Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 08:30   #1
BHPian

Dearth of used MM540 in Mumbai

Friends!

The (4x4) bug has bit me.. and OUCH it pains... as I am not able to find a decent vehicle in Mumbai area.

I have been looking high and low for a jeep for the past couple of months, it has been a good expereience in all .. looking through auction sites etc.

The Mahindra Royale and the Single Cab version (aka the Milk vans) though are available in plently..

A simple question for all 4x4 gurus.. Can the Mahindra Royale and the Single Cab (96 in Chassis) .. Once modded be considered to be equivalent of the MM540.?

Also if there are like minded people who would are game to start their search for a 4x4 .. you know now whom to PM

cheers!
Old 18th December 2008, 15:21   #2
BHPian

Hi Shiv,

Even I was infected by the same virus or should say biten by the same bug. I have seen quite a few Jeeps here with Local dealers in Westen Suburbs but most of them had the original Engine Replaced and the 4X4 removed.

I had been to Bordi (Dahanu) for a wedding last week on route I saw a few Jeep workshops and some 540s and Majors there. Could not halt and check as was with my family. I am planning to visit these workshops soon. I have inquired with one of my uncle who is a localite about the jeep he was also working with M&M Jeeps division in Kandivali so has good knowledge about Jeeps. He has told me that I can 540 in good working condition for around 75K there at Dahanu. Will keep you posted about my plan to visit Dahanu so that if interested you can join in.

My local mech is going to take me to some place in Pen where he has assured me of getting a good Classic or 540.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:41   #3
BHPian

Guys, can we know the update on your hunt.
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Guys, can we know the update on your hunt.
Well my hunt is still on. Had kept it on hold as my ovehauling expense with my old car Hyundai Accent went over budget (Changed HLL, Engine Oil leakage issue fixed, Front and Rear Suspenssion Completly Overhauled) and then my other Car SX4 VXi met with a small accident, didnt wanted to claim insurance as I plan to sell it off in a years time as I am not too happy with it. (Will post more detail on SX4 performance in another thread).

I am quite impressed with Harjeev’s project "Harjeev’s MM 550 XD – Army spec - Bought" http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ec-bought.html , so right now saving cash for a similar project in near future.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:09   #5

Shiv you can check for Mahindra Jeeps in Mangalore. Believe me the place is flooded with Mahindra Jeeps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks