Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 13:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Anyways dropped the plan for Binsar as wife and kid want to chill out and not freeze out...
so heading for Konkan beaches of Tarkarli/Devbag.
Superb.I couldn't stop LOL and finally my friend and whole team started LOL and I was almost falling off my chair by seeing this sentence
Old 11th November 2009, 01:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
The road upto Almora is excellent. And from Almora binsar is hardly 30 kms. Is the last 30 kms that bad..?? The drive of 11 km from forest check post to KMVN Binsar is said to be very scenic. Anyways dropped the plan for Binsar as wife and kid want to chill out and not freeze out...
so heading for Konkan beaches of Tarkarli/Devbag.
The roads are pretty good all the way.

And won't freeze in Binsar. I went to Mcleodgunj/Manali last November and it was fun.
Old 11th November 2009, 06:45   #48
BHPian

Thanks Samurai for the reply. I plan to get the Marshall serviced before buying (half-half cost) and then have the Mahindra mechanic inspect so that I know which parts need to be replaced over the next year or so - I will be then prepared! I will also check the tyres and may want to replace all 5 with good Jeep treads After all a lot is riding on the rubber especially if going off-road.

I need to add an A/C and ICE (of some kind).

Cheers

Nattusbs
Old 11th November 2009, 07:38   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattusbs View Post
...I need to add an A/C and ICE (of some kind)...
ICE and Marshal go together?
Old 11th November 2009, 12:27   #50
BHPian

Sudev

Maybe I used the wrong terminology

I meant that I want to add a Radio/CD player with speakers. I am not into any fancy boom-boom stuff!

Cheers

Nattusbs
Old 11th November 2009, 17:20   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah that's what I thought - fancy stuff will have competition from engiine. ;-)
Old 11th November 2009, 17:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil on Wheels View Post
The roads are pretty good all the way.

And won't freeze in Binsar. I went to Mcleodgunj/Manali last November and it was fun.
Devil: I was in Munsyari in May08 and it was pretty cold in the evenings.
Binsar will definitely be VERY cold in December end. However the views will be stunning in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Superb.I couldn't stop LOL and finally my friend and whole team started LOL and I was almost falling off my chair by seeing this sentence
Shishir: me and my wife are poles apart when ir comes to travelling. I like to rough it out and i am game for everything. Where as she prefers comforts. So its always a compromise for both of us.
And i know Binsar would have been great, i just love the Himalayas.

Meanwhile working on the GV guy to bring some senses in his mind.!
Will TD the Scorp this weekend. Hope they have a TD vehicle!
Old 11th November 2009, 19:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Btw can someone tell me what is the difference between Mahindra Commander & Marshall. I thought both came in Soft Top and Hard Top options
Old 18th November 2009, 18:38   #54
BHPian

Checked out the Marshal at the dealer - looked good - couple of fenders have cracks - need to be replaced. Told the seller that I would call him on Tuesday (yesterday) - the seller called me and wanted to know what I would offer - I said, as I have to spend Rs 50-60,000 for A/C and other things, I can offer Rs 1.5L. He said the reason he called was to tell me that he had another person in his office who was offering Rs 2.5L, but, since he had already spoken to me first, he thought he should check with me (really?).

I told him, "As you are getting Rs 1L more than my offer, please go ahead and sell it to the other person". In a way, I was calling his bluff (I do not think it is worth Rs 2.5L, especially based on the feedback on this thread).

So that is it. As I told my Dad, in government parlance "I saved Rs 2L yesterday" !!!!

Cheers

Nattusbs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks