Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
HappyWheels - How did you know that your Safari was manufactured on 27th July?
The factory PDI stamp was still present in the vehicle and, due to various issue I had with my delivery, also had the message given to me by the TATA UV personnel, who was tracking my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
So please, if you can stretch your moolah and go for an ABS+airbags version always.

PS: this happened in Doha, Qatar.
DaiusPitar,

Good to know that your dad is fine.

With the damage mentioned, I am sure both vehicles were doing very high speeds, the kinds of which are OK over there, but suicidal in India.

Here, in 95% of the roads, you cannot even drive in 120kmph continuously for 15 minutes, before some cattle gets in your way!
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Airbags are always a life savers.If you have a capability to own one,then never neglect
& put a tick to it.

some people think," I wont exceed more than 60-80 kmp", so what happens if other do the same.

Finally what's up with the deal?
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The factory PDI stamp was still present in the vehicle and, due to various issue I had with my delivery, also had the message given to me by the TATA UV personnel, who was tracking my case.

DaiusPitar,

Good to know that your dad is fine.

With the damage mentioned, I am sure both vehicles were doing very high speeds, the kinds of which are OK over there, but suicidal in India.

Here, in 95% of the roads, you cannot even drive in 120kmph continuously for 15 minutes, before some cattle gets in your way!
I agree, to a point. Nowadays with the GQ and with vehicles like these one seldom drives at less than 100-110 no? Anyways, this assumes everyone has the moolah to pay for the safety. I am sure given the budget everybody would choose these features. This is what one could call a market failure. Maybe a case for the government to intervene and make it compulsory. Academic...

BTW, do check out your vehicle's VIN to get the right date of manufacture. You might be surprised. I hope not...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/725816-post13.html
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Maybe a case for the government to intervene and make it compulsory...
This is where I am all praise of Honda in making the ABS standard. At least one step in the right direction.

But I do hope that the government bring a rule! Come on, it is not that only the top end variant customers are humans!!! Every one had the right to safety. Let the differentiator be in terms of cosmetic add-on!

Quote:
... BTW, do check out your vehicle's VIN to get the right date of manufacture. You might be surprised. I hope not...

One of the first things I did.

But unfortunately, does not work completely with the Safari VIN number. So, had it decoded (as soon as the sales person gave it to me) with a kind gentleman from TATA itself. He was the person who first told me about the date of manufacturing (even before it was dispatched) and which I later noticed on the vehicle also. So, no surprises.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, do check out your vehicle's VIN to get the right date of manufacture. You might be surprised. I hope not...
This does not talk about Safari. Does this convention hold good for Safari's as well?
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
This does not talk about Safari. Does this convention hold good for Safari's as well?
@cool_dube,

Please go through the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1540201.

Tata has changed the VIN for Safari's to now start with MAT.

You can either decode this yourself or just post the Chassis number on the thread. I'll decode them for you.

Cheers!
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:50   #52
BHPian

Hey Guys, great news!! All went well, am going to pick up the beast tomorrow!

I am super excited!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
Hey Guys, great news!! All went well, am going to pick up the beast tomorrow!

I am super excited!!
Congratulations Buddy! Where are you finally getting it from? What's the deal you settled at? Please let us know. Please post the pics on the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-please.html as soon as you can.

Last edited by rideon : 23rd October 2009 at 20:12. Reason: Correct information
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Congratulations Buddy! Where are you finally getting it from? What's the deal you settled at? Please let us know. Please post the pics on the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-please.html as soon as you can.
Going in for the Rama deal, will let you know the final cost after negotiation tomorrow. For now it's 8.02L + free insurance, mud flaps, gear lock and extended warranty.

Will go in for a Blaupunkt and decent speakers and reverse parking sensors.

For now, the ladies of the house say no body colored bumpers! Also, will let them pick from artic white, black or cycus grey.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Areeb!

Good to know that things worked out well.

Do have a proper check before taking possession and do ensure to carry a camera with new batteries and take loads of photos!

And say, why are you going for Blaupunkt? What do you plan to do with the Alpines?
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Areeb!

Good to know that things worked out well.

Do have a proper check before taking possession and do ensure to carry a camera with new batteries and take loads of photos!

And say, why are you going for Blaupunkt? What do you plan to do with the Alpines?
Thanks Happy Wheels!! I'll surely be posting the pics by tomorrow evenning.

Well, honestly I wouldn't wait for any specific make. Will pick up the best I find out there in the showroom. Xplod is out since JVC beat it outright the last time I tested. Let's see Alpine if available will check that out besides making JVC and Blaupunkt compete!

Big day tomorrow!!

Last edited by alexnazim : 23rd October 2009 at 21:19.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
... Big day tomorrow!!
Sure is!
And I am sure, tonight is going to be a very LLLLLOOONNGGGG night!
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Sure is!
And I am sure, tonight is going to be a very LLLLLOOONNGGGG night!
You bet, specially when you work night shifts!
Old 23rd October 2009, 23:04   #59
BHPian

@alex
Cool man. Congrats. Finally you stuck to Rama Motors. Please post pictures asap. Also make sure you do the PDI properly.
They have a Blaupunkt MP57 audio in there. Negotiate for less though it says 15990. Also I got to know that TATA or the dealer is teaming with JBL, so you might get JBL speakers soon from tata dealers (Dealer said so, not sure how true. Hope anyone can confirm this). Try JBL GTO 638 coax speakers. The combination should be good.
Best Wishes
Old 24th October 2009, 11:08   #60
BHPian

This coding system has become obsolete now.All OEM's in India have shifted to the international standard of 17 digit VIN coding which signifies the country code followed by the manufacturer code and so on....

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks