Team-BHP - Planning to get a Safari 2.2 - A bit apprehensive though
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Planning to get a Safari 2.2 - A bit apprehensive though (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/54426-planning-get-safari-2-2-bit-apprehensive-though-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1222520)
I went through that article todayplease: not one more.

How many safari's should we see in the making, now what a 1.5 ltr 180 bhp safari or what ?:)

Actually Pavan, this is an "all new" safari- as per insiders, this is a complete grounds up revamp of the Safari. the base engine will be the 2.2 dicor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1222520)
I went through that article todayplease: not one more.

How many safari's should we see in the making, now what a 1.5 ltr 180 bhp safari or what ?:)

When Mr Tata says it, we just sit back and wait for it to roll off the assy line.

Keep launching new models every alternative years made TATA products loose resale value very fast. TATA launched 2.2 in a hurry and they could ahve waited for new model with 2.2 engine and by 2009 end is right time to launch.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjagga (Post 1221994)
Read in TIMES OF INDIA (Interview with Ratan Tata), Tata to Launch New Safari at End of 2009. So Nishant you were right in your information.
Regards

Can you provide a link to the article pls ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1222677)
Can you provide a link to the article pls ?

The link is right, but the launch of future TATA cars are not mentioned here. its better you refer today's TOI issue.:)

'People's car, an idea whose time has come? - India Business - Business - The Times of India

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjagga (Post 1221994)
Read in TIMES OF INDIA (Interview with Ratan Tata), Tata to Launch New Safari at End of 2009. So Nishant you were right in your information.
Regards

So hopefully by 2012 they would have completed the customer testing and trials and have ironed out all the issues for the new model. I am not buying a first year Tata Model although I am sure it will be a very exciting Vehicle. I hate to be a 12 Lakh OTR Guinea pig.

I read the TOI paper, Ratan Uncle talked about xOver but not the new safari in his interview. A seperate box is shown on the corner of the page with a timeline of various models to be launched by tata. I would doubt if tata would launch both xOver and new safari by end of 09. Also we have always seen pics of new xOver but never a Proto 3G safari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 1222573)
Keep launching new models every alternative years made TATA products loose resale value very fast. TATA launched 2.2 in a hurry and they could ahve waited for new model with 2.2 engine and by 2009 end is right time to launch.

Regards,

Ravi.

This is a usual practice world over and a better option is that all other manufacturers also follow it rather then selling same models for 25 years.
2.2 VTT was not entirely new it was third iteration of same safari launched in 1998

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 1223004)
Ratan Uncle talked about xOver but not the new safari in his interview.

Yes, it should be the xOver with 4wd option that will be lauched, Ravi Kant also talked about it coming by end of this year when lauching the Xenon. No "new Safari" coming up as such.