Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 10:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

You have got a good vehicle looks very clean.did you purchase the vehicle from the dealer or private person?
Were all the 4 wheels stolen & on what tires the vehicle is running?
Old 21st July 2009, 14:03   #32
BHPian

I bought it from a private person. The owner said all the wheels were stolen. The car was parked in a very quite area when the owner was out of town. He has one parking space where he parks his sedan and thats why it was kept outside at night.

Its running on Bridgestone Turanza tyres.

One question: Is the spare wheel also alloy on the Innova V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
You have got a good vehicle looks very clean.did you purchase the vehicle from the dealer or private person?
Were all the 4 wheels stolen & on what tires the vehicle is running?
Old 21st July 2009, 18:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

yes, the spare wheel is alloy on the innova V.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:24   #34
BHPian

I am having a great time driving the car to work mostly in Bangalore. Handling is great and the 2.0 engine moves out of the blocks very fast. The height and the width of the car took some time to adjust but after 2-3 days I am fine with the change. I expected parking back first to be a problem, but I've seen no issues yet.

The long gear throw still bothers me, but I've found I need lesser gear changes than my Santro. I need to give up the habit of resting my hand on the gear knob as its pretty far away now!

A lot of people have been advising me to get a rear spoiler. I feel it really spoils the look of the Innova. However I've seen plenty of rear spoilers with huge dents on the road. Makes sense to get one? What about rear parking sensors? I think I should be OK without those.

Last edited by litesaber : 21st July 2009 at 20:25. Reason: spelling + added one line
Old 21st July 2009, 20:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, the spare wheel is alloy on the innova V.
This ties up with the owners story of all wheels getting stolen. The spare wheel is also steel. I wonder how fast these thieves must be to remove all the wheels ahd vanish in the middle of the night!
Old 21st July 2009, 23:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I am having a great time driving the car to work mostly in Bangalore. Handling is great and the 2.0 engine moves out of the blocks very fast. .
Ok you may have been asked by many people, what is the average/fuel efficency you're getting with a/c and w/o a/c in city and highway?
Old 22nd July 2009, 00:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am having a great time driving the car to work mostly in Bangalore. Handling is great and the 2.0 engine moves out of the blocks very fast. The height and the width of the car took some time to adjust but after 2-3 days I am fine with the change. I expected parking back first to be a problem, but I've seen no issues yet.
be careful of the outside RVMs. they are XXXXL!

Quote:
A lot of people have been advising me to get a rear spoiler. I feel it really spoils the look of the Innova. However I've seen plenty of rear spoilers with huge dents on the road. Makes sense to get one? What about rear parking sensors? I think I should be OK without those.
i feel rear spoilers really improve the innova's bland back. if at all, you plant to install one, opt for the ones which DO NOT have brake lights (LEDs) in them. after a certain period, water seeps into it & its turns black! even some LEDs stop working & then it looks miserable.
dont opt for reverse sensors if you dont need them but they can be helpful.
any plans to go for new alloys?
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i feel rear spoilers really improve the innova's bland back. if at all, you plant to install one, opt for the ones which DO NOT have brake lights (LEDs) in them. after a certain period, water seeps into it & its turns black! even some LEDs stop working & then it looks miserable.
dont opt for reverse sensors if you dont need them but they can be helpful.
any plans to go for new alloys?
Raj,

The Innova already has rear spoilers - the ones without the lights. I meant the rear guard and not the rear spoilers! I've seen very bad chrome covered and even Aluminum types. What do you think about the rear gaurd? Alloys are tempting - still thinking about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Ok you may have been asked by many people, what is the average/fuel efficency you're getting with a/c and w/o a/c in city and highway?
Anil,

I've not measured the mileage yet. Hope to get between 8-9 in the city and 12 on the highway. On the same note, I went to a Shell bunk and the attendant came up and asked 'Unleaded or Shell Super Petrol'. They sure train these guys well. I did not expect him to recognize a Petrol Innova!
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj,

The Innova already has rear spoilers - the ones without the lights. I meant the rear guard and not the rear spoilers! I've seen very bad chrome covered and even Aluminum types. What do you think about the rear gaurd? Alloys are tempting - still thinking about them.
I am against rear guards, on any cars. they really spoil the appeal of the car. it makes the innova look like a tourist car or call centre cab! i would advise you against it, but if you really want to install them, opt for the aluminim ones, they are bad... but not pathetic like the chrome ones!

on the other hand, nothing will improve the looks of your vehicle the way a set of good alloys would. chrome plated or black machined alloys would look awesome.

on the same note, i saw an innova in pune, he had painted the car in orange, had ill-fitted body claddings, bumper skirts & side skirts, orange coloured window tints, black painted bonnet (not carbon fibre!) with silver dummy bonnet scoop, rear spoiler gimmicking that of an EVO, chrome inserts on lights, handles, ORVMs, and BEST OF ALL... spinner alloys!!! no stickers of any pete's box or atleast K&N! all show & no go! that was the worst innova i saw till date.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

First get her a nice set of alloys,but not the bing ones.
Check if your spare tire is OE alloy,else ask the owner,what had happened to it?
pls don't put any crash gaurd,doesn't appeal good for Innova.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the sentiment here, alloys make sense if you want to spruce up the looks. Do remember to get chunkier designs. Wired designs look horrible on large cars.

The rear nudge guard is a decent addition I believe. People have a habit of banging into stationary cars :(. Try and get black ones and not steel/chrome. I haven't seen them on anything but Endeavours. Hopefully they are made for others as well. Congrats on the purchase!
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:56   #42
BHPian

Many congratulations on your purchase. To your question on parking sensors, I would suggest you get them installed. They do not cost a lot (and come in black colour as well), but can be really useful. I have a 2-sensor kit (Rs 1.2K) installed in the Endy along with a rear view camera (Rs 6.5K). Rear guard looks quite bad IMHO. Cheers
Old 11th August 2009, 10:40   #43
BHPian

mileage update

I am getting 8.5kmpl in the city and 11.5 on the highway. Went on a trip to Rangantithu last weekend and measured using full tank to full tank method.

I am looking to get a carrier and would really like a black colored one. The Toyota original as well as ones like Classique are all Aluminum. Any recommendations for a sporty looking roof carrier. I've spoke with the local Thule distributor and got a quote for 25k for the roof carrier and 30k for the one with a box. Looking to spend max 9-10k.
Old 28th October 2012, 15:40   #44
BHPian

Hi Litesaber, I was trying to reach you over PM regarding your Innova. Requesting you to PM me with your contact so that we could connect.
Old 29th November 2012, 10:38   #45
BHPian

Re: Please help: MUV/SUV or Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Hi Litesaber, I was trying to reach you over PM regarding your Innova. Requesting you to PM me with your contact so that we could connect.
PM sent. Somehow missed this msg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks