Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 11:17   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Areeb!

Good to know that things worked out well.

Do have a proper check before taking possession and do ensure to carry a camera with new batteries and take loads of photos!

And say, why are you going for Blaupunkt? What do you plan to do with the Alpines?
I think he's going for the LX. NO ICE in them. Hence the need
Old 24th October 2009, 11:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Areeb!Hope to see you once you are back from the Dealer today (hope you are carrying the PDI checklist with you). We will be waiting to know your experience with the dealer and lots of pictures at delivery, at puja and so on.
Old 25th October 2009, 22:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations Areeb!Hope to see you once you are back from the Dealer today (hope you are carrying the PDI checklist with you). We will be waiting to know your experience with the dealer and lots of pictures at delivery, at puja and so on.
Gentlemen, when I said finally got her. Rideon said, no dude it's a "he"! (Rideon was there too at the showroom)

Two very long days come to an end. Although I had her (sorry him), since Saturday night, had to turn him in for the Gear Lock and fog lamps today. Still one more trip for the parking sensors and the anti rust coating remains.

Dealing with TAS is a pain. The guy has called me in again to re-fill the feedback form since the one I filled (x-tremely frustrated) would be escallated and he doesn't want that.

Will post the pictures tomorrow! A very special thanks to everyone here who shared knowledge and emotions (rather should say, "as usual" or else this would sound like a good bye note instead of a good buy note!)

Too tired to write anything as of now!! To be cont...

Last edited by alexnazim : 25th October 2009 at 22:19.
Old 25th October 2009, 22:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear about the work-out you got with the sales team! Yeah, those thick skinned clowns are the same everywhere!

But not to worry, things on the other side, AKA service, is much better!

Do take good rest and come back with pictures, tomorrow.
Old 25th October 2009, 22:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear this, now we are all waiting for some pictures of her/him with your accessories.
Someone will have to update the set of pictures where all safari owners picture with their handle out there, or may be in another couple weeks since it looks like Bangalore boys are also adding another couple of beasts to the list.
Old 26th October 2009, 00:21   #66
BHPian

@Areeb
Congrats again. So finally out of 2 Cycus Grey that RM had, you took one, and the other is not worth buying (Anyone wants to know why, please PM me). I asked for a Cycus grey too, but they said it has a 2 weeks wait time. I was not willing to wait any longer. (Planned to buy one in Sept but could not since I was relocating from Mumbai to Delhi). Since my primary choice was always Black and luckily they had one in Stock, so I asked them to drive it down to the showroom. 4 hours of wait and black beast finally arrives. After spending 4 hrs talking to Areeb and Rideon, and eating the sales guy's head, we finally get to do a pre-PDI to check if the car is worthy of a PDI. Guess what, I was very much surprised. Not a scratch, glove box is aligned, no prominent gaps between doors/roof rail, rear door closes smoothly without brushing through the bumper, man, I could not find a fault. I have seen 4 Safari's at the showroom and I was satisfied with this more than any other.
So finally Rideon gives a thumbs up and I book the Black beast. What followed was unbelievable and unheard of. After giving the booking amount and getting the receipt, the sales guy tried to renegotiate the price. Has this happened to anyone else? Never happened to me before.

Now that I was already furious having waited for 4 hrs, his explanation only made me scream more than he had expected. (Actually it was more of rideon screaming and me watching.) Finally hours after we leaving and threatening that we will cancel the booking, the sales guy calls and says that he will honor the price quoted earlier. (reminded me of the novel "Honor among thieves"). Neways so what started as a good experience, is gradually moving to a bad experience. But then TAS is known for this.

I have planned to take the delivery on Tuesday. Hopefully I won't have more surprises.

@Areeb: Apologies for high jacking your thread and posting my sad story.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice: New Safari 2.2 LX VTT or Safari 2008 3.0 Top Model?-pic062.jpg  

Old 26th October 2009, 09:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Another one!

So, congrats to your too, ItsMyLife!

How about creating a new thread of your own and start making posts on what and how things happened.

And the things about the sales, don't know what the consume during working hours??? Re-negotiating the price after booking! My foot! This is one reason why I recommend a quote to be procured once the pricing is finalized, before booking.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

I thinks its been Safari mania on TBHP since the 2.2 VTT was launched. 2 more proud owners. Congrats Alexnazim & Itsmylife.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ItMyLife!
That black with grey claddings looks wonderful. that combination takes you almost close to two tone model and with grey cladding you dont fear to get scratches in trafic.
Waiting for some good pictures now and I'm sure there will be more folks heading Leh/Ladakh from Delhi now on / next season
Old 26th October 2009, 10:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

@ItMyLife:

Please post some pictures @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lease-119.html also!
Old 26th October 2009, 11:03   #71
BHPian

am surpirsed to see safaris being booked, when a new one to be launched is being hotly debated. Guys, any special reason for booking one when a new one is rumoured to be launched in a months time?
Old 26th October 2009, 11:09   #72
BHPian

Thanks @HW, Jay & Ketan

I opened a thread before but it was closed by the Mods. If it is reopened, I'll post more details / "my TATA experience" there, else will open a new thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...i-dream-3.html

I will be posting more pictures once I take delivery (either tomorrow or day after depending on when I get the moolah from the bank)

By the way, I again got a call from the sales guy few minutes back asking me for the email that he had originally sent with the quote. I told him that I don't have it. I also told him that I don't want to discuss the price anymore. If he honors the original quote, well n good, else I will cancel the booking and look elsewhere.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

The answer is in your question itself, An_And!

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
am surpirsed to see safaris being booked, when a new one to be launched is being hotly debated. Guys, any special reason for booking one when a new one is rumoured to be launched in a months time?
Old 26th October 2009, 12:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
@an_and,

even if we contemplate on the rumour, and the spare tyre is going to be located under the chassis, we'd rather not buy that design as IMHO, the whole look of the Safari would go for a toss.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
@an_and,

even if we contemplate on the rumour, and the spare tyre is going to be located under the chassis, we'd rather not buy that design as IMHO, the whole look of the Safari would go for a toss.

Spot on!! One of the primary reasons (might sound ) I rejected the Scorpio was the bland back-side (no offense meant) of the vehicle. An SUV without a spare wheel at the back simply loses the appeal!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks