Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 08:42   #31
R_R
BHPian

With a bad back, it is sometimes difficult to predict in advance which seats might be better for you. I have a very bad back, and I drive an Indica, which I find very comfortable. Sometimes when I am at home and the pain is bothering me, I feel like I should go sit in the car for a while! (Never tried it though, maybe I should!). Generally higher seats are better, of course, but some of the tall boy designs may be good too. Or how about a Maruti SX-4. Have neve sat in it, but it seems to have a high seat. An always use a pillow behind your back when you sit. Sincerely hope your back gets better (from a fellow-sufferer).
Old 6th June 2009, 10:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
With a bad back, it is sometimes difficult to predict in advance which seats might be better for you. I have a very bad back, and I drive an Indica, which I find very comfortable. Sometimes when I am at home and the pain is bothering me, I feel like I should go sit in the car for a while! (Never tried it though, maybe I should!). Generally higher seats are better, of course, but some of the tall boy designs may be good too. Or how about a Maruti SX-4. Have neve sat in it, but it seems to have a high seat. An always use a pillow behind your back when you sit. Sincerely hope your back gets better (from a fellow-sufferer).

Ya I agree the Indica front seats are very comfortable - especially for people with bad backs Even the Swift's front seats are good.

Cheers
Old 24th June 2009, 21:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

In the next few days or about a week I have to post pics of the Montero I am driving these days :-)

Unfortunately I am still evaluating.........

Cheers
Old 24th June 2009, 23:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

What model Montero are you driving these days ricky... the person from whom I bought my cedia sold his 2007 white montero to a dealer for 16.5lacs, was only 34k driven. this was in April 09.

My cousin is looking for a montero for a while and we missed the above deal as the guy sold the car couple of days before I got cedia from him.

You can get a 05 model montero for about 11-12... so why not montero...just that its hard to find a montero.

In between, I think you know much more about cars than me.. the only reason you sold your well modded lancer was because of bad back and you know the mitsu's capabilities, so I would say go for a Mitsubishi!!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th June 2009 at 23:18.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:36   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Depends on what you want,
Tucson is more refined with better interiors,engine performance and FE will be better,expect handling closer to a car and ride on good roads better.
While Pajero is strongly built it can swallow real bad roads better but interiors are very outdated and basic,do not expect any equipment and engine struggles on highways.
Old 25th June 2009, 10:57   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
You can get a 05 model montero for about 11-12... so why not montero...just that its hard to find a montero.
How I wish I could find one of those. I narrowly missed a year old Montero going for 22 lakhs (asking price). Deals are hard to find, not surprisingly when you consider the small numbers that this SUV has sold.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:11   #37
BHPian

Hi Ricky,

Is a new tucson still available from the dealer? I inquired about it here in bangy and the dealer said it is discontinued.
Old 25th June 2009, 12:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How I wish I could find one of those. I narrowly missed a year old Montero going for 22 lakhs (asking price). Deals are hard to find, not surprisingly when you consider the small numbers that this SUV has sold.
the new shape?? that would ve beeeeeennnn gr8. Please let me know if you come across the new model for the same price..

The asian motors guy who helped me find my cedia,told me that in April he got one 05 montero (silver colour, 75k driven) sold for 9.5lacs. and I was like maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn, its a steal!!!

and we have asked him get something like that for us as well, and he says 05 montero will be aroung 11-12 and the 07 montero I mentioned about earlier that was sold for 16.5lac is true.. the guy himself told me.

And you are right... its very hard to find this SUV as is very less in number!!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th June 2009 at 12:45.
Old 4th July 2009, 09:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Hi Ricky,

Is a new tucson still available from the dealer? I inquired about it here in bangy and the dealer said it is discontinued.

Tuscon is available only against advance payment & typically takes a month for delivery. If you can, wait for the Deisel CRV, something tells me the Vitara will also be available in another six months with a 1.9L DDiS

Cheers
Old 7th July 2009, 13:44   #40
BHPian

Thanks Ricky, one of the dealer here told me that I can get the delivery within 4-5 days of full payment..

Do you have any news/info about diesel CRV? I am not sure when it will be launched. Considering the price point of petrol one, I think it will be around 25L ex-showroom..

thanks
Old 7th July 2009, 20:59   #41
BHPian

isnt honda CRV a comfortable SUV??
a 05-06 CRV should be up for grabs for around 7-9 lacs. Its extremely reliable and cheaper to maintain as well.
Old 7th July 2009, 21:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
isnt honda CRV a comfortable SUV??
a 05-06 CRV should be up for grabs for around 7-9 lacs. Its extremely reliable and cheaper to maintain as well.
A CR-V isn't cheap to maintain by any yardstick.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought a Pajero. Tried Tucson but most I saw were badly maintained. So Pajero it is, started a thread

Cheerio

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd May 2010 at 08:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks