Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/52560-mahindra-scorpio-vlx-t-4wd-anyone-got-18.html)

@param and @harimakesh:

What you guys are talking about is the manufacturers model year which is pretty much the practice followed in the USA as well. In India this concept doesn't exist. But there are two dates in your rc book. Date of manufacture and date of registration. The concept of a 2010 model being released in late 2009 doesn't exist in India. It does in the USA though.

As my understanding goes, the VIN will depend on the date of gate invoice based on which the Excise Duty on the vehicle is paid. So a vehicle cannot have 2010 VIN if it leaves the factory gate before the 1st Jan'10 and the excise gate reciept is for 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1656304)
@param and @harimakesh:

What you guys are talking about is the manufacturers model year which is pretty much the practice followed in the USA as well. In India this concept doesn't exist. But there are two dates in your rc book. Date of manufacture and date of registration. The concept of a 2010 model being released in late 2009 doesn't exist in India. It does in the USA though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1657104)
As my understanding goes, the VIN will depend on the date of gate invoice based on which the Excise Duty on the vehicle is paid. So a vehicle cannot have 2010 VIN if it leaves the factory gate before the 1st Jan'10 and the excise gate reciept is for 2009.

Thanks for enlighting me on How the Model year of vehicle decided in India. It will help me when I repatriate to India and purchase a car.clap:

Link to a recent ownership report of the 4x4 AT :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

@tanwaramit and hondadude- Here is an update from my side- The car had been allotted on4th Jan and arrived at dealers stockyard on 9th. I was travelling since last week of Dec and hence there was no follow up or update. Visited the stockyard on 12th. Great feeling to see it. Feels good. Ideally wanted to get the delivery on 14th but the registration couldnt have happened earlier due to delay from my side so now going a bit slow. Will be sending the documents for registrations by Saturday so they can send it for registration on Monday(18th) and either will get the delivery the same day or Wednesday (20th). Pics size is bigger than permitted here so will take some time to edit and then will post it.
Whats the progress on your front- please, update.

Congratulations Shatrughna. Will eagerly wait for the pics etc. No update from my side as I am traveling currently and will follow up with dealer a week from now when I get back to Bangalore. I got sick of calling them regularly and now waiting for them to call me up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 1682531)
Visited the stockyard on 12th. Great feeling to see it. Feels good. ...they can send it for registration on Monday(18th) and either will get the delivery the same day or Wednesday (20th). Pics size is bigger than permitted here so will take some time to edit and then will post it.

Congratulations, Shatrughna! clap:

For help on resizing your pics, go through this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 1682531)
@tanwaramit and hondadude- Here is an update from my side- The car had been allotted on4th Jan and arrived at dealers stockyard on 9th.
Whats the progress on your front- please, update.

Congratulations Shatrughna on arrival of the beast, atleast to the dealers stockyard.

Had been waiting for updates from you. Its a long wait for you.

Seems hondadude has his wait even longer.

My wait is stretched, now I am hunting for a garage nearby to park the car as I am not comfortable parking it outside on the road. No success so far. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1683811)
Congratulations Shatrughna on arrival of the beast, atleast to the dealers stockyard.

My wait is stretched, now I am hunting for a garage nearby to park the car as I am not comfortable parking it outside on the road. No success so far. :Frustrati

Friends, add me to the list. Booked my VLX AT on dec 21st and still waiting on it. The dealer says it has been invoiced last Wednesday (Jan 13th) but he is not sure if it left the factory. The wait is killing me!!

I got a call today telling informing me that I will get mine next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1691193)
I got a call today telling informing me that I will get mine next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hondadude, when did you book and what variant? Forget the second question. I went through the whole post and got my answer - the one with airbags.

Congrats hondadude - it has been a long wait. After seeing it at stockyard, again been travelling so not have been able to submit the papers for regsitration as yet. Now its other way round- the dealer has been chasing me. Submitting my papers tomorrow and then may be Monday it gets registered and may be by 27th , I may get the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 1691193)

Thanks amit and I am sure- will wait for confirmation from your side soon. May be someday we all guys meet somewhere. Incidentally, Mumbai is midway (apprx. )for you and hondadude. So may be, you may plan sometime. There are few very enthusiastic Scorpio experts on the yahoogroup and we all are meeting somewhere in Pune on 7th Feb and hope to take the scorpio for its baptism.
Pics are yet to be edited (rightsized) so sorry for the delay.

Now, its high time, I picked up some good anti theft devices- please, give your final inputs- I am sure- you have couple of suggestions by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1683811)

Congrats to you ananth for booking the scorpio and hope it arrives soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananth_iy (Post 1692553)
Hondadude, when did you book and what variant? Forget the second question. I went through the whole post and got my answer - the one with airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananth_iy (Post 1692553)

I initially booked it early Nov but then asked them to hold off waiting for airbags version, I don't remember the exact date but probably late Nov.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 1694002)
Congrats hondadude - it has been a long wait. After seeing it at stockyard, again been travelling so not have been able to submit the papers for regsitration as yet. Now its other way round- the dealer has been chasing me. Submitting my papers tomorrow and then may be Monday it gets registered and may be by 27th , I may get the vehicle.

I should also get that next week. Will know more today, now that I am back to Bangalore.

Guys, I am waiting for you guys to get our At 4X4, I feel lonely right now with just me .. its always better to have a reasonable number on road.

congrats to all who are getting there AT 4wd in coming week.

-Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 1694002)
Thanks amit and I am sure- will wait for confirmation from your side soon. May be someday we all guys meet somewhere. Incidentally, Mumbai is midway (apprx. )for you and hondadude. So may be, you may plan sometime. There are few very enthusiastic Scorpio experts on the yahoogroup and we all are meeting somewhere in Pune on 7th Feb and hope to take the scorpio for its baptism.
Pics are yet to be edited (rightsized) so sorry for the delay.

Now, its high time, I picked up some good anti theft devices- please, give your final inputs- I am sure- you have couple of suggestions by now.

So Shatrughna, today is the day you are submitting the papers. Look forward to the white beast.

I didnt look for much security device as I am 101% sure that the vehicle will be taken away by thieves in less than 3 days from outside my home + lots of scratches by my well wishers. Hence I have decided to look for a safer place to park this beast. Then will book the car and look for security devices.