Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 11:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Cool_dube:

One option is here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...scorpio-7.html

This should give you a fair enough idea on how to decode the new Safari VIN's.

EDIT:

CD: Guess they were not expecting an informed customer! LOL!!!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 26th October 2009 at 11:41.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Cool_dube:

One option is here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...scorpio-7.html

This should give you a fair enough idea on how to decode the new Safari VIN's.
Sure - for that I need to get hold of the VIN no. which does not look like an easy task as of now
Old 26th October 2009, 12:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

CD,

Do not sign on any papers for registration until and unless you are satisfied with the vehicle. As said earlier, once the vehicle is marked for a dealer, the VIN will be available to the dealer for their tracking. Heck, they can even track the truck (the carrying trucks are all GPS enabled).

So, stand your ground.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

It's a July vehicle...

Guys,

Just got hold of the VIN no - it is a July vehicle!! While I am aware that a cycus grey 4x4 is not a fast moving combo and I was anticipating a slightly old vehicle, just wanted to get your feedback. TML (not the dealer) has assured me that I can do a thorough check-up of the vehicle before I give a go for registration. If any issues, they would send another piece. Currently they have four Cycus Grey 4x4 EXs and therefore it is highly unlikely that they would manufacture a fresh piece for me :-(
Old 26th October 2009, 15:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ask for the one thats least old. That way you know you have the newest hoping that they dont lie at the factory end and send you the most old one.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Just got hold of the VIN no - it is a July vehicle!!...it is highly unlikely that they would manufacture a fresh piece for me :-(
IMO, it is fine. At least TML is candid about VIN/manufacturing date before sale. Just because it is a Tata we are out with knife and scissors... there are so many manufacturers and assemblers who would import knocked down kits in bulk from outside, put them together and sell them as current in Indian market. Anyways you will have the warranty from the date of sale. Just ensure car is not abused (unlikely if it is still in factory godown) and have all the upgrades/retrofits in place- this you can confirm from TML guy directly.

-BJ
Old 26th October 2009, 15:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Ask for the one thats least old. That way you know you have the newest hoping that they dont lie at the factory end and send you the most old one.
Personally, I do not think a few days would make a difference - all of these four are July vehicles. What I have told the TLM guy is to ensure that they dispatch the best (in whatever sense they feel) of the lot! Not sure if anything more can be done unless I change my choice of color (switch over to a fast moving one - like a black or a white
Old 26th October 2009, 15:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

CD,

Black and white in 4x4 is not all that fast moving. So, chances are that you will still end up with at least a 2 months old stock.

And yes, Cycus grey is not that much of a fast moving color. Having 4 4x4 Cycus grey - let us all blame ADC for that!!!

But, honestly, since the vehicle is in TATA factory and not at some dealer showroom, I am sure the vehicle is in, well, "factory" condition!

And yes, July manufactured vehicle are with all the retro-fits that are done for the 2.2.
Old 26th October 2009, 16:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And yes, July manufactured vehicle are with all the retro-fits that are done for the 2.2.
I have already validated with TML guy that indicators on ORVMs and the 2.2 VTT Dicor tag on the sides (instead of the side indicators) are available on the vehicle. Any others retro-fits that I should be asking about?
Old 26th October 2009, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I have already validated with TML guy that indicators on ORVMs and the 2.2 VTT Dicor tag on the sides (instead of the side indicators) are available on the vehicle. Any others retro-fits that I should be asking about?
The mechanical/software retrofits are all done before the car is dispatched. This is what I was told by a Tata factory personnel. So be assured, you'll get all the retrofits. It'll be in pristine "factory" condition.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
The mechanical/software retrofits are all done before the car is dispatched. This is what I was told by a Tata factory personnel. So be assured, you'll get all the retrofits. It'll be in pristine "factory" condition.
Well, I believe I should not be losing my sleep over this in that case and wait for the vehicle to arrive. I have clearly told TML as well as Concorde that I would be "accepting" the vehicle only after a thorough inspection and they agreed to it.

Or should I just tell them that I will accpet only a fresh piece (whenever that is manufactured) and am ready to wait indefinitely for that?
Old 26th October 2009, 17:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

CD,

When the retro-fit is mentioned, it was not just the cosmetics like the ORVM with indicator or the Dicor tag.

The retro-fits are the new ECU soft, the ECU cover, time belt upgrade, A/c fuse upgrade to name a few. You will also be getting the new variant of the clutch assembly, that is of better performance than the earlier 2.2's.

How do I know all this - this was all present in a June manufactured 2.2, so I am sure the July batch has them!

So, finally, after having said all this: Please go ahead and take the vehicle. But yes, do a through inspection of the vehicle before registration and get them to fix whatever you feel is not right.

But all this can take a hike, if you insist on a new piece, of a color they don't have. Mmmm... maybe a Mineral Red?
Old 26th October 2009, 18:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I believe I should not be losing my sleep over this in that case and wait for the vehicle to arrive. I have clearly told TML as well as Concorde that I would be "accepting" the vehicle only after a thorough inspection and they agreed to it.

Or should I just tell them that I will accpet only a fresh piece (whenever that is manufactured) and am ready to wait indefinitely for that?
@cool_dube,

Don't lose sleep now. You'll as it is be losing it when you start driving and drooling over it. It's just too good a vehicle. (Just keep one of those baby bips handy to wipe the drool)

I say this because I'm drooling over the one ItMyLife is getting. I drool in my sleep too when i dream of the 4x4 Mineral Red I'll be booking in sometime.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
... I say this because I'm drooling over the one ItMyLife is getting. I drool in my sleep too when i dream of the 4x4 Mineral Red I'll be booking in sometime.
A rare combination.

Do that and then you will know what a fresh-out-of-the-oven vehicle is like!
Old 26th October 2009, 18:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle dispatched...

Okay guys... the vehicle is dispatched today. ETA - Friday/Saturday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks