Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:41   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good decision
thats one heck of a tough beast and wont let you down.

the Bolero is available in its 4WD avatar as SLX with AC and Power Steering which variant will be most suitable for your requirement.

It is also available as the 4WD INVADER with a soft top, no AC, no Power Steering - this is also a good vehicle but wont suit your requirement as it is more of a rural jeep type thing.

The innova will cosset all your senior management types with its proven comfort and reliability especially for the highway trips.

you have made good decisions in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
guys another update. We have decided to use the 4x4 car only within the site premises and maybe 4-5 km around the site. So I suggested my boss to go for the cheapest and reliable 4x4 Bolero. He is happy that we would be investing less now. As such they will probably travel for maximum 15-20 minutes at a time.

And Bolero should be easy to maintain and repair. For the highways we will probably pick up a Innova now. Safari my boss is not keen on TATA products

Thanks for all the inputs . Which model of Bolero is the best

ok looks like there is only one variant Mahindra Bolero-SLX 4WD. This has AC and power windows,
Old 29th January 2010, 16:15   #17
BHPian

Isnt Bolero SLX 4WD BS-II compliant only? I though the last date for registering non-BS3 or above vehicles is around or passed or may be March 2010. You may want your dealer to do a quick check on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
2. Tata Safari EX 2.2 Dicor 4WD - say about 11 lacs OTR
3. Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 Mhawk VLX 4WD - say about 12.5 lacs OTR
shankar,
Not nitpicking - but reminding of the prices I saw earlier during my selection days -
the like-to-like variant in safari 4wd which has ABS is GX which is 10.72 Lakhs ex-showroom and scorp vlx 4wd with ABS is 10.16 lakhs IMHO in Bangalore. Agreed that entry level 4WD (Ex) is much cheaper.

Cheers
Old 29th January 2010, 16:31   #18
BANNED

hi adzegeek

no trouble - i havent checked any of these prices in the recent past - just gave a rough indication in the post.

Entry level Safari with 4WD would be the EX since its on road price itself would come to about 11 ish.

but the gentleman appears to have made his decision in favour of the Bolero for On Site and Innova to get to the Site via the Highway.

Your point about bolero BS compliance is a good one. The Bolero SLX comes with the XD3PU engine in its 4WD avatar and that engine being older is BS 2 compliant only.

Unless of course they've changed things recently and stuck a 4WD in the Crde Bolero Storm in which case it should be BS 3 compliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Isnt Bolero SLX 4WD BS-II compliant only? I though the last date for registering non-BS3 or above vehicles is around or passed or may be March 2010. You may want your dealer to do a quick check on this.

shankar,
Not nitpicking - but reminding of the prices I saw earlier during my selection days -
the like-to-like variant in safari 4wd which has ABS is GX which is 10.72 Lakhs ex-showroom and scorp vlx 4wd with ABS is 10.16 lakhs IMHO in Bangalore. Agreed that entry level 4WD (Ex) is much cheaper.

Cheers
Old 29th January 2010, 16:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Unless of course they've changed things recently and stuck a 4WD in the Crde Bolero Storm in which case it should be BS 3 compliant.
Not yet. 4WD is with XD3PU engine only.

Since it is a company owned vehicle, it wouldnt matter much but for someone's own hard earned money, the closure of re-registrations when you move cities with a BS-II vehcile will come early - thats not nice. Boleros will last that much time for sure.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:59   #20
BANNED

if they really want to do some good things on the emission front they should knock out all the public transport and goods transport vehicles which are older than 12-15 years first! instead of continually jamming the private vehicle buyer!

Quote:

Since it is a company owned vehicle, it wouldnt matter much but for someone's own hard earned money, the closure of re-registrations when you move cities with a BS-II vehcile will come early - thats not nice. Boleros will last that much time for sure.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:04   #21
BHPian

I guess the registration would not be a problem, we would not be part of the cities where the stricter emission norms are there. Anyway we will check this issue as well.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

If the 4x4 is just for site use, then you may look at saving some more money and get the Mahindra Major 4X4.

Else you can also look at the Bolero Camper Gold 4x4. Can fit people and load as well.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...We need some vehicle ASAP. ...
Quote:
...variant Mahindra Bolero-SLX 4WD. This has AC and power windows...
I think there is a waiting period for the 4WD version of the Bolero. Please check that.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:56   #24
BANNED

correct - there is a waiting period.
typically 4-5 weeks as far as I am told by the Bangalore Mahindra dealer whom I go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I think there is a waiting period for the 4WD version of the Bolero. Please check that.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I made a mistake. M&M offers the Bolero SLX with XDP 4x4 and the Bolero DI with DI Turbo 4x4. However this has no PS, AC, PW.

MC: Moving the SM types in Camper may be a bit too much
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MC: Moving the SM types in Camper may be a bit too much
I think it is very much possible. Just for your knowledge, Anand Mahindra daily drive is a Bolero Stinger

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks