Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Tuscon was one of the contenders when I was looking at an SUV..The one I saw had done 73k on the odo. This was a 2006. The suspension was ZERO, as was the camber (chimta) needed replacement. The price quoted was 7L - expected expense was above 50K, so I let it pass. The headlights were faded, had "cheap" upholstery, to make a novice believe the interiors (at least) were ship-shape !! LOL LOL

So take a cue, yes North is a little cheaper.

It is a great vehicle to drive, I was tilted towards the Pajero as I have a "thing" for old school SUV's

Happy hunting !
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:47   #92
BHPian

Tucson Service n Spares

Zeroing in on a Tucson This week, Found one which has very good maintenance record and Looks. Got scared when the Hyundai Service Centre Guy told me that It is not easy to get the parts of the Tucson Nowadays and they have to order them from Korea

Somewhere in the forum I d read, that "Hyundai gets Parts from Korea as if They have a direct pipeline from Korea"

Apart from this Point in view, I goind for the Tucson, Pls Pls Pls advise me so that I can at least sleep easy. ( With a couple of Lemons in my past, I am a Bit touchy on this)
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:52   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Sourcing parts for Tucson is not a pain, most reputed Hyundai workshops can arrange even the rarely used parts real quick. I drive a Elantra and most parts are not manufactured locally.

BTW which Hyundai Service center in Chandigarh did you consult? I had very bad experience with Karishma(not sure of exact name) Hyundai, they damaged my car's climate control console while changing a bulb and refused to change the unit under warranty, though they changed it under warranty under pressure, they had to get the unit from Korea.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Somewhere in the forum I d read, that "Hyundai gets Parts from Korea as if They have a direct pipeline from Korea"
Yes, Hyundai logistics is infact very good...They usually get even rarely replaced parts in a matter of 1-3 days. They call it VOR (Vehicle On Road) option and they can get parts from Korea in the above time frame.

Go for Tucson if you've zeroed in on a good specimen at a good price. I'm surprised it is one of the least discussed soft-roaders here. Probably the much higher pricing killed it in infancy itself.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:51   #95
BHPian

thnks anshuman/anoop(dv)
I think i would take the plunge in a couple of days. have a few office chores to finish , so i guess thiss sunday , my bum's gonna be a couple of feet higher from the tarmac than earlier in the swift.

Anoop, I owe you one bro, for the advise on mail as well. thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 13:00   #96
BHPian

Well Dudes and Dudettes, The Tuc has landed finally........

Its a 2006 Dec Prime Piece in Aqua Silver Colour, Loaded with Sunroof, Rain Guards, Side Rail bars, Bull Guards, .....Pls check in the Ownership reviews for more details,
Indebted to all of you esp Anshuman, Ricky , Digital Vampire and Of GTO for writing that Lateral Upgrade thread...
Old 11th June 2010, 13:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Yes, Hyundai logistics is infact very good...They usually get even rarely replaced parts in a matter of 1-3 days. They call it VOR (Vehicle On Road) option and they can get parts from Korea in the above time frame.

Correction - I believe you mean Vehicle Off Road
Old 11th June 2010, 22:28   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitgaur View Post
Well Dudes and Dudettes, The Tuc has landed finally........

Its a 2006 Dec Prime Piece in Aqua Silver Colour, Loaded with Sunroof, Rain Guards, Side Rail bars, Bull Guards, .....Pls check in the Ownership reviews for more details,
Indebted to all of you esp Anshuman, Ricky , Digital Vampire and Of GTO for writing that Lateral Upgrade thread...
Congratulations!!! Rohit, I am waiting for a ownership thread with regular updates, Please do not forget the Pictures. I am glad you found the information posted by me helpful.

Most Viewed