Team-BHP - New Premium Suv Suggestion Needed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/)
-   -   New Premium Suv Suggestion Needed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-muvs-4x4s/74702-new-premium-suv-suggestion-needed.html)

Hi Guys,

My Uncle is wanting to buy a premium SUV and he has asked me to the choosing for him.
His criteria are it should be a diesel , it should be able to seat 6-7 people and the engine should be torquey .
I suggested him the Audi q7 3.0tdi but the thing with that vehicle is Audi has stopped production of the 3.0 tdi and has come out with the 4.2 td with a v8 engine and the prce has gone upto 86 lakh on road in chennai , which is again well above his budget. He has a budget of around 60-70 lakhs.
Looked at the toureg and liked it but it seats only 5 people.
Going to have a look at the xc90 and the cayenne diesel .
Any idea of the pricing of the cayenne diesel ?

Waiting for all your suggestions. Please help.

What about the Range Rover o, X5 or even the M-Class?

Other options can include Monteiro and Land Rover Discovery

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1711321)
What about the Range Rover o, X5 or even the M-Class?

Other options can include Monteiro and Land Rover Discovery

THe merc and the x5 do they have a 7 seater option ?

And would love to know the price of the discovery in india ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 1711323)
And would love to know the price of the discovery in india ?

Land Rover - India :: Vehicles :: Discovery 4 :: Specifications
Discovery4 is for 63 Lakhs and Range Rover for 89 Lakhs. Range Rover Sport might be slightly cheaper Tata brings Jaguar and Land Rover to India- News- Zigwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 1711313)
Hi Guys,

I suggested him the Audi q7 3.0tdi but the thing with that vehicle is Audi has stopped production of the 3.0 tdi and has come out with the 4.2 td with a v8 engine and the prce has gone upto 86 lakh on road in chennai , which is again well above his budget.

This is not true. The 3.0 TDI is still available. Check with other dealerships. Also the normal spec'd 4.2TDI would be about 70-75 L OTR in Haryana when it is going to be available in April/2010. Not sure that the taxes in Chennai are that high unless you are opting for all kind of options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropy (Post 1711368)
This is not true. The 3.0 TDI is still available. Check with other dealerships. Also the normal spec'd 4.2TDI would be about 70-75 L OTR in Haryana when it is going to be available in April/2010. Not sure that the taxes in Chennai are that high unless you are opting for all kind of options.

Tax is high in Chennai compared to Haryana .

And 3.0 should be available, maybe he wants to sell out his pending stock or so? Call Audi @ Cochin and check.

Mercedes have recently introduced the GL, that is a large 7 seater.
Double check if Audi have really stopped the Q7 3.0dti. It was there best seller. I was under the impression that the Q7 4.2tdi was an additional offering to the Q7 3.0tdi.

YEs, im sure , found out from Audi chennai and they said they have stopped selling the 3.0 tdi. Can someone from cochin please find out whether the 3.0 tdi is still available ?

And also the discovery at 64 lakhs showroom or onroad ?

If so how much is it on road ?

I am also looking at the xc90 for my uncle which is 49 lakhs on road in chennai . The toureg is 56 lakhs on road in chennai but its only a 5 seater.
Should find out about the gl series.

EDIT: Just now spoke to Audi. He apologized for the sales person being wrong. He was not aware that the 3.0 tdi will sell sell along with the 4.2 ltr tdi.
Anyways he also added there will be a very long waiting list for the 3.0 tdi and possible delivery only in april or may. For which my uncle definitely wouldnt wait.
Anyways contacted Mercedes about the gl.
That definitely sounds promising .64-70 lakh on road with a 3.0 ltr diesel engine and a 7 seater option. And delivery within a month.
Willl keep you updated about the choice.

the q7 is hardly a 7 seater, the 3rd row is very uncomfortable with almost no legroom. the gl im sure will be much better.

Q7 4.2 litre tdi 84 lakhs with all the options except the bang and olufsen which runs to about 7 lakhs.Delivery only in April.

Q7 3.0 tdi they have been overbooked and delivery only in september.
So both out of the question i guess.

Try the XC90, I've heard they are offering discounts upto 10L on the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclipse78 (Post 1711700)
Try the XC90, I've heard they are offering discounts upto 10L on the same.

The XC90 seems to be a very attractive package for the price. the on road price in chennai being 49.2 lakhs on road.
A good deal indeed.

And also test drove the toureg and loved it but it has only 5 seats.

you could consider;

1. Landrover Freelander
2. Volvo XC90
3. VW Touareg
4. Mitsubishi Montero
5. BMW X5

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1712277)
you could consider;

1. Landrover Freelander
2. Volvo XC90
3. VW Touareg
4. Mitsubishi Montero
5. BMW X5

Out of the suggestions you have given
The freelander is very sluggish and i feel its terribly underpowered and you get a bit too less for the price.

The XC90 is defintiely worth considering.

The toureg great vehicle but agin is a 5 seater.

Montero is a great vehicle again but would want something more presticious. and x5 again a 5 seater.

What do you guys think of the newly launched prado .One thing is cant imagine the less than half in value fortuner shares the same engine with it and only the electrical's vary.

My vote would go for the Touareg and the Cayenne. But since the Touareg is a 5 seater, out it goes. TD the Cayenne, but you'll have to stretch your budget by around 10%. The XC90 is also a good option.

P.S - Does Volvo have a service centre in Chennai?