Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2005, 01:09   #76
BHPian

ID ... great pics mite ... and lot of details ...

Also , I think it deserves to be made an independent post about the Tuscon ... rest upto the Mods ...

ID ..do post the latest pics and did you go for LLumar or not ?
Old 17th October 2005, 02:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

what do u think is a better buy?

The new tucson fully loaded or the safari Dicor fully loaded.???
Old 17th October 2005, 12:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

The difference between the models is about Rs.2.5 lakhs on the road. Despite the fact that both vehicles are theoretically SUVs, they are vastly different.

Quality levels on the Hyundai are obviously so much better, though equipment levels on the Tata are much higher.

The Tata Safari is a truck trying to behave like a car, while the Tucson is a car trying to behave like a Jeep. Neither of them are convincing actors, but where the Tucson is more refined the Safari is much tougher.

Conclusion: If the price difference between the Tucson and the EX Safari had been a lakh or a lakh and a half, I would've gone for the Tucson. Reason: peace of mind with a Hyundai, great CRDi engine, ride & height is good enough for those who buy an SUV to take on our roads.

However, the price diff between an EX 4X4 and the Tucson is about Rs.4 Lakhs on the road...I can buy a Santro with the difference for my city runs.
Old 17th October 2005, 13:01   #79
BANNED

yeah dude but Tata cars are crap
Old 17th October 2005, 13:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I've just bought one, so let me find out for myself.
Old 17th October 2005, 15:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
excuse me sir.

but in my experience with the tata safaris ,having had 2 for personal use and 4 of our company,all 4X4,i never have had any problems with the vehicles with the way my drivers trashed a few of them.

of which i still have one which has covered abt 1 lac kms,with still no problems,apart from regular wear and tear ones.

so i would like to know why would you think tata vehicles are crap?

Last edited by aadix : 17th October 2005 at 16:01.
Old 17th October 2005, 16:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

depends on your usage,bro

if you would be mostly in the city,with long drives on the weekend and such,and if the car were to be mostly self driven,would say the tuscon.

but if it were for drives outside the city,ie daily shuttilng long distances per se,and if the car were to be mostly driver driven, would suggest the dicor for it's wonderful interior and it's sturdiness.
Old 18th October 2005, 03:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

I like the safari though as they look good but I strongly feel that tata should cut on the weights of their cars. I test drove the old diesel once and................. I dont have any words to say.
Old 20th October 2005, 13:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
ID ... great pics mite ... and lot of details ...

Also , I think it deserves to be made an independent post about the Tuscon ... rest upto the Mods ...

ID ..do post the latest pics and did you go for LLumar or not ?
Hey Metallica!

Thanx for the appreciation. well, lets hope the mods do make this a Tucson dedicated topic.

Regarding the LLumar, well i have dropped the idea of it, as it didnt appeal me much. what i want is something as clear as possible, but will also not let ppl from outside see whoz inside. kinda privacy film, and that too only for the 4 windows and the read windshileld.

So i am planning to go for V-COOL, as they have 2 modles - Premium & Gold Luster, they both are almost clear, and it has a reflective nature from the outside, so from inside, u can clearly see outside, and from outside, it reflects the light back to the viewer.
I have asked the dealer to give me a quote on it. so lets see... will surely post once i do it.

To all other here discussing over the Tucson and Safari, well, Tuscon is a premium vehicle, u are paying for that, and plus, its more luxurious compared to the Safari, and Quality vise, well, far better than Tata! secondly, they are both quiet different vehilcles, Safari is a Ruf-n-Tuf, while Tucson is a Soft roader.

Imho, they both are not comparable. Compare the Safari with the Scorpio. U can get electronic 4x4 in Scorpio for a Lakh extra, thou u do miss out on some luxuries like Steering tilt, and Power side mirrors,.

I had scorpio before, now the Tucson, m just loving it, zooming around, the pickup n stuff is awesome, its a lot faster than the Safari! and feels like i am driving a Accord! road grip, handling is beautiful, due to low height, it handles like a sedan, more than an suv in cornerings.

all said n done IMHO.
Old 30th December 2005, 08:01   #85
BHPian

sorry for bringing this thread up again, but, didn't want to start a new one.
one of my friends is buying a tucson. had gone to advaith yesterday to check for discounts. and sadly, none available. the best they said they could do was to throw in free stanley leather seat covers. did anyone manage to get any more discounts on tucson?
btw, insane_devil, am a bit late, but congrats man, awesome buy. i wonder when i'll have 17+ lakhs to purchase one :P

Last edited by satan_crazy : 30th December 2005 at 08:02.
Old 30th December 2005, 15:40   #86
BHPian

hey Satan, thanx for the wishes!

well, in HYD, on the Tucson, none of the Dealers are giving any kind of discounts! not a rupee! they are willing to give a lil discount on the Accessories, but not on the Car. So if ur friend is getting Free Stanley Leather Seat Covers, its good! grab it up! but make sure they giving the Stanley - NAppa or similar leather, but not the Art Leather!
Old 4th January 2006, 23:28   #87
BHPian

Hey all,

As i had mentioned before that i changed the tucson's tyres from the standard 215/65/16 to 235/60/16, The tyres i had put were GOODYEAR. and believe me guyz, they are CRAP! i put them on when the odo showed 2,500, and now the odo is at 11,500, the Tyres are 60% gone!!! another 15% and i will have to replace them! so i went and spoke to the Tyre dealer from whom i bought it, and he has helped me in getting it replaced with the Goodyear Co. at 80% of the cost of a new one. all 5 tyres, and then i have now bought my fav. tyre - the PIRELLI P6000 - 235/60/16! they are awesome tyres! i had used them before for my Honda City. Earlier they used to come in 13" sizes too, but now they start from 14" or 15" onwards!

Believe me guyz, this tyre looks great and gives superb handling and ride! and they are "High Performance Tyres" with W rating.

More info on this Tyre :
http://www.pirelli.com/en_42/tyres/c...productid=2082

they costed Rs.7,500/- for each tyre, and are just too good! very happy with it now.!
Old 5th January 2006, 04:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
if its to be an indian car, for me , its the MAHINDRA scorpio anyday! the best pure breed indian car as yet
Ain't the Scorpio's engine supplied by Renault and the dash intruments from Ford Ikon??

Last edited by Akkiben : 5th January 2006 at 04:33.
Old 5th January 2006, 04:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hahaha ...here are the fact on the Desi Scorpio

- paints sourced from Japan..
- the diesel mill developed with help from AVL of Austria..
- the petrol motor sourced from Renault..
- lots of interior parts are from the same manufacturer who supplies interior components to Ford ...

ohh one thing that was very Indian about the Scorpio
was the amount of testing done for passenger safety ..
which is NONE !!
Wow, you nailed it right there Turbo_lover.
Old 25th January 2006, 22:09   #90
BANNED

Surprised!

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but I didn't want to start a new thread on the Tucson...
1. I'm shocked to learn from this thread that keyless entry is not an available option... I didn't even bother to ask the salesguy on the phone about that as I surely expected this basic feature on a car that costs 17.93 lakhs OTR (Chennai).
2. Even I feel the side cladding with paint on it would look far more classier, but when I asked the salesguy over the phone if he could get them painted for me... He was like "Umm... Will find out, saar"!
3. ID, No leather upholstery even as a paid option? I mean if they were giving you free leather covers for the seats, what about the door trims

I just don't understand why companies in India don't have pay and upgrade options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks