Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 16:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sawyer. Hope to cross your Gypsy sometime, somewhere in Pune.
+1 to the list of envious people
Old 14th September 2009, 16:56   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
@GTW - This is the grille back on the bonnet by the windscreen, I believe it lets rainwater in, and other sundry rubbish as well. I read this here, and also the recommendation to close it up on day 1 to address this.
This is a good idea. I have never got around to doing it on my Gypsy and even now I have water coming in to the footwell area when it rains heavily.

I have 90/100 bulbs on my Gypsy as well but the are wired via a relay. No probs to the reflectors.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 14th September 2009, 19:10   #153
Senior - BHPian

Coolant tank leak?

While the car is getting the steering done, I noticed engine coolant drops on the floor, and some of it spilled in the engine bay.
I notice that there is only one tube that runs from the top of the radiator to the coolant plastic tank - I had thought there would be two, one running back to the radiator?
The underneath of the coolant tank was wet with coolant when I ran my hand below it. The tube running into the tank seems to have a good joint, and the coolant tank cap seems tight enough. With some coolant smears on it. I can always go back to Maruti once the car is back in my hands, but does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I can't imagine that the plastic coolant tank could have sprung a leak.
Old 15th September 2009, 09:48   #154
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Gypsy, Sawyer! Hope to have your Gypsy join us on all the Lonavla offroad fun. Please create a new thread with your ownership report + pictures.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks