Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 16:36   #46
BHPian

Reclaiming Bachelorhood - Jeep is the way!!

The Hunt -
One of my best friends reclaimed his bachelorhood recently and is in need of a big amount of motivation, the type of motivation only a Jeep can provide. So the hunt has begun to find a decent Jeep and get it back to driveable condition(this jeep is never gonna see OTR.)

While searching in local classifieds I came across a Marshall 4wd, running the registration number on the AP transport site gives the following detail. I though Marshall were made after 1997 only.

Request the Jeep gurus to give some information about the specimen listed below and also suggest the route to take.

It doesnt seem to fit the decription that DB sir provided for the marshall in another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Mr.Vinay Thomas - hello to you. I am so happy to see a teamBHP thread started with a request made to me to contibute in it. Thanks.
On the subject of the M&M Marshal, this vehicle is essentially built on the Armada platform and is essentially the 8 seater version of the M&M Commander.
Details of chassis and running gear - the wheelbase is 105.5 inches and the wheel track is either 51 inches or 53 inches, depends on which chassis was used in it. It has 2 types of chassis, the C section (100mm*50mm) and the NGCS (new generation chassis and suspension - 115*60mm). If C section, it had the XDP4.90 engine, the KMT90 transmission, the T18 transfer case and a 5.38:1 ratio equipped fully floating rear axle without flanged axle shafts. The steering gear was mounted next to the RH firewall with a connecting rod and a bell crank transmitting steering torque to the wheels. The tyres were 6.00*16 highway pattern for 2WD and M+S pattern for 4WD. If NGCS, the steering gear moved just behind the front bumper and 195/70R15 / 215/75R15 tyres were used. Some cars used 7.00*15 tyres also. These were essentially >2700 GVW cars.

Details of body & seating configuration - The Marshal essentially had 5 doors and front facing centre row of seats in 8 seater configuration whereas the Commander had side facing long rear seats in 10 seater configuration.
Fuel Type : DIESEL
Vehicle Color:INA
Vehicle Class:JEPN
Maker's Name:MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD
Mfg.Year :01-Jan-1992
Maker's Class:MAHINDRA MARSHAL 2000 4WD (7+1)
Engine No : DQ14XXX
Date of Registration :10-Mar-1992
Chasis No :COM750DP2DQ14xxx

Requirements:
It has to be a Jeep
The international engine is a no no.
Budget is 1.6L including the vechicle cost.
As mentioned earlier, this vechicle will never see OTR (as long as I dont take it down :)

Last edited by tsk1979 : 9th July 2012 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks