Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 20:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
So now am faced with 3 options
MileCruncher, option 2 sounds very tempting, BUT.... it will be a love-hate relationship for as long as you own it!

If you want to get on with the job, with the car always by your side as the old faithful, go for the Bolero!

And that is entirely my personal opinion! Have to say that. This is a very touchy issue here!
Wars are known to have started over it!
Old 9th February 2009, 22:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
MileCruncher, option 2 sounds very tempting, BUT.... it will be a love-hate relationship for as long as you own it!

If you want to get on with the job, with the car always by your side as the old faithful, go for the Bolero!

And that is entirely my personal opinion! Have to say that. This is a very touchy issue here!
Wars are known to have started over it!
so true! but now i have learnt to tackle it by adding 'disclaimers' and the end of my post!
Old 9th February 2009, 23:05   #33
BANNED

We at BBC (Bangalore Bolero Club - orkut) have a slogan:

Own One, Options Dont Matter.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

from a person who had, has all the three at some point or the other:

go in for the safari 2.2vtt,

apart from the small niggles, the safari will give you very very good service.

the bolero is no doubt a good vehicle, even i too wanted a crde bolero at one stage of because of its easy size in the city roads.

but for the highways and long journeys nothing to beat the safari.

i have a scorpio which i use only in the city cos of its ease to drive, but for highways nothing to beat the family vx.

would strongly suggest the lx vtt first and then the bolero crde.

reasons being: firstly the price and second since it will be mainly for highway usage.

ps: is the bolero price final? no more discounts?
Old 10th February 2009, 00:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quick Update

Hi, I think someone out there really knew what I wanted and helped me from losing focus

Option 1 - Still Available. Only drawback its not available in black

Option 2 - Dealer still offering only 1 Lac discount and there seem to other people who are willing to accept that. Hence looks improbable that my offer will get accepted.

Option 3 - Some rich kid who offered 6.9 +25k for insurance for the car and almost sealed the deal. Felt bad because it was a full black colour safari

Next course of action : Strategising how to get M&M to make a VLX in black either or by crook even if its by order.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I guess my life will not suffer if I don't get fully functional AC, electric ORVMs, Rear Camera on RVM et al.
Old 10th February 2009, 02:13   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Are you going to be mostly using it in the city or highways too? If it is mostly going to be a city runabout then Bolero is fine. If you want a comfortable highway cruiser then you cannot beat the Safari for the price you are getting it for.

I understand that there are some niggling issues with the safari, but it costs only about 6000 rupees to extend the warranty to 4 years and 150,000 miles and that should be enough peace of mind.

Personally I think that the safari issues seem to be related to poor quality control at the factory. Most issues are ironed out within the warranty period. You just have to be persistent.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:02   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Personally I think that the safari issues seem to be related to poor quality control at the factory. Most issues are ironed out within the warranty period. You just have to be persistent.
You understand it takes up a lot of your time and patience?
Old 10th February 2009, 11:40   #38
BHPian

My Bolero DI is 18 months old. Till date, i haven't had ANY issue (touchwood). That's Peace of Mind and that's all i need.

Old 10th February 2009, 17:21   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You understand it takes up a lot of your time and patience?
I know mate and to some extend it is a coin toss as there are people who get Safari's with no major issues and for some people it becomes a nightmare with repeated trips to the dealer. I just feel that if you are getting the Safari for the same price as a Bolero then it is a no brainer, the Safari is a much better buy than the Bolero for refinement and comfort. With the Scorpio I think it is a much closer call and a very personal choice.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Mr.Milecruncher - hello to you. The basic difference in the driveline of the Bolero VLX and the Scorpio is the axle ratio. Bolero VLX is 3.73:1, Scorpio is 4.3:1. The Bolero's tyre OD is slightly smaller. Therefore, in my opinion, for your kind of "cruiseability" that you are looking for, the Bolero VLX will fit your need perfectly. It is an excellent value for money product. Please PM me for more information and any further help that you may need in this regard.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th February 2009, 01:03   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Mr.Milecruncher - hello to you. The basic difference in the driveline of the Bolero VLX and the Scorpio is the axle ratio. Bolero VLX is 3.73:1, Scorpio is 4.3:1.

Behram Dhabhar
Maybe the leaf sprung rear suspension and smaller wheelbase in addition to a less powerful engine than the Scorpio?
Old 14th February 2009, 14:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Maybe the leaf sprung rear suspension and smaller wheelbase in addition to a less powerful engine than the Scorpio?
Of course, 4X4addict!
Mr. Behram is a veteran whose opinion can be taken as a verdict!
Old 17th February 2009, 17:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yippee!!!

Just a quick update: I wanted the Bolero VLX in black which it is not available in. So spoke to the RSM here. Today the sales guy from dealership just called that my black car has come. Off to see the beast in black.
Old 17th February 2009, 18:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats MileCruncher! So what is the final OTR price coming to? And what goodies are they giving you alongwith the vehicle? Any cash discounts?
Old 17th February 2009, 22:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

@Redliner

Ex Showroom Price Hyd : 6.96L
OTR : 7.86L
Discount: 42.5k (Mahindra Discount or price re-alignment) +4.5k(Dealer Discount)
Landed : 7.39L
Getting it financed in my wife's name coz HDFC is giving her a loan at 12% and I don't have address proof for Hyd.

Automotive is not budging anymore.
Anyone anymore tricks???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks