Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 00:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

CRV.....Honda name is enuf (but dont take it offroad, NEVER)

Outlander.....its much expensive to maintain/service compared to CRV

Captiva.....Made in Korea by Daewoo!

crv commands better re-sale value than other two. if you can wait little longer, then go for Diesel 2.0 crv.
Old 4th November 2008, 02:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Outlander.....its much expensive to maintain/service compared to CRV
Huh? How did you arrive at such a conclusion for a car that has only been launched? Plus, don't overlook the fact that the CRV is a CBU whose parts are imported.

Quote:
Captiva.....Made in Korea by Daewoo!
And the point of this statement is....?

Quote:
crv commands better re-sale value than other two.
Again, please provide the justification for such a loose statement. Neither the Outlander nor the Captiva have been in the resale market long enough. And the Captiva is a diesel : Will surely gain brownie points in the second hand bazaar.

Parm, it is best to post factually on Team-BHP rather than making statements without a base.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

i should have mentioned that my comments were based on the Dubai/UAE market when i compared these three SUVs.

captiva.....made in korea by daewoo, i mean to say it does carry a chevy badge, but its not made in yankee land! so dont get fooled by chevy badge.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

CR-V looks great. If you are considering to buy by the end of the year, you might get some good discount also, but the biggest competition for a CR-V is a new CR-V. With the CR-V not remaining the segment leader anymore Honda might come up with even a better CR-V soon. It is so easy for them.

I'll suggest, if you get good discount then go in this year (white CR-V my favorite) otherwise wait for two more months till Feb 09. Jan and Feb will be good time for Honda to announce new things and may be also Toyota (Fortuner).
Old 10th April 2009, 11:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Having driven both recently, Outlander is a better overall package and VFM than CRV. Take a test drive on a good road and a bad one too, you'll know what I am referring to. Outlander will give you more power, higher max speed, paddle shifters, 6 gears, turn dial for 2WD / 4 WD / Lock, higher ground clearence etc etc
1. CR-V is a great soft roader.
2. It dosnt have a 4WD switch like the Outlander. 99% of the time it runs in 2WD mode, only if the front wheel skids the power is delivered into the back wheels (assumption).
3. CR-V exteriors are not meant for Off- Roading.
4. Actually the CR-V is designed for Women in the US and the UK. (From 5th gear review in Youtube.)
5. Outlander has a really beautiful ICE.
6. CR-V was released with the statement " Not all 4x4s are the same ". The fact is CR-V is more eco friendly in terms of emission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Huh? How did you arrive at such a conclusion for a car that has only been launched? Plus, don't overlook the fact that the CRV is a CBU whose parts are imported.
I support GTO, CR-V parts are expensive too. But the point is own a car which you can comfortably afford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks