Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:43   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Good news. The Scorpio website is now showing the price of VLX AT-4WD so I am hoping that one can order AT-4WD. Obviously none of the dealers know about it, as usual.
Wish it is true. I am in the queue- right now and here. Will call up dealer when the day breaks for them.

Currently the website is acting funny and while few links are not working , some links are giving erroneous information( price page).

Last edited by shatrughna : 23rd October 2009 at 08:52.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Wish it is true. I am in the queue- right now and here. Will call up dealer when the day breaks for them.

Currently the website is acting funny and while few links are not working , some links are giving erroneous information( price page).
Click on "Buy Scorpio" and then click on the price at the top. It is working fine for me. See the attached pics

Name:  Picture 2.png
Views: 18515
Size:  48.6 KB

Mahindra Scorpio VLX A/T 4WD - anyone got it?-picture-4.png
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:09   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Good news. The Scorpio website is now showing the price of VLX AT-4WD so I am hoping that one can order AT-4WD. Obviously none of the dealers know about it, as usual.
This is absolutely fab news. A 4x4 SUV with a 6-Speed Automatic for about 11 lakhs.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is absolutely fab news. A 4x4 SUV with a 6-Speed Automatic for about 11 lakhs.
Absolutely! I have been pestering a couple of dealers about details (colors, seat configs etc) since morning. In all probability, will book it tomorrow.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:01   #65
BHPian

Now this hurts, I went to buy 4x4 last year , ultimately got 4x2 vlx and now 4x4 , auto and 4x4 with auto are available, i paid the price same as auto back then, Mahindra dropped the price later, so it hurts from all side, seriously thinking of getting this 1 year vlx off and get 4x4 auto. More detail about availability, waiting color option would be appreciated.
-Pramod
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

wow Scorpio 4x4 with auto transmission. amazing. wonderful.

if no other BHPian books it this year, then may be I could be the first BHPian to own in 2010.

Donot want to buy a 2009 year model at this time of the year.

Checked with Shiva Auto here, they are not aware of this launch (as expected)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 23rd October 2009 at 15:16.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

if no other BHPian books it this year, then may be I could be the first BHPian to own in 2010.

Donot want to buy a 2009 year model at this time of the year.
Just found out that if we book today, we will get the delivery in Dec last week or Jan first week. So, if you want to be the first BHPian to own it in 2010, you should book now

Three colors, Black, White and Java Brown. Only 7 seaters (both Captain chairs and other option available).
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just found out that if we book today, we will get the delivery in Dec last week or Jan first week. So, if you want to be the first BHPian to own it in 2010, you should book now

Three colors, Black, White and Java Brown. Only 7 seaters (both Captain chairs and other option available).
thanks hondadude, would like to atleast see it with the controls for 4x4. Want a 2010 manufactured vehicle, though I don't intend to sell it soon. But my last gaadi was delivered in last week of dec, this time to be better next year.

I too checked with dealers here, they are not aware of java brown color, which I insisted is available for AT 2WD, said will get back, may be tomorrow.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:00   #69
BHPian

Too good to be true

Quote:

I had been looking for a 4WD vehicle(aspiring Tata Safari) but last year Tata Motors dealer here didnt bother to work on Finance on my company name and after few trips which convinced me that there was no point in going for one- I visited the next door neighbour a Mahindra dealer who were prompt and I decided to buy a Scorpio but 1 USP they had was AT which unfortunately was not launched that time. I picked up a VLX in Black though I wanted Rocky Biege which dealer said was not available. No 4*4 in VLX either.
In between I picked up a used Safari as well and partly reclaimed my life!

1 year later my car was stolen. I was searching for Scorpio replacement- Endeavour AT and Fortuner both on the horizon- I was so confused. Of course Toyota helped a lot as they closed the bookings. While still tossing coins- yesterday morning read the news here at TBHP- scanned through Mahindra website. Called up G3 motors - from where I had picked up the earlier scorpio. As usual the sales person was clueless and stupid. Said he would call back but never he did.

I called up Mahindra helpline and also NBS- Company owned showroom. They took 2 hours to confirm availability of Scorpio 4WD AT.
1.Confirmed prices are still not available.
2.Options for seat - only bench seat in middle - NO captain seat - 7 seater option is (not ) available.
3.Only two colours option available- Black or White.
4.Booking 50K- expected delivery - 8 weeks.
5. No discounts ( as being made to order).

My confusion is over. I bought a candy with the coin I was tossing. Called the dealer, wrote a cheque, they have collected it today.

Based on what you have written, will try to get it (if available) in Java brown( though prefer rocky biege) and Captain seat - if available. If not, still - 4WD, AT at approx. 12.5 onroad max- is more affordable/VFM as compared to Endeavour 4X4 AT at 21 Lakhs -IMHO.

Now I am going to do R&D on anti theft systems for Scorpio.

Got the info before almost all in Mahindra itself and all dealers. Thanks. TBHP rocks!

Last edited by shatrughna : 24th October 2009 at 23:07. Reason: add ps
Old 24th October 2009, 23:23   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2.Options for seat - only bench seat in middle - NO captain seat - 7 seater option is (not ) available.

My confusion is over. I bought a candy with the coin I was tossing. Called the dealer, wrote a cheque, they have collected it today.
Congratulations on being the first BHPian to book at Scorp 4X4 AT. I will soon book one myself. One thing that I noticed is that the dealers are not very enthusiastic about selling this one.

Two dealers in Bangalore confirmed that Java Brown is available and that 4x4 AT is available only with captain seats but having experienced the knowledge/capability of Mahindra dealers, or the lack if it, I will believe it when I see it

One of the dealers here (India Garage) told me on Friday, "Sir, if you want to book this one, you will have to give us 2L as advance and a letter along with it stating that if you cancel the booking, we will keep 2L". I laughed that off and disconnected the phone.

Eight week of delivery time is confirmed as well. I was wondering if I should book a couple of weeks later so that the vehicle comes in 2010.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:40   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My confusion is over. I bought a candy with the coin I was tossing. Called the dealer, wrote a cheque, they have collec ted it today.

Based on what you have written, will try to get it (if available) in Java brown( though prefer rocky biege) and Captain seat - if available.Got the info before almost all in Mahindra itself and all dealers. Thanks. TBHP rocks!
The first mHawk 4WD A/T booked on T-BHP - congratulations! You should be able to get the captain's seat (CC) configuration 7-seater (my manual shift mHawk 4WD has it), but no MicroHybrid - apparently M&M has not developed a system yet to configure with A/T. No discounts either, but you can definitely ask the dealer for small freebies like footmats, gear lock (is there a compatible model of gear lock for the A/T??)/steering lock and perfume bottle. I was told delivery in 6 weeks, but finally got it in 10.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:40   #72
BHPian

Dealers are unenthusiastic, I guess, because they have less margins as Mahindra makes it on order and more so because they are selling well even without it.

Mahindra has company owned showroom at Mumbai and even there the staff , didnt know about it being available and the info about colours and seating options are from them and perhaps they are all clueless, they dont even have the confirmed prices as yet. Let a few days pass, they would get the fax/ email from the product manager, area sales manager etc and then they will be able to give concrete info.

If you want a 2010 car, then I suggest book it in the last week of Nov 09 or safer still is last week Dec09, then you may get a 2010 manufactured car. 8 weeks delivery would mean, perhaps assembling kit after reviewing the prduction plan- which I guess should be around 2-3 weeks. Also, some manufacturers tend to stop production in last 2 weeks of the year due to decline in sales in year end and to clear inventory if they have. If you book in dec end, then you may get car in Feb end. But knowing the quirky nature of M&M , may be they do something funny at Dec end and close the bookings of this version for a few weeks or months. So suggest you book it but sepcify to them that you are looking for a 2010 manufactred car.

Quote:
Congratulations on being the first BHPian to book at Scorp 4X4 AT. I will soon book one myself. One thing that I noticed is that the dealers are not very enthusiastic about selling this one.

Two dealers in Bangalore confirmed that Java Brown is available and that 4x4 AT is available only with captain seats but having experienced the knowledge/capability of Mahindra dealers, or the lack if it, I will believe it when I see it

One of the dealers here (India Garage) told me on Friday, "Sir, if you want to book this one, you will have to give us 2L as advance and a letter along with it stating that if you cancel the booking, we will keep 2L". I laughed that off and disconnected the phone.

Eight week of delivery time is confirmed as well. I was wondering if I should book a couple of weeks later so that the vehicle comes in 2010.

Last edited by shatrughna : 24th October 2009 at 23:42.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:41   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that Scorpio AT 4wd is out i have a question on its capability- i recently drove the new Endeavour Auto, this SUV has options to control upshifts like 1,2 and 3 plus a overdrive toggle switch when desired but when i drove Scorpio AT(2wd, haven't driven it properly yet) the only options i saw were 'D' and 'S', So i doubt its capability. Please enlighten this confused soul.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th October 2009 at 23:58.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Now that Scorpio AT 4wd is out i have a question on its capability- i recently drove the new Endeavour Auto, this SUV has a control has options like 1,2 and 3 plus a overdrive toggle switch to control upshifts when desired but when i drove Scorpio AT(2wd, haven't driven it properly yet) the only options i saw were 'D' and 'S', So i doubt its capability. Please enlighten this confused soul.
In Scorp, 'D' is for normal driving and 'M' (it is not 'S') is when transmission shifts to next gear after almost redlining in current gear. The idea is to use 'M' if you want to either rip the car or in the mountains (more likely scenario that former).

Now, I haven't driven endeavour AT but the way you have described overdrive switch, it sounds like tiptronic. Usually overdrive in the traditional AT was used on highways for better mileage. I haven't seen realistic usages of 1, 2 & 3 on AT cars, at least when I drove them in US. It is possible that they have applications in certain situations but I am not aware of it.

BTW, 'D' on Scorpio behaves in very weird way. It works well only if you accelerate gently. If you press the gas hard during the start, there is a lag. Also, the engine upshifts a bit too quickly IMO. However there aren't many choices when it comes to 4x4 AT.

Last edited by hondadude : 24th October 2009 at 23:51.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:56   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In Scorp, 'D' is for normal driving and 'M' (it is not 'S') is when transmission shifts to next gear after almost redlining in current gear. The idea is to use 'M' if you want to either rip the car or in the mountains (more likely scenario that former).

Now, I haven't driven endeavour AT but the way you have described overdrive switch, it sounds like tiptronic. Usually overdrive in the traditional AT was used on highways for better mileage. I haven't seen realistic usages of 1, 2 & 3 on AT cars, at least when I drove them in US. It is possible that they have applications in certain situations but I am not aware of it.

BTW, 'D' on Scorpio behaves in very weird way. It works well only if you accelerate gently. If you press the gas hard during the start, there is a lag. Also, the engine upshifts a bit too quickly IMO. However there aren't many choices when it comes to 4x4 AT.
Scorpio AT is good for road use but my concerns are for use in offroad enviornment. I have read some concerns from fellow bhpians about Scorpio AT's inability to hold gears in a corner.

I have been looking for a AT 4wd SUV at this price range for quite some time.

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th October 2009 at 00:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks