Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 07:12   #1
BHPian

A couple of Toyota Innova questions

Friends,

I am in the final stage of going for an Innova. To close my decision, need some inputs from you. my questions are:

1. Have any of you bought an innova and later thought that you should have bought a sedan instead?
- if yes, what were the top reasons for thinking so?

2. Have any of you bought a GX model of Innova (or some G variant) and later thought that you should have bought the V (top end) variant?
- if yes, which feature did you miss most?

mods, if these specific aspects were covered in any other thread, kindly close this one and point me to it (I did my search, but didnt find any)

Any comments, feedbacks on innova ownership (specifically the top reasons for buying an innova instead of a sedan) would help.

Thanks!
Old 7th April 2009, 10:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 View Post
1. Have any of you bought an innova and later thought that you should have bought a sedan instead?
NOT AT ALL. ths innova is much better than any sedan in that price range in terms of comfort & space. yes, if you are a racer (!!!), you will be disappointed as you wont get the high speed stability of a civic. innova's ride quality is also not comparable to a sedan, but of course! but that does not mean its bad in any way. rest assured, apart from this, you wont face any issues in the innova. toyota service is fantastic but expensive.

Quote:
2. Have any of you bought a GX model of Innova (or some G variant) and later thought that you should have bought the V (top end) variant?
please buy the VX for airbags & ABS. (does the GX come with ABS?)
a innova without ABS has pathetic braking. all remaining features in VX are cosmetic.

reasons you should buy a sedan over an innova:
1) you are more interested in top speed, aerodynamics, high speed handling & stability.
2) if you are 5'5", you may feel innova is so huge that you are actually wasting precious space on the road.
3) you feel innova looks like a delivery van!
4) you are more interested in petrol.
5) you like performance upgrades, cosmetic modifications or fat exhausts. ( in that case,go for a civic)
Old 7th April 2009, 10:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Friends,

I am in the final stage of going for an Innova. To close my decision, need some inputs from you. my questions are:

yes, but only for a high revving petrol and a higher top speed.
sometimes the innova feels a bit big.

if you can raise your budget get it. the abs and airbags are a great addition. the wheels on the innova without abs to tend to lock up easily but the braking is not bad at all by any means..

mods, if these specific aspects were covered in any other thread, kindly close this one and point me to it (I did my search, but didnt find any)

Any comments, feedbacks on innova ownership (specifically the top reasons for buying an innova instead of a sedan) would help.
well if you want a big muv which can seat more than 5 comfortably then the innova is perfect. if your never going to seat more than 3-4 people and are just looking for high top speed etc then the innova isnt for you.

the innova is just like a big sedan. lol

Thanks!
my answers in bold.^^^
Old 7th April 2009, 15:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
sedan instead?

sometimes, but when I recall waterlogged streets and approaching broken and cracked highway patches @ 80kmph, I shrug back.

I have a G1 and wish I had bought the E with AC and PS only.
For more info visit:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...va-g1-d4d.html
Old 7th April 2009, 15:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good questions GS300, Innova is very good vehicle. It can seat 6 Adults comfortably and can take loads of luggage.

I found around 100kmph its as stable as Sedan beyond that also its not like SUV because its MUV its handling is very good even at high speed.

Top End Innova is worth for ABS/AirBag and pure attraction over other models for cosmetic luxury feel touches but with premium.

I found it has got excellant ride in highway and quiet ok ride in bad roads but still it was better than Sedan. Innova with Michellin tyres rides better than one with goodyears. Thats what I experienced.

Overall Innova is very good package.

Ravi.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

You can go for V model if budget permits.comes With
Automatic climate control.
Audio controls on steering wheel.
ABS.
Airbags.
Third row AC vents(I'm not sure if G also have).
Alloy wheels.
Rear parking sensors.
Best disel vehicle in that range with all the bells & whistles of a sedan.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:54   #7
BHPian

Ans- No not at all, never felt like that. Infact we have a sedan (Honda city) since it could not carry more than 5 people and becacuse of low ground cleareance, we went to Innova without any doubts.

Ans- One of my cousin owns a G (Diesel variant) which comes with three row A/C, power windows and power mirrors. According to him he miss ABS & Climate control a lot.

you will def miss out ABS, Airbags, Climate control, audio control on streeing, parking sensors and especially crome pacakage which will really add to its looks.

According to me its worth the extra cost which you pay on VX variant.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:03   #8
BHPian

Thank you dear friends, for your suggestions and perspectives!

I have decided to go for the 2.5 GX. the 'V' was really tempting and I wanted ABS..but the difference of nearly 2L was too much of a deterrent.

Hence I convinced myself to go with ‘G’, promising myself that I am now allowed to spend some money for accessories

So, if you have any advice on accessories that are useful, kindly suggest – I see that Innova has many dealer-provided accessories (like real spoiler, corner guard, reading light, visors,….)

Once again, thank you for all your suggestions...
Old 10th April 2009, 10:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Have you considered Mahindra Xylo?
Old 10th April 2009, 10:34   #10
BHPian

rear sensors are a must for parking the bus!
Old 10th April 2009, 11:21   #11
BHPian

Hi GS300,

Good to hear that you are joining The innova club, get your car from ravindu toyota, you will be treated well and sales are more responsible that the other toyota outlet in bangalore. Pls recomfirm the date of delivery before booking if not they keep postponing the delivery date, accessories are costly in ravindu when compared with nandi, take the quotes from both the dealers before finalizing on assessories.

I got mine from ravindu toyota.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2009 at 13:30. Reason: ... and please type in full
Old 10th April 2009, 11:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, if you have any advice on accessories that are useful, kindly suggest – I see that Innova has many dealer-provided accessories (like real spoiler, corner guard, reading light, visors,….)

Once again, thank you for all your suggestions...
consider rear sensors & rear spoiler. i hope the GX comes with fog lamps, else even that is a necessity.
toyota is stingy, so you will have to buy floor mats & mud flaps too.
Old 10th April 2009, 13:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Have you considered Mahindra Xylo?
well..with all due respect, Xylo reminds me of a large squirrel
Old 10th April 2009, 16:20   #14
BHPian

Hi GS300,

I have a Innova G1 and no regrets for buying it. The ride comfort is excellent.

The G1 variant does not have AC vents for second and third row seats, and I sometimes feel that I should have gone for the G4 variant. At the time of purchase, the G4 was costlier by almost Rs.1 lakh. I had to stretch myself to buy the G1, and hence dropped the idea of buying G4. The V series has ABS, air bags and alloy wheels apart from the AC vents for second & third row seats; but was costlier by Rs.2 lakhs and hence totally out of my budget. I have not felt i am missing the ABS, because the braking is quite effective during sudden braking also.

Regarding accessories, go for the following
1. Sun control film for sides, rear window and the front windshield.
2. Autocop central locking
3. Rear parking sensors
4. Music system (not sure if the current GX version comes with factory fitted one)

Check the price from outside and use that to negotiate with the dealer. In the current market scenario, they are willing to negotiate prices. I purchased the car & all accessories from Ravindu Toyota.

My recommendation on any accessory which involves electrical wiring - get it through the dealer itself to avoid warranty void problems.

Floor mats & mud flaps will be given as complimentary from the dealer. If they have not provided, please ask; they will give it.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:56   #15
BHPian

Hi GS300,

Which model of the Innova did you decide to buy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks