Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 18:17   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Can you please elaborate? Do you mean not getting 4wd installed aftermarket (not from M&M)? Or not getting it installed on a 2wd vehicle at all?

I once drove a (well maintained) Scorpio (2.6 CRDe) in the mountains and felt so unconfident throwing it over curves/corners. Lotta understeer, the car wasn't comfortable taking the turns. Didn't like the braking of the vehicle much too, very shaky. One other thing, I'd get a VLX Bolero 4wd around 9.5L with alloys, but I doubt I'd get a mHawk 4wd Scorpio anywhere less than 12L. Again for that price, I'd go for a Safari GX anytime.
I mean - please do not do an after market job unless the person who does 4wd conversion does it for a living. Now getting a MM540 or a similar jeep and getting her to 4wd mode is very easy. Get a front propeller shaft, get a transfer case and you're good to go. All these are available off the shelf. Not so for the Bolero DI Engine/underpinning. On a Bolero, the underpinnings, and the way its constructed is quite different. So I am not sure how a 4wd conversion would pan out. If it was so easy to be done, I am sure we would all buy 2wd Bolero's, chop the rear over hang, and get a more comfortable 540 style vehicle and add the 4wd ourselves. Why pay a lakh more for the 4wd version?

Moreover the 4wd parts for the Bolero DI Engine is different from the 540 series, and thus will work out to be a trifle more expensive. That said, it CAN be done - but please watch out on who does it for you.

I have never owned a Bolero, and thus have not gone into detailing - those who own one and have thought about this issue before, please help this chap out.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:55   #92
BHPian

Hi Log

I had a Bolero GLX (72bhp IDI) and now have a Bolero VLX CRDe. If you are going to use the 4x4 of a Bolero very often I suggest you go for the Di engine. Its got enuf low end torque even without touching the accelerator. The CRDe is more of a cruiser and less of a climber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Even I am a Bolero fan and am waiting to save enough to buy one. Had a word with the M&M guys in Noida about the VLX and was told that I do have the option of having a 4WD installed on it. The process is:

LoG
Old 4th May 2009, 10:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Update

Booked Bolero VLX. Will be taking delivery today
Old 4th May 2009, 10:41   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey man! Awesome stuff! Get some pictures pronto! Black boleros with beefy tyres and bling wheels are just gorgeous.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey man! Awesome stuff! Get some pictures pronto! Black boleros with beefy tyres and bling wheels are just gorgeous.
Danke Danke! Its a special request black. So going to keep it absolutely stock. No beefy and bling tyres. No black tint (I hate them). Only bigger mud flaps to kick up the "STORM"
Attached Thumbnails
Looking to buy a Mahindra Bolero CRDe-img00155.jpg  

Looking to buy a Mahindra Bolero CRDe-img00156.jpg  

Last edited by MileCruncher : 4th May 2009 at 11:21.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:30   #96
BHPian

Wowee, Congratulations MC, Groovy looking yaar. So, you at the dealership now? When you taking it home?

Last edited by suren181 : 4th May 2009 at 11:32.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:41   #97
BANNED

Congrats. Black has always looked good on the Bolero. Another friend of mine is getting a Black VLX delivered next week in Bangalore.

Now to crunch some miles.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:44   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Congrats. Black has always looked good on the Bolero. Another friend of mine is getting a Black VLX delivered next week in Bangalore.

Now to crunch some miles.
So I guess M&M has decided to include black in their VLX range after some customer feedback (read "My Feedback").
Old 4th May 2009, 11:51   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
So I guess M&M has decided to include black in their VLX range after some customer feedback (read "My Feedback").
Not sure if thats the case. Its still not available in thier brochures and the guy getting one insisted on Black. So its another custom coloured one.

Or probably they did one lot for all the folks cribbing about the colour.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:01   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Now only if enough customers could crib about 4WD, that would be nice !!
Old 7th May 2009, 12:18   #101
BHPian

Congratulations

On the Blackberry Storm err BlackBolero Storm

Wishing You Lakhs of HappyMiles on that.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Mods - Time to close the thread as the thread starter has started the Ownership Reveiw and the posting can be continued in that thred.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks