Team-BHP - My Toyota Innova story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   My Toyota Innova story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/57966-my-toyota-innova-story-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmmurali (Post 1298829)

Are these discounts and freebies typical or can I bargain for more in Hyderabad?

You need to pull the marketing guys to get more accessories and even the discounts you can get more just bargain for more.

Congrats even before you book for your Vehiclestupid:

#15 Ravi,
Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

The dealer now says the red Diesel VX 8 seater is gone now and they have a Champagne Mica which costs 5000 INR more. It will take some time for our company lease procedures to finalize, looks like I have to wait for a week to take delivery. I will keep you all posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 1299742)
You need to pull the marketing guys to get more accessories and even the discounts you can get more just bargain for more.

Congrats even before you book for your Vehiclestupid:

Thanks Raghu. I guess I need to resort to some arm twisting strategies :deadhorse

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Hi Gmmurali
Even I sold my Ford Fiesta and i'm planning to buy the Toyota Innova diesel 'V' model.I have inquired from the local dealer and other dealers in my state but none of them are offering any discounts.You need to book the vehicle and the delivery time is 10-12 days.

They were selling 35-40 vehicles till Dec,2008 with some discount but now they are selling 25-30 vehicles without any discount.They say that the company has reduced the production of cars and usually only mfg. on the demand as earlier production was in full swing so they had to give discounts in order to get rid of the stocks.The same story goes for other big mfrs. as well (I got to hear the same story from a Volkswagen dealer as well).

#18 Hi braveheart77,
Thanks for the information. This one dealer I am dealing with is ready to offer 20000 cash discount and I bargained for a free rear spoiler + Mats and Mudflaps on Diesel VX buying through company lease program. I have decided to put 20000 initial deposit money until this lease process works. That's the best I could work out. The other 2 dealers in the city are more rigid.

I did some price research on leather seats/covers

Dealer has Toyota's Touch leather seat covers (only body touch part is leather) regular ones for 36K and perforated for 37K. For the new 2009 and my color Champagne Mica he says the perforated ones are a better match. He's willing to give it for 33K in first round of bargaining. He says the leather is 1.8mm thick upon inquiring to compare apples to apples with Stanley ones.

Went to Stanleys in Panjagutta.
Touch Classic - 0.9 mm thickness - 34.5K
Touch Satin - 1.2mm - 39.9 K just covers; 44.5K including door trim, gear knob, hand brake
Scandanavia - 1.6-1.7mm - But not available in touch, it's full leather. Would cost 70K+, so dvelve into much details.
But the salient feature with Stanleys is they take off the original fabric and stitch the leather, so it's not a seat cover, it's a seat fabric replacement.

PROS:
1. With tough young sons (4+ and 2+), I think covers is a better option as they can be easily changed
2. By retaining the original seat, when the leather seat covers wears out in the next 5-6 years, we could just throw them away and use the original seats
3. I am not comfortable modifying any original equipment.
CONS:
1. Seat cover fitment may not be perfect compared to Stanleys.

Considering everything, for my requirement, I am going to opt for Dealer's Toyota Touch Leather seat covers. He might come down by another 1-2K

[SIZE=2]Finally got the delivery of my Innova. I opted for Toyota Perforated Leather seat covers as they match 2009 Innova interior colours. List price: 37K, Final price paid: INR 32K. Got a free Venkateswara Idol and a gift box with dry fruits. The free rear-spoiler of this colour is not available. Need to wait for few more days for it.
Here are some photographs:
[/SIZE]

Heartiest congratulations Gmmurali,great car and colour and the leather seat covers also look nice.Happy mile munching..cheers

Congrats on the purchase , somehow i knew that at the end you would buy the diesel version and believe me you will never regret the decision.
Once again congrats.

Congratulations! It looks great. One question where the rear parking sensors free from the dealer? I see just two of them. Do you think thats a drawback compared to the standard 4 parking sensors?

congrats murli. i am sure you will enjoy your "innova" experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesaber (Post 1328063)
Congratulations! It looks great. One question where the rear parking sensors free from the dealer? I see just two of them. Do you think thats a drawback compared to the standard 4 parking sensors?

i think they are standard on the VX variant.

Thanks for all your good wishes. It's a very practical vehicle. I am so fixated on Innova and didn't even test drive any other.

The two parking sensors are standard on V/VX. I find their usability adequate.

Having owned a innova for more than 160k kms, i strongly suggest you to get rid of those CRAPPY Goodyear GT3. I am currently running stock size Turanza ER-60. Way way better than GT3. Something worth upgrading at any cost. Refer to Tyre section for other options.

Nice color, Enjoy the innovating experience.

Gmmurali I wish you and your family best of luck for your new Innova. I have also booked Innova vx Diesel, Eagerly waiting for the delivery date. Tell me about the Music system, how good the sound quality is? , got any USB input ? , did you install V-Kool?

#27 Thanks Sharad. I will look into it.

#28 Rajujey, Music system is great but my biggest gripe is they didn't give any external like line-in/USB to interface my Ipods. I need to go back to the stone ages and start burning MP3 CDs :Frustrati
I am assuming V-Kool is tinted glass. I have to wait until the permanent registration is done.

Hi Murli, great buy. I plan to own one in near future too. So keep posting your experience.

A query: It is only seat cover or a complete leather upholstry? Any idea how much a full leather upholstry will cost?