Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:07   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

ultimately this could actually happen unless they assemble the car here in their Nasik/ Chakan plant.
but frankly i think it will provide greater value than the current crop of OUtlanders, X Trails, Tucsons and Honda CRV's even if the OTR price of Yeti is at 17-19 lacs (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Latest I read in some magazine aout Yeti is that it is priced above Laura and could be launched around 19 lacks!!!
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
ultimately this could actually happen unless they assemble the car here in their Nasik/ Chakan plant.
but frankly i think it will provide greater value than the current crop of OUtlanders, X Trails, Tucsons and Honda CRV's even if the OTR price of Yeti is at 17-19 lacs (Bangalore)
Yes, it may be compact in terms of exterior dimensions but it has excellent cabin space and the more cargo space then most people will ever need.
Old 14th November 2009, 02:10   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I saw one Tucson today. It was at 68K KMs (reg. in Jan 2007). quoted for 9.5 (negotiable).
=========
I may just wait for some more time, rare chances that I decide and go for a new Safar/Socrp. Lets see!
Hey ketan! i suggest you should hold a lil more longer.. infact i just picked up a Tucson myself.. its a parsi owned car, lady driven and just 50k kms on it!! the clutch was a lil hard, but then i got it bled and its working great now.. will post some pics soon.. but this was quite a jump for me! searching for a skoda vRs, i go pick up a Tucson! unpredictable me!
Old 15th November 2009, 07:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SC,
post this link here if you have already written your STOR and pictures too.
As I said, I will wait for another quarter or two. However, I'm not hoping to see something exciting in my budget. Most of the new SUVs are going to be above 14L I believe.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:34   #80
BHPian

thingummy sahab with your budget why are you looking at a vehicle(tucson /terracan) which the manufacturer itself was not able to sell .these things will depreciatefaster than you can read this,the only persotn who will be happy at nthe end of the day will be the seller .a
despite its abilities the tucson doesnt have the butch looks that most suv enthusiasts crave for.that itself will add to your depriciation go for a used pajero at least you will have buyers outside your door when you want to sell
Old 16th November 2009, 10:51   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
these things will depreciatefaster than you can read this
Cars that depreciate quickly are the ones that make fantastic used buys. He is looking at a used Tucson, thus the SUV's trait of dropping its market value works to his advantage.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:40   #82
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cars that depreciate quickly are the ones that make fantastic used buys. He is looking at a used Tucson, thus the SUV's trait of dropping its market value works to his advantage.
exactly, which is why a one year old Outlander is available for 13.5 Lakhs!
Old 16th November 2009, 12:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
The Tuscon is a great vehicle.My uncle has one and he simply loves it.
Its got loads of grunt ,the steering is really light. Its good good mileage ,a terrific engine.
The only negative point would be its re sale value.

O.T: Is a one year old outlander really available for 13.5 lakhs.That would be a terrific buy. I simply love the outlander.
Cheers
Old 16th November 2009, 16:21   #84
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
That would be good buy. why would the seller want to sell? If he was aiming at having something different, he has already got it.

in another years time a 2 year old one for 9L would make even more sense.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
What was wrong with the car in spending 1.5L?
can you pls elaborate?

Tyres, battery, rear glass needed replacing. Other than that regular servicing and polishing / shampooing.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:26   #86
BHPian

Guys
I just saw a 2005 black Tucson done 60K kms, maintained clean, comes with a premium single digit registration number(not that it matters much to me). it has a genuine accesory sunroof, good complete history. Quoting 8.5 lakhs for it. I am thoroughly in need of good advise......
  • What should I look for in terms of weaknesses
  • What is the ideal price
  • is the car worth going for in terms of "feel"
Attached Thumbnails
Used SUV purchase - Leaning towards Tucson-photo0223.jpg  

Used SUV purchase - Leaning towards Tucson-photo0225.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 01:38   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Guys
I just saw a 2005 black Tucson done 60K kms, maintained clean, comes with a premium single digit registration number(not that it matters much to me). it has a genuine accesory sunroof, good complete history. Quoting 8.5 lakhs for it. I am thoroughly in need of good advise......
  • What should I look for in terms of weaknesses
  • What is the ideal price
  • is the car worth going for in terms of "feel"
8.5? Negotiate a bit, bring it to about 7.75. Sunroof might leak if it's not factory fitted. Tuscon is on the verge of being discontinued so there might be scarcity of rare spare parts. It has a great engine + pickup though. I had almost purchased a '05 Tuscon for 7.5l but then there were some problems. If you need a diesel, this has to be it. If a petrol works for you, check out a CR-V but Tuscon is a great car
Old 18th April 2010, 17:15   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That's a great looking Tucson, Rohit! A fair price, considering that she's 5 years old & has 60,000 clicks, would be 7.50 - 7.75 lakhs. Frankly, its a steal at the price. The Tucson is a well-balanced soft roader and has a cracker of a diesel engine too! Don't forget to get the SUV a pre-purchase inspection at a Hyundai center.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:24   #89
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In Chandigarh/ Delhi the price for the 2005 tucson should be about 7L, and in Mumbai about 7.5L and in Bang about 8L. You and the Car seem to be from up north.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:07   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

@rohitgaur: Before finalising the Buy get the car checked at Hyundai workshop(Go for a Hyundai authorised workshop, even if they charge you). Apart from the regular check up look for the following details at the workshop:

1.All the Hyundai workshops have a centralised record system where you can verify the mileage and history of the car.

2.Get the compression test done. Though this engine is same as Elantra is very reliable unit and known to do very mileage before needing a overhaul.

3.Check whether Clutch is changed already, if not be ready for a expense upwards of 15k. Availability and price of spares in not a problem though.

4.Get the AWD system checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks