Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 17:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Damn! Even yesterday these guys told me the availability of Java Brown and Captain seats. I called the dealership again and they said that they confirmed after talking to the area sales office. I asked them to forward me an e-mail from Mahindra if the these configs are available.

One thing that I fail to understand is that if this config is made-to-order, it should in fact be easier to customize the vehicle to customer's preferences. It is not like they are going to run a batch of 1000 vehicles and they want to make the process more efficient
I too got the same information of only two color options. However I fail to understand why on made to order it cant be any other color !! This is their costliest scorpio (or for that matter costliest vehicle), please give these customers some choice.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:52   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I too got the same information of only two color options. However I fail to understand why on made to order it cant be any other color !! This is their costliest scorpio (or for that matter costliest vehicle), please give these customers some choice.
There are options being given in the version of engine(2.6 crde or 2.2 Mhawk, 2 WD or 4WD, AT or MT, then also in color- Black or white - so why complaining. Captain seat option / 8 seater option and colours are only thing that is not offered.

It still doesnt have seat height adjustment, lumbar support, electrically folding ORVMs, Xenons, touchscreen system with GPS and maps for navigation, DVD player and screen, reverse camera, front sensor, Sunroof, etc. and thats why its AT 4WD at approx. 11 Lacs Ex-showroom . And it has so many electronic features like tyretronic sensors, parking sensor with digital display, automatic lamps and rain sensor and voice assist system, music system with SD card and USB drive slots and many good things like lower maintenance cost or cost of ownership, good after sales backing.

Hope you order one for yourself soon. Be positive sir. So now please, write your check and send it to the dealer- sleep over it for few weeks till your phone rings.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
There are options being given in the version of engine(2.6 crde or 2.2 Mhawk, 2 WD or 4WD, AT or MT, then also in color- Black or white- so why complaining. Captain seat option / 8 seater option and colours are only thing that is not offered.

and thats why its AT 4WD at approx. 11 Lacs Ex-showroom .

Hope you order one for yourself soon. Be positive sir. So now please, write your check and send it to the dealer- sleep over it for few weeks till your phone rings.
Aha, totally agree. But cant understand if 2WD AT is in Java Brown Color, then why not 4WD , given the fact that 4WD had been my priority. Was waiting for it, not sure why. Had even shown that color to everyone at home telling our gaadi is going to be like that.

Now no other option other than White, (no no black as current black gaadi is too much of a task to maintain).

Check will be given in Dec or Jan 10 so that I get a 2010 manufactured gaadi. I guess around the time when your gaadi will reach in your hands

Last edited by tanwaramit : 28th October 2009 at 11:33.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:15   #94
BHPian

Another advantage of waiting till Dec / Jan for booking could be that by then may be they accept some orders for Java Brown colour too. Lets hope so. Even I wanted it in rocky biege colour as already had too many Silvers, blacks and whites.

Quote:
Aha, totally agree. But cant understand if 2WD AT is in Java Brown Color, then why not 4WD , given the fact that 4WD had been my priority. Was waiting for it, not sure why. Had even shown that color to everyone at home telling our gaadi is going to be like that.

Now no other option other than White, (no no black as current black gaadi is too much of a task to maintain).

Check will be given in Dec or Jan 10 so that I get a 2010 manufactured gaadi. I guess around the time when your gaadi will reach in your hands
Old 28th October 2009, 15:29   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

2+2+3 is the best seating configuration for Scorpio as adjustable and reclining mid row does seem less cramped and upright than the fixed middle row in 2+3+2 combination.

Mahindra should have offered the former configuration as standard for 4wd AT version.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
2+2+3 is the best seating configuration for Scorpio as adjustable and reclining mid row does seem less cramped and upright than the fixed middle row in 2+3+2 combination.

Mahindra should have offered the former configuration as standard for 4wd AT version.
Yes definitely agree that option should have been given for the seat configurations. While there may be some advantages in 2+3+2 as well ( e.g. the rear space and door is better utilised for seating as well as keeping luggage when loaded), Captain seat in the middle row looks and feels elegant and certainly more comfortable with the arm rests.

On a middle row bench seat version that we had we travelled with 2 kids and middle row is better for putting a baby asleep on it as its neither too far from the driver seat while wife was holding the baby and still talking to me while I was driving. The rear bench seat ( as in captain seats configuration) leaves too little space for luggage. It also presumably should be less jerky as compared to the third row bench seat and hence, there are times when bench seats in middle is useful as well. Reason for this being a default option ( side facing seats) in 7 seater could be that this seems to be more practical for luggage.

Lets hope M&M does offer the options for seat configs as well on this version alongwith colours.

Last edited by shatrughna : 28th October 2009 at 17:14.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:13   #97
BHPian

While browsing the Mahindrawebsite, found the following info quoted below.
Source:
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

Surprised to read that the it mentions that airbags are mandatory while Mahindra itself offers no airbags in the most of vehicles.

Research safety features
Safety should always be a top priority when shopping for a vehicle. Research the safety performance of any vehicle you are considering buying including how the vehicle performs in crash tests. It is now mandatory for all new cars to have airbags on the driver and the passenger side seats, check for them. Research what type of safety systems are in the car and choose the safest to protect you and your loved ones in the event of a collision.

Last edited by shatrughna : 31st October 2009 at 12:14. Reason: spellcheck
Old 31st October 2009, 20:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprised to read that the it mentions that airbags are mandatory while Mahindra itself offers no airbags in the most of vehicles.
Must be a cut/paste job that someone missed during proofreading.

BTW, I have booked my 4x4 AT today. I figure it is not going to come before Jan anyway, so might as well book now.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:56   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Must be a cut/paste job that someone missed during proofreading.

BTW, I have booked my 4x4 AT today. I figure it is not going to come before Jan anyway, so might as well book now.
congrats buddy. many are opting for the 4x4 scorpio. mahindra maybe regretting the fact that they dint offer the 4x4 mHawk earlier & in the process lost business in favour of tata!

by the way, you id would now change to mahindradude?!!!
Old 31st October 2009, 21:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
congratulations on being the second bhpian to book this vehicle. what color ? any discounts ? guess mine will be quite late compared to yours n Shatrughnas'
Old 31st October 2009, 22:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
congrats buddy. many are opting for the 4x4 scorpio. mahindra maybe regretting the fact that they dint offer the 4x4 mHawk earlier & in the process lost business in favour of tata!
Thanks Raj. Well, for me AT did the trick. I am just tired of driving in Bangalore stop and go traffic.

Quote:
by the way, you id would now change to mahindradude?!!!
he he. If I have to go back and start all over again, I wouldn't pick my current id. Not that I love my OHC Vtec any less now but that was a spur of the moment decision

Quote:
congratulations on being the second bhpian to book this vehicle. what color ? any discounts ? guess mine will be quite late compared to yours n Shatrughnas'
Thanks Tanwaramit. Discounts are out of question considering this is made to order. Dealer is willing to change the config to captain seats. Considering that there are only two color choices, I opted for Black. Dealer is committing delivery in second half of December. Lets see when it shows up.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:16   #102
BHPian

Congrats Hondadude! Good to know you booked it. Tanwaramit you are the one who is still waiting. Here's is a news. Yesterday a friend of mine went to a dealer and he got the news that in two months scorpio with airbags , bluetooth etc is expected. On hearing this I googled it and found a similar news at vicky.in dtd Sep 09. Now I am wondering if someone here on TBHP has any such news. Now keeping my fingers crossed as to whether we would get a similar config since already have booked it. In case, there is a possibility of getting the fully loaded one by waiting for another month, I wouldn't mind even at the cost of losing another 50k that I paid for booking. In anycase, I ll try to speak with dealer and see if same is possible. Chances are few that dealer as usual may have any info yet may be if I insist, they may revert with at least the news that may benefit other prospective buyers like you. Irrespective of what happens, surely a lot is cooking in M&M. The one grouse in scorpio , lack of airbags is most likely to get sorted out now.
Choice of colours and options for seating configuration remain limited but as hondadude mentioned at least seating options can be increased by the dealers , so more reasons to rejoice.
Old 1st November 2009, 19:16   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Hondadude! Good to know you booked it.
Thanks shatrughna.

Quote:
Here's is a news. Yesterday a friend of mine went to a dealer and he got the news that in two months scorpio with airbags , bluetooth etc is expected. On hearing this I googled it and found a similar news at vicky.in dtd Sep 09.
If I had known this yesterday, I probably would have held my booking for another month.

Quote:
In anycase, I ll try to speak with dealer and see if same is possible. Chances are few that dealer as usual may have any info yet may be if I insist, they may revert with at least the news that may benefit other prospective buyers like you.
I called up the dealer today and he said yes there is plan of Scorp with airbags but it could be December or it could be Feb. I told him to confirm with Mahindra and if there is a definite plan of Scorp with airbags in Jan/Feb, hang on to my booking till Scorp with airbags is available. Lets see what we find.

Quote:
Choice of colours and options for seating configuration remain limited but as hondadude mentioned at least seating options can be increased by the dealers , so more reasons to rejoice.
There is one limitation though. It could only be 7 seater. Wish Mahindra shipped a 8 seater scorpio with sliding middle bench.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:48   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your booking 4x4 AT. Has Mahindra launched 4 WD in Auto Version. There is no mention in the website. Has to go to the dealer and check it out. One of my cousin is interested. They have already launched the Xylo with Airbags. The scorpio is going to come with airbags sometimes in January. Here is the link.

Hot Scoops on Mahindra Scorpio, Xylo, Thar and W201 | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 1st November 2009, 23:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Congrats on your booking 4x4 AT. Has Mahindra launched 4 WD in Auto Version. There is no mention in the website. Has to go to the dealer and check it out. One of my cousin is interested. They have already launched the Xylo with Airbags. The scorpio is going to come with airbags sometimes in January. Here is the link.
Two of us have booked it so it sure is available in AT 4wd. I am just hoping that they add the airbags sooner than later so that I can get that model. The speculation is from Dec to Feb so lets see when it shows up.

Most Viewed