Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 12:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey hi,

after seeing two terracans parked for over 3 months at the hyundai service centre, this is one hyundai i would suggest you to stay away from, parts have become a big issue and take time to come.

that said, terracans are still going for 10l plus here in hyd, so if you get a good one for very good rate and wont need much work in the near future, then think about it.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

I strongly believe part availability issue will be there for terracan knowingly the no.s they were sold while in production. However, i would suggest to wait for a 2-3 years if you are too much interested in picking one as it will take major hit terracan prices and you might land in a fantastic terracan at a too much bargained price.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:45   #18
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey hi,

after seeing two terracans parked for over 3 months at the hyundai service centre, this is one hyundai i would suggest you to stay away from, parts have become a big issue and take time to come.

that said, terracans are still going for 10l plus here in hyd, so if you get a good one for very good rate and wont need much work in the near future, then think about it.
Whoa 3 months! Thats huge, even in Hyderabad! Then in Shillong it`ll be far crazier.

10L is a crazy price, most Terraccans I have seen are far cheaper.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:06   #19
evo
BHPian

Totally OT, but was recently watching some BBC segment on Liberia, and they showed a pic of the UN building whose parking was full of white Terra`s, generally they are Toyota LC`s, perhaps in Liberia, even the UN is poor! On the other hand, that does say something about the quality.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Totally OT, but was recently watching some BBC segment on Liberia, and they showed a pic of the UN building whose parking was full of white Terra`s, generally they are Toyota LC`s, perhaps in Liberia, even the UN is poor! On the other hand, that does say something about the quality.
There are picture on this Forum where the Indian Army uses it's own Jeeps/Tatamobiles sometimes on UN missions. I guess they get compensated for it. These Terracan's may belong to some forces working under the UN umbrella. 4x4s bought by the UN itself are generally Landcruisers, Landrover Defenders & Nissan Patrols.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:57   #21
BHPian

I am a big fan of terrecan for the looks and fell of it. Altough practically speaking, its 4x4 capability has been compromised bcoz of its GC. So all in all your just getting a spacious and a luxurios soft roader. Plus the prices was just not right and mainting it will put a hole in your pockets. This is the reason it didn`t work out in india.

In my personal opinion i loved the car for its Executive Class interiors with loads of electronic and specially that hancook Dynamic tyres.

P.S. Here in visakhapatnam , there one terracan which i have seen many times on the beach road with HID lights. Looks awsome.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:01   #22
BHPian

Hi Evo,
Terracan may be expensive to maintain. I have read somewhere in this forum that you have to change the Fuel filter in every 3rd service and which costs around 16K.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Hi Evo,
Terracan may be expensive to maintain. I have read somewhere in this forum that you have to change the Fuel filter in every 3rd service and which costs around 16K.
Got the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1501859-post33.html
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:39   #24
evo
BHPian

16k for a filter? Thats crazy, the Hyundai *** here told me that regular service costs 5000. Strange
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Cost of fuel filters seen to be very high for the CRDe engines. Even for the Tata Safari, I think there is a big price difference between the TCIC version and the DICOR. Common Rail Systems are sensitive to bad fuel.
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:56   #26
BHPian

1 of the reasons Terracan failed could be due to high maintenance costs.
And thats why it is not very famous in 2nd hand market also.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:52   #27
BHPian

Cant say much about the spares and teh running cost , but when it comes to looks , Terracan is stealer.
The ride looks amazing and gives you a royal feelings , its sad that hyundai has discontinued it . I have always preferred Terracan over Tucson.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:06   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

When the Terracan was launched at close to 20 lakhs, it seems very pricey. But now 20 lakh SUVs seem to be flying of the shelf. I am sure if they relaunch it with a nice diesel engine, it will sell well.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:37   #29
BHPian

Terracan is discontinued by Hyundai worldwide and they have replaced it with Veracruz.
I think Veracruz comes in petrol engine right now and they are planning to launch diesel one shortly.
Hyundai Veracruz is also a very good looking SUV. Although there are few similarities with CRV.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Hyundai Terracan? Good buy or only for Chengis Khan types?-2008_hyundai_veracruz_picture-5.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 17:59   #30
evo
BHPian

Suddenly its raining used Pajeros, asking prices for 3 year old ones have come down from 14 to 10 as if overnight.

Can it be the Fortuner effect? If yes, how? Why would it impact the used Pajeros, wouldnt a Pajero buyer normally upgrade?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks