Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 11:16   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

its a comfy 5 seater for regular sized people - say 2 adults in front and three youngsters in the back

4 large adults plus luggage can travel in comfort

it is certainly not to be considered a 7 seater
Old 21st October 2009, 12:38   #62
BHPian

Thanks guys.
Thats what I also feel. As I have seen all the tucson's as 5S only.

I got a doubt due to carwale only.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:54   #63
Senior - BHPian

Raghu,

were you able to find a preowned Tusc in good condition? can someone please let me know the seconds showromms around where I can check for used Tusc in Bangalore?
Old 27th October 2009, 19:21   #64
BHPian

Nope - Its just been a long list of tampered odos, badly maintained vehicles, missing service histories, or unrealistic expectations. I'm at a point of not even actively looking anymore, and just waiting out for the new launches in 2010 - We really need something that closes the critical 12L - 19L gap in the SUV space, and am really hoping that 2010 brings something reasonable ...
Old 28th October 2009, 11:43   #65
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thingummuy - Wait and you will see results in the 12L -19L segment in 2010.

From TATA definately.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Humm, that will be another dogfood opportunity for everyone around!
Old 31st October 2009, 21:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

I saw one Tucson today. It was at 68K KMs (reg. in Jan 2007). quoted for 9.5 (negotiable).
I found the ride quality good but then didnt feel the clutch was smooth, I had some rough feeling while depressing it and it was very sensitive at the begining (not sure if it is by design); gear shift was just okay, may be its just me very much used to long and smooth throw on my Palio.

We (me and wife) did not feel lots of space on the front seats, may be were expecting too much compared to our Palio. Whatever the short ride I had, I felt it was riding good.

My wife did not find it too exciting, I thought it was supposed to be! and we are confused agian, not sure whether we should really go for it or not! While returning, we had a quick visit to Hyundai, he said that Santa Fe will be around in another 6 months or so. Now with that small budget (around 8-9L), I dont think I'm going to get a reliable SUV. I may just wait for some more time, rare chances that I decide and go for a new Safar/Socrp. Lets see!
Old 1st November 2009, 07:39   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I saw one Tucson today. It was at 68K KMs .....
Aah, so it was you he was going to see at Marathahalli at around 4:30pm. Had i known, i could have met you there. Yeah - we werent too excited with the drive as well, especially after TD'ing the Captiva - which i think is a fantastic car, and the wife agrees. Trusting her opinion in matters of the head - her feedback was that the Tuc felt like a big car and much less refined than the Captiva - and i'm not sure if that is across the board or something specific about the car we tried out yesterday. The asking price seems reasonable, and the car seems to be in good shape otherwise - except for the high clocked mileage, which is always a worry with CRDI engines and the diesel quality in India ...
Old 1st November 2009, 09:25   #69
BANNED

maybe you should try for the Scorp 2.2 Mhawk 4x4

or you could be patient and wait for the new M&M 4x4 World SUV expected next year.

or try to see if you can save a bit and up your budget (if possible)

one more pointer is that the longer you hang on to your Palio the less resale value it will bring on account of so many options available nowadays.

i understand your problem very well - because each time I consider an upgrade I find the same troubles and my needs are very similar to yours.

I did ask 2 friends about their intent to sell their Tucson's but no dice - both are hanging on to them for another year atleast till the new Yeti pops up.

cheers

Quote:
Now with that small budget (around 8-9L), I dont think I'm going to get a reliable SUV. I may just wait for some more time, rare chances that I decide and go for a new Safar/Socrp. Lets see!
Old 1st November 2009, 09:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Correct Raghu,

I saw a couple discussing with Venkat when I reached InnovativeMultiplex - not sure if it was you. He was claiming that he is not a dealer, I told him that I'm willing to see the owner, he denied. I guess he is one of those dealers who buys vehicles from seller.

@Shankar,
I agree, I think I started saving some money now and will start looking after sometime, I may have better choices in the market by then. Yeah, If I wait for one more year, I wont get a good price of my Palio. But, as soon as I came back to Palio after the TD, returning home, it was riding really nice, shifting was really smooth, as if like she is telling me, 'see this is how I ride, you decide!!!' Its just this baby doesnt have enough power. My wife is against selling this car and we have almost decide not to give her away.

Last edited by Ketan : 1st November 2009 at 09:38.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Correct Raghu,

I saw a couple discussing with Venkat ...
yep - that was me and my better half. He doesnt look a dealer - and seems to have acquired this vehicle from someone he knows - either personally or through his business. Comes across as a pretty genuine person ...

I can completely imagine what you are talking about - it was exactly the same feeling when i started up my 1.6 after the Tucson, and it feels the same after each Tucson - the ride quality and driving experience is so much better, but i guess the Tuc also has its advantages, especially with my current need of a bigger car that rides higher, and is economical for highway runs - which is why i amn't looking to get rid of my Palio after the purchase (that's another debate with the wife - convincing her to get rid of her hopeless Estillo - so we can keep the Palio in the family for another 3-4 years) - I am sort of disappointed with the Tucson, having looked at the Endy, Captiva, the GV and CRV since i started planning this upgrade a couple of months back. For the kind of money that people have put down on the Tuc, it's very poorly equipped - no climate control, old-gen dash layout, the in-dash head unit (which has a cassette player!), no retracting mirrors - these are basic creature comforts, let alone the more advanced ones like parking sensors, projector lights and leather seats .. the only thing going for it is the beautiful engine, great handling, and wonderful economy (especially for a CBU, including the maintenance costs) I dont want to plonk 9+ lakhs at this point, and then begin missing these cool toys in another 2 years - which is another decision factor in play ..
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:19   #72
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thingummy and Ketan - suggest both wait, the tucson would be nothing close to the Captiva in refinement and the captiva's are not available presently in the sub 10L segment, 2010 year change would mean a min price drop of Rs. 1-1.5L for the same age cars.

Suggest your wait and differ the purchase till say Feb, when post auto car a clearer idea of the newer options would exist.

9L is decent bit of money for a second hand vehicle and to get into something which is not exciting would not be worth it.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

^
I'm in no hurry at all. However, wondering what are you expecting in 2010? Do you think Captiva or other SUV/MUVs are going to be avaialble in lower price band? I dont think so!! Even the new player entering the game will position their vehicle prices around the existing 15-18L band only!!
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:33   #74
BANNED

Skoda Yeti - will be launched sometime 2010 - 4x4 2 litre diesel turbo etc expected price - 14-16 lac range- and it is a wonderful car from all reports.

M&M new SUV - around 13-15 lac range. 4x4 etc. another definite worth waiting for product.

Quote:
^
I'm in no hurry at all. However, wondering what are you expecting in 2010? Do you think Captiva or other SUV/MUVs are going to be avaialble in lower price band? I dont think so!! Even the new player entering the game will position their vehicle prices around the existing 15-18L band only!!
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Skoda Yeti - will be launched sometime 2010 - 4x4 2 litre diesel turbo etc expected price - 14-16 lac range- and it is a wonderful car from all reports.
Latest I read in some magazine aout Yeti is that it is priced above Laura and could be launched around 19 lacks!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks