Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2005, 17:23   #1
BHPian

Bolero- What to look for ?

Hi Team,

A friend of mine has found a bolero (4*4) on sale with 50000km on odo.
Its 2003 black top of line model, with Aura 5 spoke alloys & bridgestone tyres . The console inside is of fake wood & was used by one of the Co. directors who was an american, enormously built. Co-driver's seat is somewhat tilted and needs replacement. The battery has been discharged and the vehicle has not moved for the past three months. It will be hard to
convince the officials to let it take to a mechanic and check the vehicle, though a small test ride inside the premises is what is expected.

Do you recommend to have a look at it ? What specifically should be focus areas ? As of now he has not test driven it. The asking price is 3.15 lac and purchase was 6.74 lac.

Tarun
Old 17th August 2005, 18:26   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tarun,

A small test drive on a machine which has not been started would only tell you so much; the unnecessary noises and vibrations could be attributed to either bad maintainence or no usage for 3 months.

Somethings to check on used Mahindras are engine compression, rust and overall feel. Very few Mahindras are well maintained with most being put to abuse and over-loading consistently. Also dont miss the service records.

Either ways, if your friend is not comfortable....do not let him buy a car which he can test drive only for a handful of minutes.

GTO
Old 17th August 2005, 18:38   #3
BHPian

2003 model and not in use for 3 months.. Still having 50,000 km on it.. And to top it all its a (4x4) and used by an American.. By the virtue of all the descriptions that you've provided.. The car must've been totally @#$% up by now..

Don't go for it..
Old 24th August 2005, 22:08   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO.
I am expected to join my friend for the test drive this weekend. If the indications are gud after the test drive, i'll ask them to take it to workshop and check for compression ratio. Pls advise if there is anything else that i may ask them to check.

Yes Ma23ish, i learnt that he was fond of touring and had driven immensly on highways. Though its loaded with VCD players and two screens,however, these are irrelevant if the vehicle is not upto mark.

Tarun
Old 25th August 2005, 12:07   #5
BHPian

one more thing...
when going for a test drive use 4*4 for about 5KM and check if its working and if engine is getting over heated...
50K should not make any Diffrence but have it checked to a local service station...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks