Team-BHP - Mahindra Xylo or Toyota Innova Chevrolet Tavera?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   Mahindra Xylo or Toyota Innova Chevrolet Tavera? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/57066-mahindra-xylo-toyota-innova-chevrolet-tavera.html)

Hi mates.

I m a confused dude here:Frustrati. Was planning to buy Xylo, booked it and it took a long time and now it is about to delivered. The dealer has promised delivery this week. But, as i was getting my Finances togeother. I was offered a used Innova and a Tavera.

Tavera is 2008 Top End model. Has pilot seats in the middle row, Has 3 row ac. But im somewhat not comfortable with the vehicle. It has no pulling power or pickup. No, this is my last choice.

Innova is 2007 G4 model. Run about 30K kms. It is prime condition and is almost new exepct for a bodily scractches which is expected when u drive in the city. It has 3 Row ac. IS a 8 seater. Has Pinnoer HD with LCD monitor. Offered at about 7.5 lac.

The other one is the Xylo E8 model. No need to gvie out the details i guess. everyone knows what u get in a E8 model.

I m confused. I have to make a decision by end of today. Pls gimme ur suggestions.

Will post pics of Innova and Tavera in one hr.

Archish, according to me buying a used car above 7 lacs is a gamble taking the maintenance etc into consideration. if you have made up your mind go for Innova!

i test drove Xylo sometime back and was very impressed with it, engine is smooth, great pick up and very good on bad roads...

with that kind of budget, I would not look at buying a second hand car. Can I suggest the Grande as well? I don't find it in the options list that you mentioned but is certainly a good car if you can live with some CHEAP plastics!

Go for the Innovation after looking into it's service history, maintenance record and legal papers.

A Toyota @ 30k kms is as new as brand new!

forget the tavera. its no good compared to the innova or the xylo. had it been a new innova base model compared to the xylo e8 i wouldve suggested xylo. but this is the middle variant innova with about the same features as the xylo except for that mid. i think you should take a test drive and decide. the innova is much better built and has more car like handling.

Innova - Good Vehicle Reliable engine, but check the Service History before deciding on it.
Xylo - As Lohit said it is Good Vehicle and you can go with it
Tavera - Good Vehicle, but not heard much about it
Sumo Grande - Good Vehicle and Good Engine, Can go with it

If you are ok with used vehicles check the service history of the innova and go for it. The engine should easily last around 2L kms without a hitch. The innova is still under waranty too.
G4 is just below top model. It misses airbags, abs, airbags, alloys, electric ORVM etc.
If you are looking fr used innovas try and hunt for the v model.

Tavera is out of the window. As my mom put it when she sat next to me when i TDed it "Feels like sitting in a Tourist Cab. It has no personal feel to it."

Innova. I have TDed the car. Its excellent. As good as new. Has a perfect service record. Just now talked to Lanson Toyota. Papers are all current. Insurance till March 2010. Tyres are only 1500 kms old.

Sumo Grande. Chanceless. I like my car to be fast. That is the reason i feel in love with Fiat Siena 1.6 inspite of its pathetic FE. I also have to feel safe at 120 kmph. Grande caters none of my requirements. I personally feel that they should have just named it Grande. TATA should have not given a Sumo label to it. Now it carries a Cab image.

Xylo. I have TDed it million times. I TD it everytime i pass thru the showroom. I like the car. I love this vehicle. I know its advantages and disadvantages. I dont want another white elephant in my stable. Siena is a compulsive drinker and i have it already.

I think it should be 90% innova.

Mind tells me Innova. Heart goes to Xylo. :Frustrati

Pics of Innova and Tavera Soon.

My 2 cents

1) Innova- Nice MUV, with good space and quality interiors.
2) Sumo Grande- Good VFM MUV with SUV looks, and space
3) Xylo -
4) Tavera- GM=a big NO NO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archish (Post 1267999)
Sumo Grande. Chanceless. I like my car to be fast. That is the reason i feel in love with Fiat Siena 1.6 inspite of its pathetic FE. I also have to feel safe at 120 kmph. Grande caters none of my requirements. I personally feel that they should have just named it Grande. TATA should have not given a Sumo label to it. Now it carries a Cab image.

Have you TD'ed Sumo Grande, the engine in it is a Dicor 2.2 VTT @ 120BHP and i do not think you can get better engine than this compared with other vehicle mentioned in this thread.

I agree with the Cab image of Sumo.

it seems you drive fast. the innova is much more stable than the xylo at high speeds. it boils down to whether you want a new car or a used one.

boil down your requirements to used innova and new xylo, and also if you can get used V model, its far better then this one.

With your post, Archish, I would say that you better place your bet on the Innova. You will have much better peace of mind and comfort later.

And for speed, Pete it mate! :D

Archish - why do you feel the XYLO would be a white elephant ? the type of reviews it has got and going by the sucess of recent M&M vehicles i dont see a reason why it should be a white elephant

also - if u intend to keep the car for 5+ years, better to go for a new car because even if the resale is not as good as Innova ( actually no one knows how the resale of XYLO would be but even if you were to assume so ), a new car today is anyday better than a 2 year old car

go for the XYLO

Out from the options, innova hands down, driven one for a few hundred KMs and was very stable and felt safe, superb ride quality and the person who owns it said very negligible maintainance.
But my personal choice will still be a good condition qualis. They still are the best according to me, thats why didnt sell mine