Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 01:32   #121
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@ Cool_dube: attaching the pics. They are self explanatory. If you need any help plz pm me.

Shantanu

Shantanu, it does point to much abused Safari [may be used as test vehicle?] or something which was standing out in the stockyard for long. The extra sweet talk and discounts were actually may be for that reason itself. What was the kms on the odo showing?

Hopefully, since you have complained out to the top people, things should smoothen out, but the initial bad feeling is very gross to say the least.

Do let us know how it goes.
Old 2nd November 2009, 02:28   #122
BHPian

Untill i bought the Safari i always doubted the reliability.But now after 6K kms i have not faced any issues.My suggestion is that when you buy,inspect the vehicle properly.The experience of owning a Safari is unlike anything else.The liking for this vehicle will grow on you with every passing day unlike any other car.
Old 2nd November 2009, 08:33   #123
BHPian

adc: the vehicle in question was produced in Sep end.check the VIN series in my mail.Hence the question of TD Car and Long storage at TML stock yard does not arrive.It had only 114kms on odo when i inspected.The dealer would not dare pass on a TD car to me like that as they very well know i am from the same field.

Yes the initial feeling of buying a premium vehicle has gone down the train.I will be able to know today after my meeting with their RM when i can expect a defect free car.It just irritates me even after paying every penny i owe them i again have to wait for 20 days to get the next car.

will keep you posted.

Shantanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Shantanu, it does point to much abused Safari [may be used as test vehicle?] or something which was standing out in the stockyard for long. The extra sweet talk and discounts were actually may be for that reason itself. What was the kms on the odo showing?

Hopefully, since you have complained out to the top people, things should smoothen out, but the initial bad feeling is very gross to say the least.

Do let us know how it goes.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:34   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It had only 114kms
Mine arrived with ~52 kms on odo. Few guys here have reported less than that too.

-BJ
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the vehicle in question was produced in Sep end.check the VIN series in my mail.Hence the question of TD Car and Long storage at TML stock yard does not arrive.
This is what beats me!! If a Sept vehicle can be in this condition, I am all the more apprehensive of my vehicle, currently on its way from Pune, which is a July vehicle. Will definitely give it a thorough scan before paying up the balance and getting it registered.

Thanks for sharing your experience Shantanu.

Safari owners - any other pointers over and top of the TBHP PDI checklist?
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:14   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
...from Pune, which is a July vehicle.
Don't worry sir...there wasn't too much rains in Pune this monsoon. We already have 15% water cut announced by municipalities here. So no rusting

Quote:
Safari owners - any other pointers over and top of the TBHP PDI checklist?
Refer to my last post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...born-free.html

Last edited by bj96 : 2nd November 2009 at 11:16. Reason: minor edit
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:02   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Don't worry sir...there wasn't too much rains in Pune this monsoon. We already have 15% water cut announced by municipalities here. So no rusting

Refer to my last post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...born-free.html
I hope so. I will do a thorough checkup nevertheless, including one of the underbelly! Is there an updated TBHP PDI checklist somewhere?
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu,

Do keep us updated on how things are going at your end.
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:02   #129
BHPian

@cool_dube : met their RM yesterday.He seemed to be a nice man and apologised.They have despatched an Oct manufactured car with proper PDI on 31st.Also agreed to tender an apology letter to be sent by courier today.
There would be no price increase for me even if the scheme changes.

Hopefully the matter is resolved.I have to keep my fingers crossed till the car arrives and i get to inspect it. I beleive this all happened due to the pressure from TML higher ups.

Shantanu

Quote:
Shantanu,

Do keep us updated on how things are going at your end.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:28   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@cool_dube : met their RM yesterday.He seemed to be a nice man and apologised.They have despatched an Oct manufactured car with proper PDI on 31st.Also agreed to tender an apology letter to be sent by courier today. There would be no price increase for me even if the scheme changes.

Hopefully the matter is resolved.I have to keep my fingers crossed till the car arrives and i get to inspect it. I beleive this all happened due to the pressure from TML higher ups.
Shantanu
Good to know that! Did/could the RM provide an explanation as to why such a vehicle was delivered to you in the first place?

I am now having second thoughts on accepting a July vehicle. :-|
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Price sounds almost double. Look at tata customer support website- TML recommended price is about 4k for this. I got mine done (03/2009) for about 4k + taxes. It was "waxoyl" - tata approved paint protection stuff.

-BJ
Well, I chose not to go for the teflon coating since I remember reading a thread on team bhp that specifies if your car is teflon coated, you cannot use a wet cloth to clean it else you just ming end up with those round lines that shine in the sunlight. To top that you know how careless thoe morning car clearners are!!

I would rather go for an anti rust coat and wax polish.
Old 4th November 2009, 08:19   #132
BHPian

@cool_dube : i guess you have seen the pics that i posted.Check your car thoroughly before it goes for registration.All other issues as evident from my pics can be taken care of but the rusting.rusting is just not acceptable in new cars.For body panels of cars rust is just like cancer in human bodies.Once it starts it can be slowed down by using some chemicals but CANNOT be stopped.

Hence check minutely for any specs of rust and if you find any do not accept the car at any cost.

Shantanu

Quote:
Good to know that! Did/could the RM provide an explanation as to why such a vehicle was delivered to you in the first place?

I am now having second thoughts on accepting a July vehicle. :-|
Old 4th November 2009, 09:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
Well, I chose not to go for the teflon coating since I remember reading a thread on team bhp that specifies if your car is teflon coated, you cannot use a wet cloth to clean it else you just ming end up with those round lines that shine in the sunlight. To top that you know how careless thoe morning car clearners are!!

I would rather go for an anti rust coat and wax polish.
Those round lines are called swirl marks. They will come on any surface if the grit is not washed off first. Only way to avoid them is to hose the car down then dip a cloth or wooly skin into water and clean the mud off. They will appear on paint too. It is therefore better to get the polymer (teflon) treatment done. The polymer coating will protect the paint and bear the brunt of the wet cloth. It is better that the teflon gets the swirl marks than the paint. You will also enjoy the nice shiny sheen that the polymer treatment leaves on the car.

Cheers,
Old 4th November 2009, 10:58   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hence check minutely for any specs of rust and if you find any do not accept the car at any cost
Rust is my biggest worry. TML folks have assured me that their stockyard is a covered one so no exposure to rain/sun and therefore chances of rust are nil. However, I know better than to take their word for it and would be doing a thorough inspection for any signs of rust. Hopefully my Safari should be in Bangalore today evening and I would get to see it tomorrow.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:14   #135
Senior - BHPian

Rust on a new vehicle is the worst thing that can happen! I, for one, would suspect how much rust there are on other parts, which are not easily seen, in such cases!

Hope you get a better piece. But I am shocked that a Sep manufactured vehicle with so much rust!

Cool_Dube, has the vehicle arrived???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks