Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2005, 13:59   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazinnnn set up you have here mate. The DVD panel is mind blowing ...how much did you get it for? Also the speaker set up in the boot is really really neat. Camera is well positioned, i presume its connected to your DVD screen (Does the camera also have to be pioneer or can you connect anyone to it?) . With so much packed into the car i almost forgot about the main things itself....the CAR :P ...Its looking great in the blue color, I am sure after you put some nice big alloys and tinted flim it will look like a true 'insane devil'
Old 17th July 2005, 14:05   #62
BHPian

O yes,, Sorry i forgot to write about the Camera!!!

Thanx for askign it out Sahil,

The Pio DVD System, has a feature where i can connect a Rear Camera, and when the car is put to Reverse Gear, the Screen will instantly show the Reverse Camera in Action! sorry i forgot to take pics of that, but will add it up later on... i am planning to change that camera, will be buying a Infra Red night vision one, next time i go to Singapore. The camera does not have to be of Pioneer. it can be of ANY make.

@ Sahil, nah man, i will not be changing the Rims as yet, and no Films ever in my cars! my dad hates Films to the core, and so do i to a certain extent, i would rather prefer Tinted GLASSES, than films, but for this vehicle i will never get Tinted Glasses anywhere, so no films yet, now that summer has gone by, maybe next summer i may plan for something. nothign yet now. btw, the DVD Panel cost me 85,000/- Thanx a lot for the compliments.!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 17th July 2005 at 14:06.
Old 18th July 2005, 00:48   #63
BHPian

One word - Beautiful . Excellent set up you 've there Insane .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Soon, i am getting the Side Cladding and the Mag Wheels all painted body Color! my Tuc will be a proper personalised one! waiting for the rains to stop so i can get the paint jobs done...
Thats the best thing you can do to enhance the looks of the car and as far as i know , its going to look gorgeous after when the bumpers are painted BC .
Old 19th July 2005, 15:48   #64
BHPian

Request: could the mods change the topic title to "Pics Added" on this topic plz? thanx mite, i dunnow how to do it myself, in case i can.
Old 5th August 2005, 16:08   #65
BHPian

Hi all,

well, its clocked more than 1500km on my Tuc, and couple of days back it went for its first service. everything ok, no problems at all, just loving it! waiting for the run-in period to get over so i can start racing it! goes like a rocket, once it takes off, (does take a second thought while takeoff ). Mileage so far, been 8.5-9kmpl in city with AC. and most of the time TCS on.

should say, the Handling is MIND BLOWING!!!

and guys, i have upgraded my tyres! i have gone in for the 235/60/16 of Goodyear imported onez. solid grip, lovely looks!

i have a question... The other day when my Tuc went for servicing, the service manager there recommended me the K&N Replacement Air Filter. now he wasnt very sure if it can be put to a diesel vehilcle or not, as the one he had was for an ACCENT, but he said if it can be fitted to a Diesel vehicle too, then he can order one for the Tucson too. K&N is making the Filters for Tucson, i checked in their website, but there they havent mentioned if its for the petrol or diesel model.

Plz help me guys, can i put this in my Tuc???

the price is around 5,500 for the Accent's., and he said the Tuc's will cost roundabout same.
Old 5th August 2005, 16:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

hey
how come i missed those pics ...
the audio setup surely rocks dude !! you need nice tints ..

Quote:
K&N is making the Filters for Tucson, i checked in their website, but there they havent mentioned if its for the petrol or diesel model.
tucson has a petrol variant aswell ?
Old 6th August 2005, 00:39   #67
BHPian

thats LOUD dude......sound to the people....osssome....btw how much did u spend on all the accessories..the total cost ie...
Old 11th August 2005, 13:46   #68
BHPian

@ TURBOLOVER: well u missed the pics coz lots of other ppl did too, as the mods havnt yet renamed this topic as "PICS ADDED" above my double request.. so gotta wait till they actually do it... yea man, Tucson comes in 2 Petrol variants (IN rest of the world but not in India) the 2.0L V4, and the 2.7L V6 engine! the 2.7L V6 is an amazing engine, i have been reading. lots of ppl in the US, Australia and around prever the 2.7L V6. similarly, the 2.0CRDI isint available in all the countries, its a mix n match they done . Australia doesnt have the Diesel variant. only petrol, and in petrol they have standard and luxury model. and about the TINTS, well pal, i just dont like tints, the film looks very dull after some time, light scratches start appearing after some time, and well, dont need the extra privacy thing, and well, i hate films coz they do hamper driving around in the night. clear glass is the best... however, if i do get Tinted GLASSES , then i wont mind chaning the glass, as in that the chances of scratches and it getting dull are none.

@ BALENOPOWER: well mite, total i have spent on the car on accessories + tyres, would sum up to around Rs 1.5 lakhs+. dad would get a shock if he realised hez been paying up for all this when the mood is rite, i place the bills
Old 11th August 2005, 14:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the 2.0L V4, and the 2.7L V6 engine!
V4 ? wow ! thats news from the hyundai stables !

go for high quality films ..
like Lumars - i have them in one of my cars very light shade but looks great no problems in visibily ,had them for a year now (delhi sun) no signs of scratches, discolouring or fading)..they are costlier but since your father hasnt viewed those bills yet ,might as well add another one !
cheers

oh btw - did you have an option of body coloured bumpers? Coz i spotted a white tucson with offwhite bumpers ,it looked great but i thought Tuscons didnt come with body coloured bumpers..
is it true ?
Old 11th August 2005, 14:59   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
go for high quality films ..
like Lumars - i have them in one of my cars very light shade but looks great no problems in visibily ,had them for a year now (delhi sun) no signs of scratches, discolouring or fading)..they are costlier
He is right, in LLumar you can get clear films (AIR75) as well as with greenish tint(AIR65). I ordered the clear film but they put the more expensive green tint, no extra charge for that mistake. However, it looks so clear at night, one would not know there is a film. Even during day, I can hardly make out the film from inside.
Old 11th August 2005, 15:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hey Insane Devil conrats on your buy, though Iam a bit late. Nice pics of your car and the and good accessories and vry good audio setup.
Old 20th August 2005, 02:19   #72
BHPian

@ TurboLover: gday mite! thanx for the advise on the LLUMAR Films, will think about it. will have a look at them and then maybe i can change my mind , regd the Tucson with colored claddings, in india there is no such option, only one variant in india.... the 2.0crdi with black claddings. but in australia and other parts of hte world, they do have "elite" models wherein u get body coloured claddings, and also wider tyres... 235/60/16 instead of the 215/65/16 that we get in teh base models, alson the ones in indian models. the indian model is a mix of basic and fully loaded models! hyundai ppl r funny! they leave out the fat tyres, and body color claddings, but inside the car, they have put all the luxuries available in the Tucson range (except the Tiptronic gear systems and Sunroof) coz out there in the west, u do get models which are only 2wd, and which come without the metal colored dashboard trims. but then, our models doesnt have the Trip Computer. only a normal Trip Meter! so yea...lotsa different variants around the world!

@ Samurai: thanx a lot for the details of hte LLUMAR films, i am more interested in the CLEAR Film if that will really stop the heat! can u please give more light on it? and could u please upload a pic of ur green tints? how good are they? how much it cost u for 4 windows? also, how good is the WindScreen Film? i heard LLUMAR has one, and is it safe to put on? privacy wud be good, if it comes without any hinderances!

@Sridhar: thanx mite! m happy u liked my Tuc!

OKie, now this is to all, i had asked this question earlier, and m asking again... Can i install a K&N Replacement Air Filter to my Diesel Tucson? is it only for Petrol Models, or can Diesel vehicles also make use of the K&N Air Filters?
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:24   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
@ Samurai: thanx a lot for the details of hte LLUMAR films, i am more interested in the CLEAR Film if that will really stop the heat! can u please give more light on it? and could u please upload a pic of ur green tints? how good are they? how much it cost u for 4 windows? also, how good is the WindScreen Film? i heard LLUMAR has one, and is it safe to put on? privacy wud be good, if it comes without any hinderances!
This link has extensive discussion on it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...2&page=4&pp=15

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd August 2005 at 11:30.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:52   #74
BHPian

okieZZZ all ya ppl out there! be prepared for some new pics of my tucson, its currently going under some paint job, and once its done (mostly in a day or 2) i will post its pics,!!!
Old 16th October 2005, 13:20   #75
BHPian

Hey all, sorry cudnt take the new pics and post it up, will do it pronto.

Meanwhile, i have installed the K&N High Flow Air Filter in my Tucson, and believe me, its amazing! there is a clear noticable increase in the pickup! very good indeed! its like something between the Pete's tuning box and the Stock Pickup. I am very happy with the Air Filter. I have purchased it through the K&N Distributor here (hez been assigned by Methods, as they are sole importers) and it costed me Rs.4,290/-! i would say, its a steal deal at that price, compared to the pickup boost u are getting!

All ppl having Tucsons here, jus go for it, and other vehicles, i would definately recommend, but cant say how good it will be in them. I am now planning to install one in my Getz too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks