Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 17:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Where did I read this: Now LX comes with silver painted cladding, EX with body colored, GX with earth...
Old 1st October 2009, 13:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Where did I read this: Now LX comes with silver painted cladding, EX with body colored, GX with earth...
I read it too. It was on a post when someone bought a Black Safari..I'm missing the thread!
Old 1st October 2009, 14:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
To start with, the BIG issue. I have a small stature which means, when I look at a Safari, trust me, its HUGE.
That is one point that can become a hindrace to me fulfilling my dream. I just hope people here can convince me otherwise.

Sri...do you need yet other vociferous person to tell you to go for the Safari? I thought the question about your stature never bothered you, specially when you drove the Astra of yours. Then again, on point 8, you've answered your own query. If you see the hood, you can drive. For crying out loud, how do you think people used to drive the Matiz? IMHO, If you know how to drive safely, it's all that matters.

Other questions/queries:
1: LX or EX? Well a difference of 1.5 lacs with most features that can be added afterwards except the Immobilizer, Is it worth buying a LX and adding things as time goes by?

Since you're going to be in the vehicle alone with passengers being rare, my opinion is to go for the LX. Then again, it's more of a personal decision.

2: Engine Immobilizer is missing in LX: What if I get one of those Micro Technologies VBB systems, will it fill the void? Btw I do not know how much it costs, so appreciate if someone can advise the price and any dealers in Delhi.

My 2 cents - No security system can fill the void of the immobilizer. Then again, knowing where you'll be going in and around NCR, I do not feel the need for it. You might as well install the VBB systems. Please check on their website for the dealer information.(Folks, please excuse, but I know him for the last 12 years.)

3: Roof AC in LX is missing: Now my purpose will be limited to 25 km of to and fro for work and probably a weekend trip outside Delhi once in a month/2 months. So mostly I will be driving alone. If at all i'm going on a trip with 4-5 people will the AC be effective? Also if I need to get it fitted later on, is it possible/advisable and how much would it cost?

If you are mostly travelling alone, you would not need the roof ac. In case you have passengers, they'll be comfortable with the standard ac that is there in the rear.

4: Body Colored Bumpers missing in LX: Now I would have really liked body colored bumpers/cladding, but I can live with grey, till I have Moolah to get them painted. How much will it cost btw and where should I get it painted in Delhi?

As I read somewhere in this forum, the LX now comes with silver claddings (Golden for GX and body coloured for EX and VX). IMO, if you select Black as the body colour, the grey cladding looks good enough. Save the money and invest on a decent ICE.

5: Bull Guard vs Nudge Guard: I have read at several places that the nudge guard is better than the bull guard since it does not impact the chassis if there is a crash. Can anyone suggest where can I get a nudge guard in Delhi (any preferred vendors)?

I suggest contact tsk1979. I think he got his from Bimbra's and they really look good and last well.

6: Which dealer is the best in Delhi? I would rather go to a dealer who quotes more for the Beast than one who has poor reputation. Any suggestions? Btw Rama Motors quoted the least.

Am still searching for a good dealer. (You know I'll be buying one sometime later)

7: I also heard that booking a car in the 3rd week of the month / towards the end of the year is good, cuz the dealers have targets to meet and they will give good discounts / free accessories? Is it true? and What should I bargain for?

If you really want body coloured claddings, you might want to bargain on that other than the normal ones like mats, mud-flaps, etc. The more you manage to wrestle, the better!

8: Height Adjustable seat missing in LX: Now I went to a Tata Showroom, sat on the driver's seat, lowered it as much as was posisble and looked through the windshield. Guess what. I could see through to the end of the bonnet/hood. This is encouraging. now is it possible to swap the build in driver seat with a height adjustable seat? If yes, is it very expensive?

I think the seats can be changed as all of them (height adjustable and nots) are bolted on the same spots onto the frame. If you really need this, visit a TASS and confirm the fitment and price.

9: Last but not the least: Which Color? I love Quartz Black but then I somehow developed a liking for pearl White and that Maroon Red (This one looks beautiful). I expect contrasting opinions on this one What is better the Macho Black or the Creamy White or the Beautiful Maroon?

Black it is. Since you are going for the LX, the grey/silver claddings should not look bad. Also, you will get the Artic White colour, not Pearl Grey in LX models. They look good with the grey claddings too; no idea about silver claddings. Now, had the red been the Fiery Red, like Pavan Kadam's, then the grey would have suited. With the maroon , I have my reservations.

Thanks guys. This is my first post, so if there is something missing please be kind enough to advise.

Best Wishes
Hope you get your set of wheels as soon as possible.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:01   #19
BHPian

@Rideon
Since u will be the one talking to the dealer and negotiating, why shd I be bothered? After buying the Safari, if I get to know that some other dealer had a better offer, i will tell u the difference amount and u can repay me. Moreover whenever we meet, u will take the keys off my hand; so its better u do your homework before we go out shopping for the beast.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
@Rideon
Since u will be the one talking to the dealer and negotiating, why shd I be bothered? After buying the Safari, if I get to know that some other dealer had a better offer, i will tell u the difference amount and u can repay me. Moreover whenever we meet, u will take the keys off my hand; so its better u do your homework before we go out shopping for the beast.
I tried getting the test drives booked online for 4 dealers on the specified date, but it seems

1. They all think that I booked for the Vista
2. They are not ready to commit on the specified date. All they say is "We'll get back to you".

We might as well turn up at the showrooms and do the TD.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:56   #21
BHPian

As days go by, the excitement is increasing. Eagerly waiting to get back to Delhi.
Hurray!!! Update: I have managed to save enough to pay for the margin money.
feel free to contribute to my car relief fund.
Booked a couple of test drives with Rama Motors and Autolink in Delhi on 18th. Will post my experience and other queries soon.

Till then cya.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
As days go by, the excitement is increasing. Eagerly waiting to get back to Delhi.
Hurray!!! Update: I have managed to save enough to pay for the margin money.
feel free to contribute to my car relief fund.
Booked a couple of test drives with Rama Motors and Autolink in Delhi on 18th. Will post my experience and other queries soon.

Till then cya.
So is my excitement. Are you willing to rent out your place to me or maybe shift to where in stay? That way I'll be slogging your beast more than you can anticipate. You, in the meantime can use the services of my Zen.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Lately days have been longer than ever. One more week to go before I'm back home.

So guys Diwali is here. Does anyone know any dealers who are offering good discounts?

I understand the Rs.30000 saving on Tata Safari VX is same as the offer that existed last month. i.e. Free Insurance. VX insurance costs Rs.30000 which was offerred free last month. In the festive season, now it has been renamed as Diwali offer.

Any other offers that you are aware of, please post here.

Cheers
Old 14th October 2009, 17:32   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey suggest you DO NOT BUY this new now, A new version is due in 3-6 months and the safari already depreciates heavily. Suggest you get an 1-2 year old EX / VX in the 6-7L range and save some money for maintenance.

All major issues would already be sorted out in a 1 year old safari, the warranty runs for 4 years ( everyone normally takes the 4 years extended warranty).

The frequency to the service centre would be similar in a new and a 2 year old Safari 2.2 though it will increase once it crosses 4-5 years.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:26   #25
BHPian

Thanks ACM,

But from what I have seen and heard, looks like the new Safari will become a people carrier. Now why would anyone want that. Safari is loved for its road presense and those head turning looks. I thought of getting a used Safari, but then am a little skeptical about the maintenance n stuff.
If there are any 2008 model Safaris in the showroom which the dealer is offering on discount, then yes, may be I would negotiate.
+ I have an immediate requirement for a car, since public transport from Delhi to Gurgaon is pathetic to say the least and I need to travel to work everyday.

Cheers
Old 16th October 2009, 08:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys. Can anyone help me with the pricing mentioned above in my questions. Also I do need to know who is the best dealer in New Delhi. I don't have an address proof in Gurgaon/Noida, so cant buy it from there.
You can buy from anywhere and get a Delhi registration.

Try Sterling Noida.

Last edited by alexnazim : 16th October 2009 at 08:45.
Old 16th October 2009, 09:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good choice you have made.I like the bull with all the cladding painted with body color.pls go for it.It looks more elegant.See if you can get as a freebie or get painted outside for a better price.

If you are very patience enough to maintain a Black its good else look for White.
Personal opinion:Maroon looks good initially but tends to fade over a period of time,it loose its charm if not maintained or polished regularly.The same happens with Black.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:45   #28
BHPian

@alex, Thanks, Will visit them soon.

@Ramsagar, I think it will be better to go for a LX with regular (no body colored) cladding, since it won't hurt when cycles n autorickshaw try to kiss the beast. And yes, rightly said, Black is tough to maintain, but then Black is Black.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But from what I have seen and heard, looks like the new Safari will become a people carrier. Now why would anyone want that. Safari is loved for its road presense and those head turning looks.
What you are referring to is the Indicruz/Xover; the new Safari that ACM is talking about is due sometime next year.
Old 16th October 2009, 11:36   #30
BHPian

@Suman

Do we have any spy photos?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks