Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:42   #16
evo
BHPian

ACI has a phenomenally good review of a Honda competitor, now thats saying something! The new X Trail definitely sounds good.

Note from Mod: X-Trail test drive & review have been uploaded here.

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2009 at 14:37. Reason: Adding link to review thread. Don't want to bump the thread up. Thanks
Old 14th November 2009, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Missing imp features

Congrats on the new X-trail. Its a pretty cool vehicle indeed. Now that Honda has gone nuts with CRV pricing makes the Nissan an even better buy in comparision.

But its missing some imp. basic features like parking sensors & audio controls on the steering wheel and the rear legroom is pretty cramped.

Whats the standard warranty on these and is Nissan offering any extended warranty / maintenance packages.
Now that BMW is offering such packages, one wished that pretty much every car manufacturer should offer such options for peace of mind.

Last edited by ackyash : 14th November 2009 at 13:46. Reason: spellings
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:18   #18
BHPian

Update??

Hi Aadix,

How is your cousin's new Xtrail holding up?
Looking forward to a report.

Last edited by ackyash : 22nd January 2010 at 17:19.
Old 20th March 2015, 12:30   #19

Re: Nissan X-Trail: any reviews or issues?

I have had one 2006 model and driven it to 80 k km till now. I think it's a fantastic cross roader much more capable and fun than most other SUV's . It is a driver centric car, handles beautifully, is very nippy and begs to be driven hard. The size is just right, makes it easy to handle on narrow mountain roads and while on dirt/ no tracks, and in city traffic.

In terms of creature comforts, it has leather Upholstery, the biggest sun roof in the business (short of the 80 lakh plus suv's) , heated front seats, 6 cd changer, abs, ebd, electronic 4x 4, cooled bottle holders and can holder etc etc.

What I would have liked would be a slightly more heavy duty suspension to deal with the disaster called indian roads and speed/vehicle breakers you find across India and better spare availability for smaller nic -nacs.

In all, this is a beautiful vehicle, killed by nissan's initial partner, who did not market this car correctly killing the brand in the bargain.
Old 18th June 2015, 16:34   #20
BHPian

Re: Nissan X-Trail: any reviews or issues?

I'm looking to trade up from my AT Hatch to an AT Mini SUV with the Ecosport sort of being the one on the shortlist.

However a friend has been asking me to look for used X-Trail ATs, saying they are a good vehicle, where I can get a good bargain due to the model being discontinued. Is it worth it? How's the service experience?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks