Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 18:15   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying a Used Tata Safari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
..I drove all the way from Bangalore to Udupi to check out this car (along with presents to his kids as I had got to know he has two kids from my phone conversion with him). Didn't even get invited into home nor was offered water atleast.
I really dont know what to say ! Here you are, so keen on wanting to buy that Safari. And there he is, not even extending basic courtesy for someone who has travelled so far to meet him - offering water is a fundamental gesture that is part of our ethos.

I sincerely wish you that you find a Safari - one that you will cherish. There will be some who are going to sell based on odo / years of ownership. Though many of us are holding on to ours.

All the best !
Old 27th November 2021, 18:42   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Though many of us are holding on to ours.

All the best !
I know!! You're all mean mean people!
As they say, where are the good ones? They're all taken.
I saw a few, but they were mechanically AND cosmetically poor. I wouldn't have blinked twice before putting down money if it was just the latter......

Last edited by mayankk : 27th November 2021 at 19:03.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 07:29   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Did you buy the Safari?
@HTC - did you check this one:

https://www.olx.in/item/tata-safari-...iid-1662297176

He says he is part of the SUG here. Color aside, you could check this one.
Old 29th November 2021, 15:45   #514
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post
You drove all the way? And with presents for his kids? If it were my car, I'd sell it to you just for that man! As owners, all we want is a loving owner who will continue to take care of the car the way we do.
That's true. I didn't give the gifts upfront as it would look like 'trying to influence the seller'. Just before leaving gave and said good bye. Not everyone loves their cars as TBHPians i guess.

Quote:
I sincerely wish you that you find a Safari - one that you will cherish. There will be some who are going to sell based on odo / years of ownership. Though many of us are holding on to ours.

All the best !
Thanks for wishes Condor. Since I have held on to my Figo TDCI for 10 years, I have all the luxury to opt for good new SUV without any guilt. But I am being bit conservative here by putting family and savings first than go after my fancies. Still a well kept Safari/Endeavour/Fortuner will be like win-win situation as it will not break my finances and also I would enjoy them more than now available pseudo SUV's ( no offence to any).

To give you some perspective, I have a 90's yezdi roadking. 1o yr od ninja 250, 13 yr old bullet electra, 10 yr old ford figo . I'm at peace with each one of them and enjoy each for their true character. Except for ninja, each holds a special nostalgic value for me. Between, I have booked a Thar diesel with possible delivery dates in next March. But mostly, I might not go for it. If new, it is going to be Gurkha for me. Just for relative space that Gurkha offers against Thar.

Quote:
@HTC - did you check this one:

https://www.olx.in/item/tata-safari-...iid-1662297176

He says he is part of the SUG here. Color aside, you could check this one.
Thanks for the reference. Yes, I had checked it in Olx. my preference is 4x4. Waiting for stars to align for one of our TBHPi member to part with his storme 4x4. Have to wait till January for that. It is an out of state vehicle and I will have to get it re-register it in Karnataka. Fingers crossed.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 06:38   #515

Hi All,

Please guide on pointers to lookout in an 2015 Tata Safari Storme EX (approx 50k run)? The car is on sale via a used car dealer.
Many thanks in advance !!!

Regards

Most Viewed