd gen)
captiva
Grand Vitara
Pajero SFX

Is it even a smart decision to buy a decade old SUV?

And mods, if a similar thread exists, please club this into that. I couldn't find one myself.
Old 29th October 2019, 22:11   #150
BHPian

Re: SUV under 5 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer_ts View Post
Hi, everyone!

What are your guys’ recommendations for a nice, reliable, mid size pre-owned SUV for daily runabouts? My budget is 500,000. Some options I've considered are:
CRV (IInd gen)
captiva
Grand Vitara
Pajero SFX

Is it even a smart decision to buy a decade old SUV?

And mods, if a similar thread exists, please club this into that. I couldn't find one myself.
I'm also in the same boat as yours. Looking for a pre-owned SUV within 8 L and zeroed down on CR-V, 4th generation launched in 2013 are available for 7-8 Lakhs.

In your budget of 5 L, you can get 3rd generation CR-V launched in 2009/2010. I've seen ads in olx, many examples are there ~5L.

Don't go for Captiva because of couple of reasons - 1) 2011 & 2012 models have some issues in the engine due to which car catches fire. There are many instances in India where car catches fire in the middle of the road and passengers are barely able to scape. Search for the related thread in forum, you'll find many instances. 2) GM is out of India, so spares will be an issue.

Buying Grand Vitara and Pajero doesn't make much sense due to the above reason (No.2) as well.

Most Viewed