Old 28th April 2009, 17:32   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sen,

Pardon the ignorance, but if:
- 2 still & one video camera

All guns blazing!

must have surely got a lot many people thinking of the same...

Are you getting married all over again!!!

psst... Team Bhp aint blocked in my wife's office.

And 4 DVD (my GOD, DVD's) of music for a 40 kms drive: are you planing to cover these 40kms as part of the last leg of the journey from the showroom to the neighbouring state, to the one after that and then the return back home???

Certainly would have done that if it was not election the day after. Originally thought of something similar to ADCs straight from showroom north bengal tour. But then all I've driven on four wheels so far is an automatic santro. I need to practice a little before heading for the mountains.

Waiting for tomorrow!
Me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post

Man this is one huge festival Occassion for you, enjoy it.
Certainly it is.
I have not been to Kolkata in last five years during Durga Puja. This can't ofcourse recreate that magic, but still... one wouldn't say I haven't tried.
Old 28th April 2009, 17:37   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And 4 DVD (my GOD, DVD's) of music for a 40 kms drive: are you planing to cover these 40kms as part of the last leg of the journey from the showroom to the neighbouring state, to the one after that and then the return back home???
And just by the way - 40 minutes drive, not 40 kms
Old 28th April 2009, 17:46   #108
BANNED

I think he wants to drive for 40 minutes in 4L 1st gear - that *might* require 4 DVDs!
Old 28th April 2009, 18:25   #109
Senior - BHPian

Sen,

One suggestion that I would strongly give, taking your remark that anything close to 4 wheels you have driven is a Santro AT, is to be a tad bit more careful than usual! Please, especially with the excitement of the moment.

I say this because, even when moving from a small MT car to a SUV will take a bit time (varies from few minutes to few more minutes, depending on the drivers confidence) but here you also have the clutch and gear to be taken care of.

And what... not even 40kms... just 40 minutes drive! My GOD!

This is when I find the movie title "Gods Must be Crazy" a fit!
Old 28th April 2009, 18:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I think he wants to drive for 40 minutes in 4L 1st gear - that *might* require 4 DVDs!
Actually I am not sure what kinda music I will like then. So carrying everything.

Quote:
Sen,

One suggestion that I would strongly give, taking your remark that anything close to 4 wheels you have driven is a Santro AT, is to be a tad bit more careful than usual! Please, especially with the excitement of the moment.

I say this because, even when moving from a small MT car to a SUV will take a bit time (varies from few minutes to few more minutes, depending on the drivers confidence) but here you also have the clutch and gear to be taken care of.
I did take a test drive on the vehicle. When I started, our salesguy sat casually on the co-driver seat. Ofcourse I did not tell him my driving history.
Gave me this - look as soon as I stalled the engine in the middle of the traffic. Wore his seatbelts afterwards.

But, I am keeping this in mind that a new vehicle might have more stiffer controls that the TD vehicle. I had felt that bitterly in my bullet. (Was on the verge of crying while taking it home to BTM layout from the showroom at CMH Road - in bangalore).
So we are taking our driver along. After customary lemon crushing and stuff, he will drive it home.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:02   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

I would actually recommend you drive without ANY music at all for the entire drive. Get to know the sounds your machine makes, the creaks, the rattles, - all these can be identified right away and you dont have to wait to get the fixed.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I would actually recommend you drive without ANY music at all for the entire drive. Get to know the sounds your machine makes, the creaks, the rattles, - all these can be identified right away and you dont have to wait to get the fixed.
OT - I guess you also followed the same procedure while taking your delivery of Groceries Vehicle (Scorpio).

Last edited by gowda79 : 28th April 2009 at 19:54.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:00   #113
BANNED

Kindly ignore remarks from MEMBERS whose er... gear lever doesn't stand straight ;-)
Old 28th April 2009, 20:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

Just make sure to give some extra acceleration when taking the first time. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
... as soon as I stalled the engine in the middle of the traffic...
Quote:
... I had felt that bitterly in my bullet. (Was on the verge of crying while taking it home to BTM layout from the showroom at CMH Road - in bangalore)...
What with this "Bullet" and "Safari" thing? Too many of the same feather here!

Quote:
... So we are taking our driver along. After customary lemon crushing and stuff, he will drive it home.
Good idea!

And do not worry about comments made by muv's branded as suv's. As you see in an old advt. it is just 'neighbor's envy'!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2009 at 12:01. Reason: 2rd smiley removed on poster's request.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:34   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT - I guess you also followed the same procedure while taking your delivery of Groceries Vehicle (Scorpio).
OFCOURSE! I did not get a music system with my car directly from the showroom. I am cheap, you see. So I hummed Choli ke peeche all the way back. Ah, I did not even know the lyrics beyond that one line. By the time I got back I was delirious with Chholis and not the Scorpio.

Quote:
Kindly ignore remarks from MEMBERS whose er... gear lever doesn't stand straight ;-)
Well my gear lever is BIGGER than yours! And it even vibrates - ALL THE TIME! HAH!

Sen, I really did mean my advice in earnest. It was not meant to say that the Scorpio does not rattle or squeak less than the Safari. This is just good practice and sometimes I drive without any music just so that I can hear what is going on. A lot of times, your ears are your best friend to identify things that could be wrong with your machine when you are driving it. So enjoy the drive sans the music atleast for a little while to understand the growl better (there you Safari-maniacs is that a better message?

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th April 2009 at 20:42.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:47   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... This is just good practice and sometimes I drive without any music just so that I can hear what is going on. A lot of times, your ears are your best friend to identify things that could be wrong with your machine when you are driving it. So enjoy the drive sans the music atleast for a little while to understand the growl better (there you Safari-maniacs is that a better message?
Good advice there, Red Liner. One does have to listen to ones vehicles at times to know the good and bad of it. I do that when I used to drive my brother Sumo (but never for the Qualis!!!) and also on my humble Alto. Most of the issue have a way of sounding their arrival, so better to catch them early.

But bad timing to give this advice, wouldn't you say? Here is one guy all beat up with his new buy and you say this. We all know Safari has its own share of troubles, but we can keep those advice at least till he has taken the vehicle home.

PS: All here are maniac's in one way or another, about their vehicles.

PSS: One of this and I am sure to get a infraction, if not for this itself!!! <duh!!!>

Last edited by HappyWheels : 28th April 2009 at 21:01.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:40   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

I will say this and end this diatribe - hearing the growl of your new car is akin to bliss, nirvana, a profound high which only the sages in the Himalayas achieve. Much akin to engaging your car's gear lever for the very first time and smoothly caressing her rev's until she gently nudges you, almost saying enough is enough - Everything after the run-in. Much like your shy 18 year old girl from that austere brahmin family, you could not get your eyes off every morning - as she smiled upwards to you from the parking lot.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:40   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Well my gear lever is BIGGER than yours! And it even vibrates - ALL THE TIME! HAH!
If this happens even with the engine off, hmm..

Quote:
This is just good practice and sometimes I drive without any music just so that I can hear what is going on. A lot of times, your ears are your best friend to identify things that could be wrong with your machine when you are driving it.
This I agree with. Also learn to watch the exhaust smoke (or lack of it) in the RHS ORVM.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:30   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
i cant understand this cold war happening between scorpio & safari owners in every thread of T-BHP. if any scorpio owner advises a safari owner, the safari clan gets offended.
i will ask all my friends over here, who are PROUD safari owners- have you seen any of us yell at you for posting/remarking/advicing in any scorpio thread???

all of us are matured individuals over here & are expected to behave that way. we have bought our respective vehicles from our own hard earned money & its our own choice. we all have different priorities. we love it & will continue to do so, irrespective of what others say! why do we have to show that 'mine is better than yours' attitude? what difference does it make to others?

this is not to offend anyone but a humble suggestion that lets get together & end all differences here itself. for those who feel i am right, well and good. for those who dont, i feel sorry for them.

MODS: if you feel this post is OT, you can delete it. thanks.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:15   #120
BANNED

Nice posts. Keep them coming. LOL.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks