Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 11:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

I would still suggest you try it out.

I have found M&M to be quiet sensitive to customer complaints. I had major problems with my Scorpio, most of the times I did not get satisfactory response / solution from the A.S.S. but mails to the customer care and a couple of senior guys have done the trick every time.
I will PM the mail ID's to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
This is a welcome idea, I blew my top off at the service manager, however this is of no avail as I do not see any other practical solution to the problem than replacing the door. They are surely not going to do that.

I have the old damaged door with me and I think my local tinker and painter can do a better job with the same. This should be embarrassing enough.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:51   #92
BHPian

The Mahindra Xylo Colour Contest is going on. If anyone wants to try out their luck. go to :: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::. All the best
Old 7th August 2009, 21:13   #93
BHPian

A new Diamond White Xylo!!!

I just stumbled upon the Mahindra Xylo website from one of the posts here and I just saw the all new Diamond White Xylo. Now I should say that this one sure is one eye catching model of Xylo.
Old 7th August 2009, 22:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum_torque View Post
I just stumbled upon the Mahindra Xylo website from one of the posts here and I just saw the all new Diamond White Xylo. Now I should say that this one sure is one eye catching model of Xylo.
I certainly hope that will not be the basis for your decision to buy!
There is a LOT more to car ownership than the colour and the TD!!
Old 7th August 2009, 22:33   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

The sedans will be alive and sell exceedingly well come Xylo or anything!
However,M&M net soared 152 % (Source Business Standard) for the Q1, as the mighty Xylo sales took off on a high note from the showrooms. M&M posted a net profit of Rs 400.9 crores during the April-June 09 quarter up from the same period of the previous fiscal mainly due to the Xylo and its tractor models recording strong sales. The growth recorded was 29 % while the industry average is 1.6%. Sadly M&M's exports were down 65 % for automotive and 38 % for the tractor segment. The Xylo sales have touched 15000 units since its launch. The Refreshed Scorpio and the Bolero are continuing to sell well.The price of the Xylo was increased by Rs 20000, while that of the Scorpio was reduced by upto Rs 80000 and the Bolero by Rs 35000 so further price cuts were ruled out. The reductions were mainly due to the recession that resulted in reduced raw material prices.
So the Xylo may repeat another success story for M&M, which has created successful models like the Bolero and Scorpio. They simply seem to know what the customers really want and expect, though the component quality (plastics, switchgear, fit and finish) need vast improvements.
Old 8th August 2009, 08:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
They simply seem to know what the customers really want and expect, though the component quality (plastics, switchgear, fit and finish) need vast improvements.
That is exactly what M&M have understood well: That only a few will crib about these and this is an area where they can cut corners.
Better retain timing chain and save on door liners!
Old 8th August 2009, 15:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

ahaaa.... white colour in the xylo, thats good. now will they open the xylo to taxi market also?
Old 10th August 2009, 14:12   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I certainly hope that will not be the basis for your decision to buy!
There is a LOT more to car ownership than the colour and the TD!!
Certainly.

For a person like me buying a car is once in a life time decision which will be taken after much brooding and testing because I think I'll be able to afford just one car (Hope I manage to get myself a fleet of cars )

In this respect I think Xylo is quite a reliable vehicle to put your money on.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:19   #99
BHPian

One thing i learned from the xylo bashing is, those who are bashing top to bottom against xylo never tried that vehicle... I have seen some of the xylo bashers are now proud owners. The views are changing....

Last edited by saabasheer : 21st August 2010 at 15:22.
Old 21st August 2010, 16:22   #100
BHPian

New grill

Does any one have any inside scoop as to when the honeycomb grill design featured in the Xylo pickup will make its appearance in the passenger version? I may soon be in the market to buy a Xylo and if a refreshed version is coming up soon, I may as well wait.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...5052010674.jpg

Last edited by Wind : 21st August 2010 at 16:25.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:18   #101
BHPian

I am the proud owner of a Xylo E8 and so feel that I can speak with some authority
Looks wise - I feel it looks awesome Remember we all scoffed at the Wagon R and before that at the good old Maruti Suzuki and probably still do at half a dozen other things that we cannot do without!!
Features and comfort - second to none repeat second to none
Interiors - Yes could be better - but would we be willing to pay the price for expensive add ons
Handling - For its size and other so called negatives by all senior BHPians - it handles like a dream Super smooth super safe
Cannot comment on those who want to take corners at 60+ and then complain especially if its your family at the back
For a middle class owner like me it is a dream come true and every morning I wake up and pinch myself to believe that this magnificent beast is actually standing below my house
For those who have the money the world is at your beck and call
For all the rest I say what are you waiting for buy one today and find yourself going Gaga over the vehicle
Join the club
Proud to be an Indian in an Indian vehicle on Indian roads
Old 14th September 2010, 11:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry68 View Post
I am the proud owner of a Xylo E8 and so feel that I can speak with some authority
I would second your thoughts Jerry, as an extremely satisfied ex owner of a Wagon R, I had a chance to drive a Xylo for almost 2 weeks as a replacement car when my Scorpio was at the A.S.S.

Once you are inside the vehicle the apace is overwhelming and the thoughtful design, like double folding middle row seat, rear A/C, reading lights, drive information etc. I feel almost cheated when I see all these things missing in my much more expensive Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks