Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 01:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

THe car has been developed designed and prepared completely by Mahindra makes it an Indian car

petrol engine = renuault(hence REV)
diesel = AVL
paints may be sourced from Japan

BUT then in an open economy making it hard to get a 100% Indian made car or for that matter a 100% japanese or American car(On a sidenote most of the American cars are made in Canada where majority of the workers are asians).Ford sources its parts from HM which also is in talks to suppply parts to volkswagon

To define an Indian car here would be to say a car that is completely designed and manufactured by Indian company. A car that you can be proud of and shout " I am an Indian I drive a scorpio"
Old 8th July 2005, 02:05   #32
BHPian

[quote=Insane Devil]
i have decided i will go for the TUCSON!
[quote]

Choice well made . Dude do post some pics when you get her home .
Old 14th July 2005, 11:40   #33
BHPian

yahooooo!

finally bought my Tuc on the 7th of July! and having a blast with it!

as soon as i took it out of the showroom, went home to drop my wife, then straight to my friend's CarAccessories shop! and it was there for 2 full days, morning to night!

The Tuc is amazing! so cool so sexy! its a great pleasure to drive, the engine is very responsive! luv the TCS, did get it work while giving sudden accelerations on wet roads( it doesnt let ur car accelerate at that time) and yea, the AC is amazingly chilly! someone had mentioned that the AC aint good, i think must be a problem in the demo car.

Well, i have driven 400,km till now, and when i took it from the showroom, it was 51km. My odo shows around 45x, and have refilled twice, now its at full tank, which i did last night, and the first tank of fuel has given me a mileage of 8.1kmpl in city, 100% AC. i hope after time, the mileage will improve. in this tank, the TCS was switched off half the time.

performance vise, all my friends, who drove it and sat in it, from inside, none could ever tell this is a diesel car! serious! even i was amazed at the quietness and smoothness! not a lil sound of the humming diesel motor, while cruising or accelrating! love it! from outside, well, it does let ppl know its not a petrol. but the engine has a nice tone from outside.

now about the Modifications i got done on it...:

1. Silicon Remote Locking. - Rs.4,900/-

2. PROGRIP (Stanley) Leather Steering Grip - Rs. 425/- ( amazing quality, been using in all my cars!)

3. Rubber coil foot mats of 3M, best of rainy times and dry, doesnt look dirty from top at all, and the dust settles within its coils.

4. Phillips BlueVission 60/55 wt bulbs for headlights. They are NOT Blue in color! they are a little whiter than the onez that come from the company, and they look cooool, and also the visibility is great! generally in these blue/white bulbs, we lose on good visibility, but not with these bulbs!

5. Parking lights in the headlamp changed to Blue colored bulbs.

6. BOSCH HORNS. they r might good! i didnt want to go for the ultra loud ROOTS that i had in my scorpio, (wud make this Tuc look kinda vulgar!) so went in for these super loud Bosch, new model. very nice, loud and irritating to the honked onez! well, thats the way hyderabad moves! afterall, a nawabi city! gotta force ppl to move out of ur way. (i miss those Roots horns!)

7. Rear Camera. This i have installed as my Head Unit has a built in 7" screen, which even when switched off, will come up when the Reverse gear is engaged and it will show me the rear camera! great thingy! will also let me set seperate brightness/contrast levels for rear camera source. Now the problem i have here is.. this is a very very basic camera that my friend had with him which i installed, coz it is giving me a mirriored image! now i am planning to ask my friend in singapore to send me a camera from there that has a switch to shift from normal to mirror image, and also one with InfraRed night vision. I had seen these kinda cameras in Bangkok 2 months back, but that time i had no idea i would be buying a Tuc and installing the Pio. AVH 7500 system in it ever! so i didnt buy that time! cost of this cam in Bkk was around INRs. 3,500/- . the one my friend installed in my car, is for Rs.1200/-.

STEREO:
Head Unit: AVH-7500P (DVD Audio/Video Player with 7" builtin Screen)

Amp: 1. Pioneer 944 - Powers 2 pair of speakers and a 2000 wt dual coil subwoofer.
2. Sony 222 - powers my rear door speakers and 2 pairs of tweeters.

Speakers:
Boot: 1. Pioneer 330 Wt Yellow Cone
2. Pioneer 350wt Metal Cone (these are old ones, not available now anymore, but one of the best onez ever! so i just carried it down from my scorpio!)

Front Door: Pioneer 225 wt Yellow Cone
Rear Door: Pioneer 225 wt Yellow Cone

Tweeters: 1. by the company, near the front side view mirrors.
2. 2 sets of Pioneer TS-20 on each of the door beams.

SubWoofer: Pioneer 2000Wt Dual Coil

CD Changer: Yet to receive, its in transit from Singapore, getting a 12 CD MP3 Changer.

I have used Monster Cables for the RC Cords and speaker wiring is of BOSS.

Now for the Speakers and Subwoofer in the boot, i have got made a special BOX for it, which cost me around 4,000. its a normal box, with air vents given in the bottom of the box, and glaaswool stuck inside everywhere.

PS: Moderators, as i have started this thread, Ford Endeavour Vs. Hyundai Tucson, i suggest that you may close this thread now, or let it be on, but open a new thread for the HYUNDAI TUCSON and post this msg of mine their, so that now on, new posts regd the Hyundai Tucson can be carried on there.

thanx a lot.
more to come soon!
Old 14th July 2005, 11:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

hey

congrats on the new tuscon ..
great to see you have already loading up your ride ...you forgot to mention your choice of colour ..
looking forward to few detailed pics and a 1000K review ..
drive safe
Old 14th July 2005, 12:15   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Insane Devil - Congratulations on the new steed and a decision well made. Am glad we were able to steer you toward the better choice.

Coincidentally, I picked up my C220 on the 7th of July too. Didnt Aadix get his Sonata on the same day? Car buying season at Team-BHP, wot?

Quote:

Amp: 1. Pioneer 944 - Powers 2 pair of speakers and a 2000 wt dual coil subwoofer.
2. Sony 222 - powers my rear door speakers and 2 pairs of tweeters.
Pimping. I use the 944 in my Vtec and the 222 in my Jeep. Superb amplifiers.

GTO

P.S. Dont get the traction control working in your running in period. Take it easy atleast till 1500 kms.
Old 14th July 2005, 12:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey Devil

Congrats on your new purchase - I had planned to pick one up but found the launch price a bit too high, so its nice to see someone who went ahead with the purchase!!!

What colour?
Old 14th July 2005, 13:30   #37
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey Devil,

Congrats on the car. Boy have you been shopping for the car !
Old 14th July 2005, 13:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congo on the new car Devil. Hope you enjoy many years of happy motoring with it. What colour is it by the way?

Dippy
Old 14th July 2005, 13:38   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the new SUV dude ...
Post a report soon about owners experience ...
Old 14th July 2005, 13:48   #40
BHPian

Congratulations and confetti ...

Pics, pics. Where are they? Its mandatory when you buy a new car.
Old 14th July 2005, 13:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

hey ID congratulations on your purchase
looks like you have got lots of goodies

just one question though plese don't take any offence

since you said you have changed horn, bulbs then is your warranty still intact?

also how about some pics ?
Old 14th July 2005, 18:47   #42
BHPian

Hey guys, sorry i didnt mention the Color...

i picked up the MARINE BLUE color. (the dark blue one)

@Turbo Lover, Camry93, adya33: will surely post up the pics and reviews in due time, just waiting for my camera. my friends got it, once hez back from his trip and returns me my cam, will click click!

@ GTO : yea, both the amps are real good!, abt Aadix'x Sonata V6, he bought it around a week before me, and even got the chance to drive it all the way to tirupati and back immediately after taking the car!!! i m feelin zealous! n yea, will try not to get the TCS activated before the 1500 mark!

@Adya33: well, good question! the Bulbs do hamper the warranty to a certain extent. let me tell u what happened with me with my scorpio!.
I had changed the stock bulbs (60/55) to 130/100! (man theze bulbs are amazing!) and after a couple of months, the headlight cover started getting dull, i went to the workshop and showed them the problem, and then the service advisor there almost agreed to change it free of cost, under warranty, untill he saw the bulbs inside were 130/100! he said these bulbs have caused the burning away of the headlamp lens. and due to which he will not change them under warranty! (thats a different thing i still got it done under warranty ) but yea, the warranty does get affected in some cases, like this.

About the Horn, it is safest to put a cutout and install new horns, so that original wirings are not affected. nowadays the new Cutouts that are available are real good quality with full wiring kits. so no cutting of company wires!. but in case where u have both horns, and due to some problem in the installation of the second horn, ur stock horns go bad, the company will trouble u changing them under warranty. so yea, beware.

one thing is.. when u change bulbs, if something happens, and u want replacements, just remove off any extras/mods u have done, and go to them with the stock parts in place. that will solve most of warranty issues.

hope this helps!

thanx a lot everybody, for ur good wishes! will drive carefully, no worriez!
Old 14th July 2005, 18:50   #43
BHPian

INFORMATION:
For all who want more user feedbacks and info on the Hyundai Tucson around the world, please go to

http://p220.ezboard.com/bhyundaisuvforum

The Tucson has been launched recently all over the world, and in many places they have v6 Petrol options too, so u can expect one in India, later on.
Old 14th July 2005, 21:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

Coincidentally, I picked up my C220 on the 7th of July too. Didnt Aadix get his Sonata on the same day? Car buying season at Team-BHP, wot?

first of all!!! congrats bro!!!!! finally u got the tuscon, not to worry the mileage will increase after the first service.

going in for any fancy no?when u giving all us hyd team-bhpians a ride?where are the pics?

gto, i bought my car on 3 july, three day's before my dad's bday(6 july). the car was like a self b'day present for him, plus every year on his bday we go to tirupati, so the logical choice of the car was the sonata.
Old 14th July 2005, 22:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

ID
Congrats on your buy. I think we should have the next Hyd meet very soon. Aadx and you can show your new cars. Please do post some pics

Satish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks