Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:26   #31
BHPian

Ok, maybe the slogan meant logan. Maybe the xylo's looks don't make a great first impression. But as benbsb29 suggested, looks can grow on you. Especially if the car is a good one. Let us wait for the road test reports, it may be a good buy after all.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:05   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Pal if you note - no "claim" has been made. Only an opinion and my impression proferred. Each to his own I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Please refrain from making such claims and starting a debate on another tangent before reading through the posts carefully.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:52   #33
BHPian

Xylo ad.

This TVC was supposed to just announce the launch of Xylo. IMHO it is quite a sad way to do so. In this case the advertisement reflects the product, I guess. A new TVC shot in Singapore (night time) will be aired soon, Feb sometime. As an advt. it will be much better then what we have seen of the launch advt. What will it do to the brand, I would not like to guess. Wait and watch.
BTW I did not like the product that I have seen on the net and the ad. However, it will be unfair to pass any judgement without seing it in flesh and blood.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:22   #34
BHPian

OP: Did you seriously mean what you said?
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:23   #35
BHPian

Yesterday I saw a brand new Xylo on road and followed it for some distance. It was in Brookefield Bangalore around 8.45 Pm. Boy, I was impressed with the looks. It looked huge and had a presence on the road. Havent seen the interiors hence cant comment. But @ the price can be considered as a good buy if no serious faults reported in next 6 months.
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

For the given price point, Xylo seems like excellent option (at least on paper since I have not driven it).

IMHO, there are so many things which are going for Xylo:
  • Excellent pricing. (Mid C segment).
  • It probably looks (finish) better than Tavera, Sumo etc.
  • Much more space than sedans.
  • features are not bad either, except safety features like ABS/Airbags. Comfort features are much closer to Sedan than a typical people mover like Tavera, Sumo, Bolero.
  • Big plus is that it has got real powerful engine, same as Scorpio.
If I am in the market now, I would seriously consider it unless there are really bad issues with its handling or ride. After all, it is an MPV and not Sedan, so can't expect it to handle like a Sedan at high speed.

Though M & M is looking to push Xylo between Bolera and Scorpio to eat up pie from C-Segment sedans, I have a feeling that this will badly cut into Scorpio sale.

Last edited by RX135 : 22nd January 2009 at 18:38.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
  • Big plus is that it has got real powerful engine, same as Scorpio.
The engine is not the same as Scorpio. It's not even the same as the 2.5 ltr CRDe Bolero, but a variant of it.

But yes, the Xylo seems to be very good VFM. Let's not talk about the TV Ad!
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
The engine is not the same as Scorpio. It's not even the same as the 2.5 ltr CRDe Bolero, but a variant of it.

But yes, the Xylo seems to be very good VFM. Let's not talk about the TV Ad!
I didn't know that, thanks! I didn't know Bolero comes with such powerful engine (I thought, it had some 64 BHP TDi engine).

But, doesn't it produce the same power as Scorpio i.e. 115 PS? What is difference between these 2?
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:12   #39
BHPian

The tagline affirms only one thing that M&M are not going to venture in the sedan market in the near term. As it is, the Logan was a single model only deal with Renault and they are getting rid of the stocks by slashing the prices drastically.

M&M are now banking heavily on the Xylo and looking at the Indicruz (in another thread) and face-lifted Innova expected soon - M&M are walking a tight rope. Also, today saw a Sumo Grande in black (dark colours tend to mask bulk well) with alloys and it looked good – Xylo effect I guess! Who knows Xylo’s looks (or lack of good looks – should I say) might prime the sales of Grande as well.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I didn't know that, thanks! I didn't know Bolero comes with such powerful engine (I thought, it had some 64 BHP TDi engine).

But, doesn't it produce the same power as Scorpio i.e. 115 PS? What is difference between these 2?
It's called the mEagle engine by M&M. The Scorpio has the mHawk. No major difference on paper: 112 bhp vs 120 for the mHawk. In feel there apparently is!
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Xylo. Front of a Scorpio, side of a Tavera and back of a Sumo Grande. Wow! And this is a sedan killer? And M&M is asking sedan owners to grow up, junk their sedans and make a beeline for this people carrier? Why so much hatred towards sedans? May be M&M is sour because their sedan ( Logan ) didn't take off.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Talking about the looks, I bet its the grille design - vertical, that brings in the ugly look , if you change it with a mesh or vertical, its looks far better.I would definitely change the grille design to mesh to have a bolder appearance..
+1 there. I feel the front grill gives it a rather confused look. Overall, it appears as if it has an identity crisis

Last edited by RX135 : 22nd January 2009 at 21:15.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:25   #43
BHPian

It looks "irritated" from the front view, and the back view styling doesn't not match with the front view. Therefore it looks ugly. a better redesign of the front (esp the grille and headlights) would make this car much pleasing to look at

For the pricing it seems to be a good option really. Should sell if doesn't throw up issues. Anyinfo about the technical specifications of this car ? and features for passenger comfort and ease ? I do not know the specs.

now now,
the TV AD IS STUPID (Geez !) its no way a sedan killer ... maybe they should have used the logan instead of the car that was crunched by the container box from which the Xylo came out tab sahi hota..
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

But the punchline of the ad is - Outgrow your sedan !

The "Era of Sedans is over" is just used to open the ad.
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:35   #45
BHPian

These guys got it wrong.. it's supposed to be "Here is the END of OUR sedans" "Outgrow OUR Sedans"
The Xylo is the answer to M&M sedan project. They would have failed so badly that the Xylo would need Milo. so the sedan grew and grew and finally we have the ....

Give me a break

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks