Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 09:12   #106
BHPian

So did you guys go ahead with the deal???
Coz ppl like me here are more anxious to know whether Zenx bought the safari finally or not
Lu€iFer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2009, 10:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And let us not even go to discussing about tail-gating or not. We all drive our vehicles the way we want, period.
Agreed. But, it would be best not to put a T-BHP sticker on the car if responsible driving is being thrown to the winds!
Old 15th February 2009, 10:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hope I am not being blunt, but you asked for it

The Safari requires more visits to the service station than a Honda. There are known issues w.r.t HVAC, PS and niggling Electrical issues with Safaris that are rare in a Honda. The service costs of a Safari w.r.t a Honda over the same mileage is atleast 20% higher.
Headers myself i am a Safari owner and is more than a year i have owned my Safari, and hardly i have been to the TASC, the service cost is nothing.

Please do not put wrong informations about a good vehicle...
Old 15th February 2009, 10:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Headers myself i am a Safari owner and is more than a year i have owned my Safari, and hardly i have been to the TASC, the service cost is nothing.

Please do not put wrong informations about a good vehicle...
Gowda, please do not start needless wars here!
The man is simply trying to provide some sincere help to another member. Even if he is being a little pessimistic, it will eventually come as a pleasant surprise to the new owner.
Please also check out TSK's threads about his ownership experience. So who is right?
Old 15th February 2009, 10:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Gowda, please do not start needless wars here!
The man is simply trying to provide some sincere help to another member. Even if he is being a little pessimistic, it will eventually come as a pleasant surprise to the new owner.
Please also check out TSK's threads about his ownership experience. So who is right?
I do not want to get into this which is needless and people know about this vehicle very well and need not keep telling about this vehicle again and again, which is indeed THE KING in its class.

Last edited by gowda79 : 15th February 2009 at 10:56.
Old 15th February 2009, 14:48   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Agreed. But, it would be best not to put a T-BHP sticker on the car if responsible driving is being thrown to the winds!

And when did you see Samuel having T-BHP sticker on his vehicle???
Old 15th February 2009, 16:25   #112
BANNED

Quote:
The Safari requires more visits to the service station than a Honda. There are known issues w.r.t HVAC, PS and niggling Electrical issues with Safaris that are rare in a Honda. The service costs of a Safari w.r.t a Honda over the same mileage is atleast 20% higher.
Well, I have never owned a Honda and in all probability, never will (nothing against the brand, my preference lies elsewhere).

There will be niggles in the first few months of a Safari ownership - my experience says so. Take a look at my ownership thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ng-report.html

The positive of this is that post the 3 month / ~7000 km mark, I have not made a single unscheduled visit for a niggle. I won't list the broken tie-rod bush at ~40000 km as a niggle.

Was discussing this aspect of Safari ownership with some friends the other day - if you buy a new one, you find out for yourself what the niggles are. If you buy a used one, esp. one that has done decent mileage in the initial months, the previous owner would definitely have sorted all niggles out, if any.

Service costs are measured in terms of distances. If you measure in terms of time, you are not driving enough.

No idea about the service costs of a Honda, though.

Last edited by hrag : 15th February 2009 at 16:28.
Old 15th February 2009, 16:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu€iFer View Post
So did you guys go ahead with the deal???
Coz ppl like me here are more anxious to know whether Zenx bought the safari finally or not

Darn! Lost focus!

Zenx, where are thou?

(The poor fellow will regret posting here! So much of pressure! )
Old 15th February 2009, 17:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Have made an offer. Yet to discuss it 1 on 1 given aero show trip plus Sunday activity at both ends. Life is really busy over weekends
Old 15th February 2009, 21:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
...given aero show trip ...

Hey, Zenx, did you witness the tyre burst scene?

Quote:
Bangalore: Two rear tyres of the US fighter jet F-16IN Super Viper of global aerospace major Lockheed Martin burst on Sunday afternoon while landing after a regular sortie at Aero India international air show, the company said, but added that no one was injured.

"Both the left and right rear tyres burst one after the other due to heat and friction. An indication that the right tyre was going to burst before landing was shown on the flight control panel before landing," Lockheed's test pilot Paul Randall told reporters near the runway.
The incident happened on the last day of the five-day biennial mega event being held at the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Yelahanka, about 20 km from India's tech hub.
The second or left tyre burst when Randall piloted the strike fighter to a screeching halt at the end of the runway.
"Since I knew the tyre was going to burst on landing, I didn't apply brakes and allowed the aircraft to wobble till the end of the runway," Randall clarified.
Old 16th February 2009, 09:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Darn! Lost focus!

Zenx, where are thou?

(The poor fellow will regret posting here! So much of pressure! )
Nah!! he got some precious info for which ppl like me visit this forum religiously every day without fail.So this much pressure is good too in a way
Old 16th February 2009, 09:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Missed the tyre burst bit - kids needed adequate refueling at frequent intervals
Pressure ? Hehe, not really - have already made my mind about *a* Safari. Whether its this one or not will - well - "take its own course".
Old 16th February 2009, 10:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with all your points, but have the following queries:
The safari is a pretty tall vehicle unlike a modern saloon car. Hence unless one is taligating the car in front very closely, [which maybe dangerous driving], the stones that fall off the tipper cant bounce to the height of the safari bonnet!
Now that's a sweeping statement. I'll leave it at that
Old 16th February 2009, 11:52   #119
Senior - BHPian

@ SUman: Well I didnt get you? Did I miss anything or say something that i should not have!
Old 16th February 2009, 12:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Now that's a sweeping statement. I'll leave it at that
Quote:
@ SUman: Well I didnt get you? Did I miss anything or say something that i should not have!
I think there is some confusion here about whether the stone falls directly from the tipper onto the bonnet or does it hit after bouncing off the road?

If it's a direct fall on to the bonnet, it can only happen in tailgating situations.
If it is a bounce, then what Headers has said is quite correct. The Safari in this case would take the hit somewhere on the front grille whereas a low slung sedan would have it landing on the bonnet!

Does that sound right?

Most Viewed